Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 27 - Conference Championships Posted)

11 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

yep, they shouldnt do that... fixed:

• trailing teams scoring a TD late in the game now check to see if a 2-pt conversion will put them at their opponent's score - 8 instead of their opponent's score + 8 (oops).

I was contemplating this further... currently, there's also a check for potential 2 point conversions if it would put them at their opponent's score - 7 (this was always working). Failure for this scenario however leaves that team down by two possessions (while a normal PAT obviously at least puts them within 8 points).

Is there any value to this check? My initial thought would be to retain the check in the 3rd (depending on aggression) & early 4th quarter while disabling it when its in the 4th quarter "should 2PA to get within 8" zone I just recently fixed

Thoughts?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I was contemplating this further... currently, there's also a check for potential 2 point conversions if it would put them at their opponent's score - 7 (this was always working). Failure for this scenario however leaves that team down by two possessions (while a normal PAT obviously at least puts them within 8 points).

Is there any value to this check? My initial thought would be to retain the check on checks in the 3rd & early 4th quarter while disabling it when its in the 4th quarter "should 2PA to get within 8" zone I just recently fixed

Thoughts?

I, personally, always want to make it a 1 score game, but some might disagree.

6 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Is there any value to this check? My initial thought would be to retain the check in the 3rd (depending on aggression) & early 4th quarter while disabling it when its in the 4th quarter "should 2PA to get within 8" zone I just recently fixed

Thoughts?

Im thinking err on the side of aggressiveness

Also imo crank up the going for 4th and short in opps terriotry

1 minute ago, Malfatron said:

Im thinking err on the side of aggressiveness

Eww. If my team passes on a chance to make it a 1 score game, I'm going to fire my head coach... again.

Maybe tie it into the aggressiveness slider, if that's possibe?

1 minute ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Eww. If my team passes on a chance to make it a 1 score game, I'm going to fire my head coach... again.

aggressiveness already determines the chance of going for it outside of the normal ranges.

for example the 2PA to get within 3 check is normally active when time < 900 (the 4th quarter). however, from 1800-900 (3rd quarter) a team can also opt to do this if it passes an aggression check

• Like 1

also: coaches don't affect these chances at all when aggression values are being overridden (as they are in the nsfl). only the slider matters. (coach aggression does still matter still determining which particular attributes are boosted on players due to their coaching, however).

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

i think being down by 9 in the 3rd quarter isn't such a bad thing, and potentially being only down by 7 may be worth the risk.

mid-4th quarter and beyond, though, yeah, it's a death sentence.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

also: coaches don't affect these chances at all when aggression values are being overridden (as they are in the nsfl). only the slider matters. (coach aggression does still matter still determining which particular attributes are boosted on players due to their coaching, however).

Great info, but I still tell myself that the coach affects all of this to help with the coping. If Fisher didn't have a ring, he would've been fired after last night's game.

On 4/6/2024 at 11:53 AM, bcb1213 said:

So I did this for bdl and it was a hit so I decided to do it here as well.  I've loaded our opening day rosters into madden and I'm gonna sim through a season for fun.  I will broadcast one game for every sim week.  Most teams will have two broadcasts with a handful getting only one.  Without further adieu here are the squads.  Your teams were picked by your head coach for the vast majority.  You are getting the team playbook of your oc and DC. I took a educated schemes guess on guys not in the NFL

Note this is just for fun, no one drafted their teams with madden in mind

Here are the teams and their ranks

New Zealand - Miami  88 off, 87 Def. 87 ovr

Rejvjak. Buffalo   85 off 87 Def. 85 ovr

Anchorage- Cleveland  87 off 88 Def 87 ovr

Butte - Baltimore  87 offense, 87 defense, 87ovr

Freiburg Hou  85 off, 85 ded, 85 ovr

Cincinnati - Tennessee  87 off, 81 def, 84 ovr

Little rock. Pittsburgh 87 off, 88 Def, 87 ovr

Hanoi Denver  87 off, 88 Def, 87 ovr

Rio -  KC  88 off, 84 Def, 86 ovr

Greenland. Vegas  87 off, 83 Def 85 ovr

Tokyo. Dallas  87 off, 87 Def, 87 ovr

Indianapolis. Philadelphia  85 off, 87 Def, 85 ovr

Lancaster Green Bay  91 off, 83 Def, 87 ovr

Burlington. Detroit  87 off, 87 Def, 87 ovr

Wattsville Carolina  84 off, 83 Def, 83 ovr

Hamilton. Atlanta  93 off, 87 Def, 90 ovr

Lake. New Orleans  80 off, 83 Def, 81 ovr

Egypt. Seattle  84 off, 85 Def, 84 ovr

Scranton -  Rams 89 off, 85 Def, 87 ovr

Phoenix. SF  85 off, 84 Def, 84 ovr

The broadcast sched is

1 Hanoi vs Greenland

2. Phoenix vs Scranton

3.  Lake vs Lancaster

4.  Burlington vs Lancaster

5.  Freiburg vs Hamilton

6.  Butte vs Cincy

7.  New Zealand vs Indy

8.  Anchorage vs Egypt

9.  Little Rock vs Cincy

10. Rejvjak vs Hanoi

11.  Wattsville vs Tokyo

12.  Rio vs Greenland

13 Burlington vs Lake

14.  Scranton vs Butte

15.   Wattsville vs Hamilton

16.  Anchorage vs Freiburg

17.  Little Rock vs Egypt

18.  New Zealand vs Rejvjak

Perfect day to have week 1, just saying!

1 minute ago, Malfatron said:

Perfect day to have week 1, just saying!

I generally like to give a better heads up

@Pickle Rick
@ravens5520

Your game will will be tommorow night.  I'll put the link and time in the forum when I get a better idea how tommorow night is shaping up but it'll be approx 8 eastern

• Like 5

• TheKillerNacho changed the title to Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 27 - Conference Championships Posted)