(Some of) Best Available:

Kamren Kinchens, S, Miami
Graham Barton, IOL, Duke
Troy Franklin, WR, Oregon
Jordan Morgan, OT, Arizona
Keon Coleman, WR, Florida State
Andrew McConkey, WR, Georgia
Bo Nix, QB, Oregon

It might not be the teams that select them, but I still think all three QBs go 1, 2, 3

The tackle and CB order is probably wrong, but that is hard to predict now. All personal preferences at the moment. I do think the order of Alt, Fuaga, Olu stands as of now.

I think someone does the Lamar Jackson trade and gets back into the first round for Bo Nix. I'm not high on McCarthy at all, but it sounds like someone will take him in the first somewhere.

Some alternate picks/thoughts I had:

If the Chargers can somehow keep both Allen and Mike Williams, I could see that pick being Bowers.

I like SF taking a falling WR with their pick as an alternate.

Minnesota is a prime trade down candidate if they don't like McCarthy or think he's gonna drop - accumulate for the future and possibly take a QB later in the first.

I don't think Latham falls that far, but that's the way the cookie crumbled this time.

First EDGE off the board was tough. I am not as high on Latu as the #1, but I've got time to figure this out.

• Like 4

Oh dear, for the 25 millionth mock draft this year, an OT is assigned to the Packers in the first round, when it is far from their most urgent need. You need to know that young LT Rasheed Walker improved so much during the season that LT is not a pressing need now and the RT is Tom, who is very good. even if the Packers lose David Bakhtiari, they are still in good shape. Now a tackle later in the draft who needs a little development - THAT sounds realistic.

Any of your next 5 picks after #25 would be nice. (Chop Robinson, Cooper DeJean, Tyler Nubin, Jer'zhan Newton, Ennis Rakestraw). 

CB/S DeJean (taken at #27 in your draft) is pretty much a perfect meeting of talent, need and versatility............. and of all the players listed I suspect he would have the Packers sprinting to the podium to make him the pick. 

Edited by OneTwoSixFive
  • Like 1

If Newton falls out of the Top 15, let alone the Top 20 I'll be shocked

Not sure I can see the Cowboys taking a WR in the 1st round but it's certainly not out in left field - will just come down to what we do before the draft with Cooks and Gallup/etc.  We have potential holes at S, CB, LB, DT, OT, C, WR and RB

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MaddHatter said:

If Newton falls out of the Top 15, let alone the Top 20 I'll be shocked

Not sure I can see the Cowboys taking a WR in the 1st round but it's certainly not out in left field - will just come down to what we do before the draft with Cooks and Gallup/etc.  We have potential holes at S, CB, LB, DT, OT, C, WR and RB

I like it if it buys into the Cowboys "all in year" for McCarthy. I think one of Cooks and Gallup are gone as well.

And yeah, Newton is definitely another one that plummeted in this that I don't believe the case, but some people have to fall somewhere.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Oh dear, for the 25 millionth mock draft this year, an OT is assigned to the Packers in the first round, when it is far from their most urgent need. You need to know that young LT Rasheed Walker improved so much during the season that LT is not a pressing need now and the RT is Tom, who is very good. even if the Packers lose David Bakhtiari, they are still in good shape. Now a tackle later in the draft who needs a little development - THAT sounds realistic.

Any of your next 5 picks after #25 would be nice. (Chop Robinson, Cooper DeJean, Tyler Nubin, Jer'zhan Newton, Ennis Rakestraw). 

CB/S DeJean (taken at #27 in your draft) is pretty much a perfect meeting of talent, need and versatility............. and of all the players listed I suspect he would have the Packers sprinting to the podium to make him the pick. 

I understand, makes sense. I didn't do it as an urgent need but a BPA scenario that fit. I like Mims.

I think there are still a handful of tackles that could go in the 2nd, but I dunno if they would make it to your pick. I think you'd be better off getting a good corner or IDL with that 2nd at this rate.

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

I understand, makes sense. I didn't do it as an urgent need but a BPA scenario that fit. I like Mims.

I think there are still a handful of tackles that could go in the 2nd, but I dunno if they would make it to your pick. I think you'd be better off getting a good corner or IDL with that 2nd at this rate.

I was thinking of a tackle later still, like Anthony Belton in round 4 or later.  Round 2 (#41) would be a good spot for Safety and at #58 maybe a good ILB or IOL. Part of the problem of drafting for GB is that most of their needs this year are not the higher value positions (like QB, Edge, WR, OT). Corner is about the closest to it.

Good callout that the Vikings would probably strongly consider moving down if they aren't in on McCarthy. Let someone come up for him and accumulate more picks, they don't have a 3rd. I don't love DL at 11, though I'd consider EDGE there. Really I'd love to see them take a QB. For me probably Penix in that case.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Gnat said:

Good callout that the Vikings would probably strongly consider moving down if they aren't in on McCarthy. Let someone come up for him and accumulate more picks, they don't have a 3rd. I don't love DL at 11, though I'd consider EDGE there. Really I'd love to see them take a QB. For me probably Penix in that case.

Definitely. Something like the Bengals moving up to 11 to get Bowers or Murphy or something for 18, 80 and a 2025 3rd. Then the Vikings could look to take McCarthy at 18, or Nix or Penix. Might be early for them but at least you moved down and accumulated assets to do so.

This goes for a lot of mocks I have seen on here and other places. I have a tough time believing Harbaugh will take a WR at #5 

Knowing his style I think he would want a big body on either side of the ball. If they trade down into the teens then I could maybe see a WR but would still be a little surprised 

2 hours ago, TakeTheBallDeep said:

This goes for a lot of mocks I have seen on here and other places. I have a tough time believing Harbaugh will take a WR at #5 

Knowing his style I think he would want a big body on either side of the ball. If they trade down into the teens then I could maybe see a WR but would still be a little surprised 

I actually agree. I only did it to replace one of losing Allen or Williams with a great talent coming in. I did mention if they kept both somehow, I don't think it would be a WR.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Bengals need a RT but I doubt it's Latham. He looks like Evan Neal 2.0 to me. Mims or Guyton would make more sense for a position that sees TJ Watt, Myles Garrett, and the Ravens defense twice a year each. 

Latham has been all over the map. I know I've heard him as high as like 10 and as low as like 30.