2024 Offseason Tracker

General Tso

3 minutes ago, Just Want A Title said:

I don't see Kerby Joseph as a starting safety based on his inconsistent play last year.

If our options are roll with Kerby or spend 17m per year to upgrade I'm rolling with Kerby and just draft some competition

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

If our options are roll with Kerby or spend 17m per year to upgrade I'm rolling with Kerby and just draft some competition

1.  Kamren Curl or Gerald Fuller won't cost quite as much.  Heck, Justin Simmons might be available at a decent price

2.  This isn't a great draft class for safeties.

18 minutes ago, Just Want A Title said:

I don't see Kerby Joseph as a starting safety based on his inconsistent play last year.

Thank God we don’t make roster moves based on fan reactions after a sophomore season. 

• Like 1

DTs DJ Reader, Sheldon Rankins and Jacob Kinlaw are still available. Danielle Hunter is still out there. As well as CBs, available as FA and in trades. Still a lot left to be settled. Only Wilkins has signed that I wanted so far. 

9 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

Thank God we don’t make roster moves based on fan reactions after a sophomore season. 

You are right about that.  They make decisions based on what a player puts on film.  What Kerby Joseph showed after his return from Injury:

1.  Bad tackling and at times making it obvious he didn't have much interest in tackling

2.  Too much guess work and not enough of actually being able read what was in front of him

3.  He seemed like the same player he was as a rookie and didn't make much of 2nd year jump

Example:  2022 missed tackle rate 7.9%.  2023 Missed tackle rate-13.7%

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/J/JoseKe03.htm

Edited by Just Want A Title

12 minutes ago, Just Want A Title said:

You are right about that.  They make decisions based on what a player puts on film.  What Kerby Joseph showed after his return from Injury:

1.  Bad tackling and at times making it obvious he didn't have much interest in tackling

2.  Too much guess work and not enough of actually being able read what was in front of him

3.  He seemed like the same player he was as a rookie and didn't make much of 2nd year jump

Example:  2022 missed tackle rate 7.9%.  2023 Missed tackle rate-13.7%

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/J/JoseKe03.htm

Lets compare him to Xavier McKinney.  Xavier McKinney's missed tackle rate:

2020:  3.8%, 1 INT, 25 tackles

2021:  9.7%, 5 INT, 93 tackles

2022: 4.3%, 0 INT, 45 tackles

2023: 6.5%, 3 INT, 115 tackles

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/McKiXa00.htm

Edited by Just Want A Title

2 minutes ago, General Tso said:

Yea, Kerby needs some competition. He might be cheap and young, but don't just settle for "ok". And I wouldn't have signed McKinney. 

There has to be something in the middle.

I am hoping for Justin Simmons, Gerald Fuller or Kamren Curl.  Preference for Simmons or Fuller but Curl is still a very good safety.