RD1. CB Da'Quincy  "Kool Aid" McKinstry 6'1 193

RD2. ILB Edgerrin Cooper 6'3 230

RD3. C Sedrick Van Pran Granger 6'4 310

RD4. RT Christian Jones 6'6 330

RD4. WR Brenden Rice 6'2 212

RD6. OLB Gabriel Murphy 6'2 250

RD7. DT Fabien Lovett 6'4 315

Thoughts?

If it went down that way, I'd not be upset.
Getting those two picks at the start and still managing to grab Van Pran would be a a result.

I personally think Van Pran isn't the best fit out of the top 3 OCs (JPJ and Frazier),
not even top 4 if you included G.Barton as an OC, but getting Kool-Aid in RD 1,
I'd be ecstatic about B.RIce and F.Lovett in later rounds would be strong pick/fits.

• Like 1

Just to add to this, I believe this to be one of the more realistic drafts, and at the same time it's so different than the normal approach and sequence I've seen or chosen as of late.

That is why I like it so much. It may be a long shot to get that quality of a nose in round 7, but he's definitely a part time player with us,

So, looking that way late makes sense. It would be a really good fit, as the defensive line pickings are not as good as it seemed originally, or so it seems.

• Like 1

It is an interesting draft.  Rt is deep enough to get decent talent later.  The key is getting one of the top tier centers.  Personally, I think they fix their ILB with FA and not a high draft choice.  Fix the trenches first.

• Like 3

Id be very content....although this draft screams "drafting for the future"....which Im okay with.    This is the kind of draft Id expect if we roll with Pickett or Rudolph next year and our expectations are kinda middling for 2024.

If we get a new QB via FA (like Cousins) or god forbid trade for someone like Fields, Id expect OL and WR in the first 3 rounds.

I also think DL should be addressed sooner, but if the draft fell in a way that these were the best picks, Id be pleased.

Edited by 43M

18 hours ago, jebrick said:

It is an interesting draft. 

I echo Jebrick's sentiments here. Interesting is the word that I used.  Harder for me to tell what we have or would need without free agency.

I probably have a different order of priority.

RT is deep enough to get decent talent later.  The key is getting one of the top tier centers. 

I agree as well.  CB also seems to be deeper.

Personally, I think they fix their ILB with FA and not a high draft choice. 

I like trying to get Isaiah Simmons to add to the room. He does what Mykal Walker couldn't and could be sort of like Kwon Alexander in terms of overall skills at ILB. Although, I wouldn't mind giving Kwon another shot. I like him.

Fix the trenches first.

I have been saying this for years now. Back-up type like Mason Rudolph filling in at QB, old Big Ben at QB or young Kenny Pickett at QB, you need a very good OL.It also gives the QB time to develop and gain confidence.

5 hours ago, 43M said:

Id be very content....although this draft screams "drafting for the future"....which I'm okay with.    This is the kind of draft Id expect if we roll with Pickett or Rudolph next year and our expectations are kinda middling for 2024.

I think you need to address both.  The future is always now. Tomorrow isn't promised, but it should be planned for.

I would target in free agency: CB, DL, Center, OT, WR, SS, and ILB.  Potential players: Sneed or Johnson #! and Shaq Griffin distant 3. DL: Q. Jefferson and J. Bullard. Center Biadasz or Cushenberry. OT: Donovan Smith or Trent Brown. WR: Ray Ray McCloud or Ju Ju Smith-Shuster for slot. SS: If I can't get Sneed or Johnson, I spend on Kyle Dugger. If I do, then I bring back T. Edmunds or Jeremy Chinn. ILB: Isiah Simmons.

Even with this based on building and needs I am prioritizing: Center, OT, CB, and DT. Fortunately, it appears that OT, CB, and DL have some quality depth and are not top heavy like Center.

If we get a new QB via FA (like Cousins) or god forbid trade for someone like Fields, Id expect OL and WR in the first 3 rounds.

I am expecting double dip at OL within the first two or four rounds. They need quality starters, not another Chuks or Dan Moore type.  As far as WR, it is fairly deep and rookies rarely make a huge impact.

I also think DL should be addressed sooner, but if the draft fell in a way that these were the best picks, Id be pleased.

DL is a bit of a concern for me, but something I think they need a combo of draft and free agents. I would not go big $$$ in free agency. With some of the talent and the style of defense the Steelers play they could and should get a young DL to team with Benton and replace Cam down the road as well.