Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 27 - Taco Bowl XXVII Posted)

6 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

Wow

Hide contents

Q4 4:27, 3rd & 5 on the RJ 44: Patrick Mahomes holds on to the ball too long and gets sacked by Denico Autry for a loss of 6 yards. Fumble on the play, recovered by Patrick Mahomes, who runs for 15 yards.

I swear, the amount of shenanigans in that game...

I think we need to just skip to the draft.

Spoiler

RNGesus has selected Ruskie this year, guys. It's over. The FLUCK continues, plus a blocked FG, plus an 84-yard KR TD. Incredible scenes.

• Like 1

All-Star Bowl ballots are due FRIDAY evening at around 7PM. It will be extended briefly if you are actually on that evening and PM me saying you are about to get them in.

• Like 1

Spoiler

Q1 6:19, 2nd & 9 on the RJ 38: Patrick Mahomes has no time due to Jawaan Taylor missing a block, and gets sacked by Shaquil Barrett for a loss of 5 yards.

Q3 0:31, 1st & 10 on the REY 34: Patrick Mahomes has no time due to Jawaan Taylor missing a block, and gets sacked by Za'Darius Smith for a loss of 6 yards.

Mahomes in the pocket with Jawaan Taylor at OT:

GIF running away nathan young reactions - animated GIF on GIFER - by  Balladorana

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, LAOJoe said:
  Hide contents

Phoenix got an onside kick and a TD after a TD. If they hadn't scored so quickly they probably try another one, get it and win. @TheKillerNacho I think we honestly need to slightly lower onside kick success rates lol.

onside kick rates definitely have fallen over the last several NFL seasons from what they were and what the simulator is based on. buuut considering it also lacks timeouts which stretch the 4th quarter, I'm kinda okay with them where they're at. if they were the virtual impossibility that they are today, Id definitely have to extend team's "panic logic" beyond the scope of what normal NFL teams might do (or spend the time to finally impelemnt timeouts 😂)

Although i did just lower it a tad before this season... it should average out to about 1 in 4 recovery rate... which isn't too far off from surprise onside kicks, at least!

• Like 2

Just now, TheKillerNacho said:

onside kick rates definitely have fallen over the last several NFL seasons from what they were and what the simulator is based on. buuut considering it also lacks timeouts which stretch the 4th quarter, I'm kinda okay with them where they're at. if they were the virtual impossibility that they are today, Id definitely have to extend team's "panic logic" beyond the scope of what normal NFL teams might do (or spend the time to finally impelemnt timeouts 😂)

Eww. That sounds miserable.

• Like 1

Just now, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Eww. That sounds miserable.

there's so many little intricacies that would require thought to emulate, too... a lot of the time, timeouts are burned due to communication issues or sometimes because the coach doesn't like the formation of the other team for the called play (the majority of the time, at least a couple timeout has been called before the final minutes of a half). I'd need to try to simulate this (I had a thought to tie it into a new Coach attribute) or teams would always have their timeouts at the end of the half which would itself also be unrealistic.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Malfatron said:

Wow

Reveal hidden contents

Q4 4:27, 3rd & 5 on the RJ 44: Patrick Mahomes holds on to the ball too long and gets sacked by Denico Autry for a loss of 6 yards. Fumble on the play, recovered by Patrick Mahomes, who runs for 15 yards.

8q7smk.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

I swear, the amount of shenanigans in that game...

I think we need to just skip to the draft.

Hide contents

RNGesus has selected Ruskie this year, guys. It's over. The FLUCK continues, plus a blocked FG, plus an 84-yard KR TD. Incredible scenes.

Agreed, but to clarify, the special teams plays went both ways - we had our attempt blocked.

Spoiler

Josh Allen has had Mahomes' number in NSFL lately, hopefully we can avenge our earlier loss and reach the championship.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LAOJoe said:

All-Star Bowl ballots are due FRIDAY evening at around 7PM. It will be extended briefly if you are actually on that evening and PM me saying you are about to get them in.

What time zone?

52 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:
  Hide contents

Q1 6:19, 2nd & 9 on the RJ 38: Patrick Mahomes has no time due to Jawaan Taylor missing a block, and gets sacked by Shaquil Barrett for a loss of 5 yards.

Q3 0:31, 1st & 10 on the REY 34: Patrick Mahomes has no time due to Jawaan Taylor missing a block, and gets sacked by Za'Darius Smith for a loss of 6 yards.

Mahomes in the pocket with Jawaan Taylor at OT:

GIF running away nathan young reactions - animated GIF on GIFER - by  Balladorana

Jawaan Taylor: 1 pancake, 2 sacks allowed, 0 stuffs allowed, 1 recovery.

tumblr_nbam09PAtE1spxz7uo1_250.gif

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

there's so many little intricacies that would require thought to emulate, too... a lot of the time, timeouts are burned due to communication issues or sometimes because the coach doesn't like the formation of the other team for the called play (the majority of the time, at least a couple timeout has been called before the final minutes of a half). I'd need to try to simulate this (I had a thought to tie it into a new Coach attribute) or teams would always have their timeouts at the end of the half which would itself also be unrealistic.

Honestly, I sort of love it the way it is. If it was between lowering the onside kick odds and implementing timeouts or leaving it as-is, I think as-is works well enough.

• Like 1