2024 Offseason Tracker

General Tso

3 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

The problem is we have to pay him.  And giving a big deal to him as well as ARSB next year is crazy IMO.  Having $50+ Mil tied up in two WRs seems like a bad use of resources.  Not to mention the draft capital required to get him.  

I am just saying it would be a splash 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Millenhater said:

I might be wrong on this so correct me if I am, but don't both those players play primarily the slot?  I feel like we have star(ter) and depth there.  We need an X to replace Reynolds if we upgrade.

Boyd is in the slot more than Samuel.  Boyd spent 85% in the slot and 15% wide.  Samuel was 55% slot and 45% wide.  Reynolds was 35% slot and 65% wide.  Samuel has had years where he was 70% wide though and with Jamo stepping up I think having more versatile guys is better.  

1 hour ago, Sllim Pickens said:

That very well could be it.  I don't see anyone other than Jonah getting a big contract from our free agent group.  Reynolds might get something decent but it seems dumb to risk a season on the potential of gaining a 4th/5th round pick next year.  

Maybe CJGJ will get a contract that offsets Davenport.

Which reminds me that Arik Armstead got cut and is free to sign without giving up a pick.

28 minutes ago, Just Want A Title said:

You have to appreciate the fact that the Lions are giving out reasonable contracts and not over-paying.

Yes...and no. You don't want to cripple the franchise, but sometimes an overpay is worth it because that's the only way you can get those types of players. 

The cap also goes up constantly anyway. Today's super deal is tomorrow's 12th highest-paid guy at the position. 

5 minutes ago, General Tso said:

Maybe CJGJ will get a contract that offsets Davenport.

Which reminds me that Arik Armstead got cut and is free to sign without giving up a pick.

And he doesn't count against the comp formula because he was released.

1 minute ago, Miblue said:

Tyler Boyd is as good or better than 2016 Marvin jones. I wouldn’t be mad if they signed him. We tend to do pretty well with ex bengal recievers

That might be true.  However, it is time to figure out how good Jameson Williams can be.  He was a lot more of a raw prospect coming out than most people expected (including me).  However, he has been working like crazy to get better at just about every aspect of his game.  He needs to do a better job with tracking the ball on back shoulder throws but other than that, he has fixed every issue that needed to be addressed.  Ben Johnson and Jared Goff need to get better at unlocking his talent.

So at CB we now have

Carlton Davis, Cam Sutton, Emanuel Moseley, Amik Robertson, (James Craig, Stephen Gilmore)

We might draft 1 but that about does it for spending money at the position. Sad we didn't get Fuller.

1 minute ago, nagahide13 said:

So at CB we now have

Carlton Davis, Cam Sutton, Emanuel Moseley, Amik Robertson, (James Craig, Stephen Gilmore)

We might draft 1 but that about does it for spending money at the position. Sad we didn't get Fuller.

I think Fuller was a combination of too expensive and also is primarily zone and we're switching back to mostly man as evidenced by getting someone like Davis.