2024 Offseason Tracker

General Tso

30 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

DJ Reader reportedly visiting the Lions. I think a deal will be signed. 

Sign Reader, sign a G and WR (and whatever deal they can find), then go into the draft with the intent of taking talent. 

That would be a huge signing. 

How would you guys feel about this trade:

The Lions trade pick #29 to Bengals for Tee Higgins and pick #80

According to the trade value chart, it's the equivalent of pick #45 (a high 2nd). 

With the FA additions that we've already made, the Lions don't have glaring holes (we do have room for upgrades). I am assuming that DJ Reader will sign with us. 

There are some big extensions coming down the pipes but there are teams that have paid two WR's big money, a QB with a big contract and a couple of big defensive player contracts. The Chargers are the perfect example of this. 

We'd still have 7 picks: 61, 80 (CIN), 92, 164, 201, 205, 249

28 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

According to the trade value chart, it's the equivalent of pick #45 (a high 2nd). 

With the FA additions that we've already made, the Lions don't have glaring holes (we do have room for upgrades). I am assuming that DJ Reader will sign with us. 

There are some big extensions coming down the pipes but there are teams that have paid two WR's big money, a QB with a big contract and a couple of big defensive player contracts. The Chargers are the perfect example of this. 

Nah. I’m not trading a 1st (even a late one) for a WR that still wants a large contract when we need to re-sign guys like Goff, ARSB, Penei and have major long term needs on defense. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Karnage84 said:

Given the depth of the WR class this year, I would rather keep the draft pick.  With ARSB, Sam LaPorta, Jameson Williams and Jahmyr Gibbs all slated to play big parts in the passing game, I don't think we need another WR1/WR1A.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I was going to post this same thing.  He seems like a super cheap similar type to Reynolds with some upside. 

Renfroe would play a very different role than Josh Reynolds simply because he is 5'10"/185 Lbs and Josh Reynolds is 6'3"/194 Lbs.  Their playing styles are very different.

50 minutes ago, Just Want A Title said:

Renfroe would play a very different role than Josh Reynolds simply because he is 5'10"/185 Lbs and Josh Reynolds is 6'3"/194 Lbs.  Their playing styles are very different.

Its not really about size as it is roll.  Renfrow had his best seasons when he was closer to a 50/50 split wide and in the slot.  He is a possession receiver, not a downfield threat, which is also what Reynolds was. Renfrow would also provide better depth behind ARSB for his roll but could easily step into the routes that Reynolds runs.  And for super cheap most likely. 

4 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Its not really about size as it is roll.  Renfrow had his best seasons when he was closer to a 50/50 split wide and in the slot.  He is a possession receiver, not a downfield threat, which is also what Reynolds was. Renfrow would also provide better depth behind ARSB for his roll but could easily step into the routes that Reynolds runs.  And for super cheap most likely. 

Yea I understood what you meant...talking more situational than physical role

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I will say this for Hunter Renfroe:  He is arguably one of the most fun WRs to watch in the NFL.  Once the whistle blows he is putting one move after another until he gets open or the play is dead.  That is something you can't really teach.  It also makes him pretty effective in the RZ despite his size limitations.