Official: Hester, Mongo, and Peppers in the HOF

CBears019

Peppers is way more a Panther than bear, but I still loved him when he was here so i included him with the Bears.

Glad Mongo got the vote before he passed away.  Hopefully he can make it to august so he can don the gold coat at least once.  Seeing him so frail and weak is so difficult, especially knowing the violent beast he was on the field.

Many people will complain about Hester getting in, especially ahead of other very worthy guys.   But, Hester is far and away the GOAT at his position.  It was a no brainer for me.  This is the one im happiest about.  I can’t believe how long it’s been since he was here, feels like just yesterday.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

Many people will complain about Hester getting in, especially ahead of other very worthy guys.   But, Hester is far and away the GOAT at his position.  It was a no brainer for me.  This is the one im happiest about.  I can’t believe how long it’s been since he was here, feels like just yesterday.

My oldest two boys are teenagers now and I have told them with Michael Jordan that to truly understand his greatness you really had to see it on a game in, game out basis. It was so much more than just the highlights (of which there were so many). You could literally feel it as a spectator when he was out there that you were watching something truly and uniquely one of a kind. 

Hester had that too. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

My oldest two boys are teenagers now and I have told them with Michael Jordan that to truly understand his greatness you really had to see it on a game in, game out basis. It was so much more than just the highlights (of which there were so many). You could literally feel it as a spectator when he was out there that you were watching something truly and uniquely one of a kind. 

Hester had that too. 

He was a main topic leading into games, especially playoff games. 

“Are you going to kick to Hester?”

17 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

He was a main topic leading into games, especially playoff games. 

“Are you going to kick to Hester?”

I remember watching an interview with another team’s punter (Chris Kluwe maybe?) at one point and him talking about how he knew the minute he mis-hit a directional punt in a game that Hester was probably going to score on it. And he did. 

Edited by AZBearsFan

Hester was robbed not being a first ballot selection…he changed football…as much as people might not want to believe special teams are that important with him back there they were…100% deserves it…

Peppers was an easy selection IMO…just an insane athlete who when you look at his production and some of the plays he made it is insane to say he maybe never reached his full potential from game to game by taking some plays off here and there…that’s how dominant he was…

Mongo was before my time but it is great to see him getting this honour with all that he is going through…hopefully gives him a bit more strength to get to Canton.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

another guy who changed football today with how he attacked the ball.

only when people at every level of football refer to him every single time a player pulls off a play that he himself perfected

...wait

• Like 1

On 2/9/2024 at 2:11 PM, Madmike90 said:

Watch the video of Hester...

Add another string to the incredibly underrated bow of Peanut Tillman

That man should also be in the HoF...again another guy who changed football today with how he attacked the ball.

Love Tillman and I hate how u derrated he was. Nearly 1000 tackles (4th most of all CBs), 44 FF (6th most in NFL history), and the only guy to ever come close to the 40/40 clun (FF/INT).

Screenshot-20240210-142342-Reddit.jpg

Also those FFs weren't from blindsiding QBs, they were almost all from WRs and RBs who are actively trying to protect the ball.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SodeeWater_Cheezburger said:

The actual enshrinement won't be until August.  I haven't heard how advanced Mongo's case of ALS is at this point, but it would sure be nice if he would be able to make his acceptance speech in person.  Prayers for him on that.

He looks pretty bad, i don’t know if he’s even speaking anymore.  Does someone give a speech in his place?  Not sure what they do in these circumstances.

• Like 1