2024 49ers offseason

49erurtaza

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

If they are going to give me crazy, I want shanny to name himself DC

I mean he was essentially the DC towards the end of the season anyways when he started to interject himself into the game plans and started to overrule Wilks on certain calls lol. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean he was essentially the DC towards the end of the season anyways when he started to interject himself into the game plans and started to overrule Wilks on certain calls lol. 

When they changed the game plan the morning of the TNF game against the Seahawks to have Ward travel with Metcalf, that's when it became official that this relationship was not going to work...It was not even the three game losing streak or even the zero blitz call against the Vikings before halftime (though that was a part of it). It was when Kyle and Lynch talked amongst themselves and asked why Ward was not travelling with Metcalf and made Wilks change the game plan. First of all, the game was on a short week and Kyle would have known the game plan beforehand but he still chose to tell Wilks to change it on the day of the game after talking to Lynch? Yeah, I'm sorry, but that just showed a lack of trust and respect in Wilks. 

Sorry situation for Wilks though for sure. Hard for a proven coach to have to adjust his style for Kyle and there still be disputes. Should not have been hired in the first place. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Coach Kyle Shanahan has completed two official interviews for the 49ers’ defensive coordinator position and “should finish it all up this week.” Details to be posted shortly.

-Matt Maiocco

The three guys I suspected last week and may others suspected. 

The 49ers are likely to interview at least two other coaches from outside the building later in the week. Shanahan did not reveal which other outside candidates are being considered for the position.

Let the speculation begin!!! 

Edited by J-ALL-DAY
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

The three guys I suspected last week and may others suspected. 

Let the speculation begin!!! 

Pass on Staley. As Ben Solak said, he completely cracked under the pressure as HC of the chargers and being DC for shanny is more pressure than being the HC of the chargers lol

• Like 2

One thing I will say is that this shows that Kyle really got the hell away from the building and needed a break. He has not even interviewed Bullocks yet and you can tell this loss really hurt him, probably worst than any other loss. I don't blame the man, he's been through some brutal losses since 2019 lol.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

One thing I will say is that this shows that Kyle really got the hell away from the building and needed a break. He has not even interviewed Bullocks yet and you can tell this loss really hurt him, probably worst than any other loss. I don't blame the man, he's been through some brutal losses since 2019 lol.

We'll probably compete with this core for 2024 & 2025, maybe retool in the 2026 season & get back to competing in 2027. Shanny is only 44, Lynch is 52 & there's no reason they shouldn't be here for another decade.

Regardless, you never know what'll happen (who saw the 2020 disaster coming) and to date 2023 was our best chance at a SB win. And after the dust settles, it may be our best chance in Shanny & Lynch's entire tenure.

Edited by 49ersfan

If we hire Staley, there are going to be some interesting personnel moves that need to be made. He's a Fangio disciple for the most part. 

That's going to mean that we need a natural 0 on the defensive front as I can't imagine that they are going to go Hargrave or AA there,  and probably an upgrade on the linebacker grouping. Having Bosa stand up is questionable enough...but they are going to need an edge who can drop coverage on the other side for sure. I don't know that we have that on the roster currently. 

• Like 1