2024 Offseason Tracker

General Tso

1 hour ago, detfan782004 said:

Kinda gross honestly given his injuries 

If you consider him to be in the Okwara role it's not a big deal. He's being viewed more as Edge 3 or 4. Davenport is not the full answer to our need opposite of Hutch

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

If you consider him to be in the Okwara role it's not a big deal. He's being viewed more as Edge 3 or 4. Davenport is not the full answer to our need opposite of Hutch

Seems a bit steep for 3 or 4

48 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

Javon Kinlaw to the Jets on a 1 year deal. Sounds like we are in play for DJ Reader, but Kinlaw was on my wish list. 

Reader is better anyway... Albeit also likely more expensive.

9 hours ago, detfan782004 said:

Seems a bit steep for 3 or 4

It's a touch more than what they paid Romeo in 2022. 

This is how I see the Lions attacking the edge group

1. Hutchinson
  2. TBD
  3. Davenport

We potentially could look to upgrade the DE spot over what Cominsky and/or Paschal offer. We're also in the mix for DJ Reader which would be a big upgrade for us in the middle. 

1 minute ago, Karnage84 said:

It's a touch more than what they paid Romeo in 2022. 

This is how I see the Lions attacking the edge group

1. Hutchinson
  2. TBD
  3. Davenport

We potentially could look to upgrade the DE spot over what Cominsky and/or Paschal offer. We're also in the mix for DJ Reader which would be a big upgrade for us in the middle. 

I think Reader is the piece the Lions are working most on. I think once Reader is decided (one way or the other), we’ll see other depth signings take place. 

Not really liking this kind of conservative approach so far, to be honest. I don't think that you can plan out more than 2-3 years at a time in the NFL. It's time to push the chips in and go for it. We were one game away from the Super Bowl. We're contenders. Make a splash. 

23 minutes ago, Lions017 said:

Not really liking this kind of conservative approach so far, to be honest. I don't think that you can plan out more than 2-3 years at a time in the NFL. It's time to push the chips in and go for it. We were one game away from the Super Bowl. We're contenders. Make a splash. 

What’s the splash available that you believe puts us over the edge? 

1 hour ago, Louis Friend said:

I think Reader is the piece the Lions are working most on. I think once Reader is decided (one way or the other), we’ll see other depth signings take place. 

Same here. This is the move that I do think we're going to get done and people will breathe a sigh of relief.

It's not the Sneed deal. It's not Kinlaw. It's not going to be Hunter (I don't believe he's coming to Detroit and/or that we'd pay him what he would want). 

Eh I actually wonder if most of our FA shopping is done at this point.

Because the draft can supplement the rest of our needs like a young Edge, CB and a starting Guard.

We'll probably wait till next week to sign some depth like resigning Reynolds, a G, and a Safety.

13 hours ago, detfan782004 said:

Teams do that all the time losing value a year later. It's not uncommon. 

They had an offer for two 1st round picks for Brian Burns last year.  They traded him for a 2nd and 5th round pick.  That goes way beyond losing value.  This isn't a Matthew Stafford situation where they were doing him a solid by trading him to a Super Bowl contender.  They are a hot mess right now.

If Carolina received a 2nd and 5th round picks for Brian Burns, do you think that lowers that potential asking price for L'Jarius Sneed?  If that is the compensation for a two-time pro-bowler who is younger than L'Jarius Sneed, it might make it harder to ask for more than than in a trade.  Granted, they play different positions but EDGE and CB have similar value.

Edited by Just Want A Title

13 minutes ago, Just Want A Title said:

If Carolina received a 2nd and 5th round picks for Brian Burns, do you think that lowers that potential asking price for L'Jarius Sneed?  If that is the compensation for a two-time pro-bowler who is younger than L'Jarius Sneed, it might make it harder to ask for more than than in a trade.  Granted, they play different positions but EDGE and CB have similar value.

The 2nd and 5th are in line with what I have heard would be fair value for Sneed. Albeit, our 2nd is pretty low and might not be enough.