2024 Offseason Tracker

General Tso

48 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Just saw we have matched the offer for him.  Staying in Detroit.  

I didn't think there was much of a chance they wouldn't. He's such a fit here and the contract is very reasonable. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Just saw we have matched the offer for him.  Staying in Detroit.  

Smart move.  He isn't flashy but he is very consistent and reliable.  I hope they give him some additional reps so that Sam LaPorta can be more rested over the course of the season.

Edited by Just Want A Title
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Just Want A Title said:

Smart move.  He isn't flashy but he is very consistent and reliable.  I hope they give him some additional reps so that Sam LaPorta can be more rested over the course of the season.

I'd like to see us upgrade James Mitchell and give LaPorta a proper running mate

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Karnage84 said:

I'd like to see us upgrade James Mitchell and give LaPorta a proper running mate

I don't know about running mate but adding Tip Reiman would create a true thunder and lightning combination at TE.  A 6.5" 271 Lbs TE to go along with Brock Wright and Sam La Porta would let us manhandle just about any D-Line in the running game.  If the Lions started executing more 2-TE or even 3-TE sets while showing the ability to run or pass from the exact same multiple-sets it would give opposing defenses even bigger headaches than they already have.

30 minutes ago, Just Want A Title said:

Excuse me!? 🤣

6 minutes ago, Just Want A Title said:

Sam LaPorta had a great rookie season but having a more diverse passing attack that lets him get more rest might make him an even more impactful player.

It also makes it harder to plan for defences. Wright hasn’t had many looks in the passing game. A few more opportunities might just cause some confusion.

Edited by diehardlionfan
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, diehardlionfan said:

It also makes it harder to plan for defences. Wright hasn’t had many looks in the passing game. A few more opportunities might just cause some confusion.

Personally, I envision a late season game in Chicago or Green Bay with temperatures in the low-40s with Tip Reiman catching passes in space and watching LBs and DBs try to deal with that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Just Want A Title said:

Personally, I envision a late season game in Chicago or Green Bay with temperatures in the low-40s with Tip Reiman catching passes in space and watching LBs and DBs try to deal with that.

Reiman would be a good addition. Where do you think he’ll be drafted? 

1 hour ago, diehardlionfan said:

Reiman would be a good addition. Where do you think he’ll be drafted? 

He is mostly projected as an inline blocking TE.  The crazy thing is he had some really good combine numbers so there might be more to potential for him to develop.  He also has the frame to get bigger if necessary.  I think whoever drafts him needs a plan when they draft him rather then just do the "draft and figure it out" process.  

A lot of the media outlets have him pegged for the mid-5th round or later.  The only other TE I can think of who compares with him is Mark Andrews.  Mark Andrews was know as a WR playing TE coming out of college.  However, all of Tip Reiman's combine numbers are better then Mark Andrews combine numbers.  He isn't nearly as polished in the passing game but he is a mismatch for just about anyone trying to cover him.  That said, I think he could develop into a passing threat on the right team (not the Miami Dolphins).  A team that values TEs might take him as high as the 4th if they had a specific role in mind.  I could see Jim Harbaugh taking an interest in him.  My best guess is the early 5th round though.  I could definitely see the Ravens taking him.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/mark-andrews/3200414e-4470-1433-75dd-307507e53173

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/tip-reiman/32005245-4957-7302-3782-d7697a4f655d

22 minutes ago, Just Want A Title said:

He is mostly projected as an inline blocking TE.  The crazy thing is he had some really good combine numbers so there might be more to potential for him to develop.  He also has the frame to get bigger if necessary.  I think whoever drafts him needs a plan when they draft him rather then just do the "draft and figure it out" process.  

A lot of the media outlets have him pegged for the mid-5th round or later.  The only other TE I can think of who compares with him is Mark Andrews.  Mark Andrews was know as a WR playing TE coming out of college.  However, all of Tip Reiman's combine numbers are better then Mark Andrews combine numbers.  He isn't nearly as polished in the passing game but he is a mismatch for just about anyone trying to cover him.  That said, I think he could develop into a passing threat on the right team (not the Miami Dolphins).  A team that values TEs might take him as high as the 4th if they had a specific role in mind.  I could see Jim Harbaugh taking an interest in him.  My best guess is the early 5th round though.  I could definitely see the Ravens taking him.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/mark-andrews/3200414e-4470-1433-75dd-307507e53173

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/tip-reiman/32005245-4957-7302-3782-d7697a4f655d

Mock Draftable compares him to the following guys:

• CJ Fiedorowicz
  • Tucker Kraft
  • Jeff Heuerman
  • Jason Witten
  • Luke Stocker
  • Steve Heiden
  • Rob Gronkowski

Andrews had 958 yards and 8 TD's in his final year at Oklahoma. Reiman has 203 yards and 3 TD's. 

Our current TE coach, Steve Heiden, is probably a closer comparison for what to expect out of a guy like Reiman. Getting Kraft level production would be an absolute steal.  

1 hour ago, Karnage84 said:

Mock Draftable compares him to the following guys:

• CJ Fiedorowicz
  • Tucker Kraft
  • Jeff Heuerman
  • Jason Witten
  • Luke Stocker
  • Steve Heiden
  • Rob Gronkowski

Andrews had 958 yards and 8 TD's in his final year at Oklahoma. Reiman has 203 yards and 3 TD's. 

Our current TE coach, Steve Heiden, is probably a closer comparison for what to expect out of a guy like Reiman. Getting Kraft level production would be an absolute steal.  

If you look at Mark Andrews entire college career, he only had one big season.  Yes, he had 62 catches and 958 yards in his Junior year.  However, he had 19 receptions as a freshman and 31 as a sophomore.  He can carve out a role as a blocking TE but his athletic profile along with going to the right team could allow him to become something much more.  It wouldn't happen on every team.  The Chargers, Ravens, Lions, Patriots, and Bengals are some of the teams that might be a good fit.

Your Tucker Kraft comparison is interesting.  His combine numbers are close to Tucker Kraft's numbers but slightly better despite checking in at 271 Lbs.  If a team runs the right scheme and has a plan for him, I could see him making a much bigger impact in the passing game than a lot of folks expect.  Especially in the RZ.  After thinking it through, the the lat third and 4th round, for the right team, is a good landing spot for him.

6 minutes ago, Just Want A Title said:

Yes, he had 62 catches and 958 yards in his Junior year.

Andrews had 318 yards and 7 TD's in 2015 and 489 yards with 7 TD's in 2016. 

Kraft had a big year in 2021 with 65 receptions, 773 yards and 6 TDs. 

Reiman's entire career is 41 receptions, 420 yards and 5 TDs. 

The past doesn't dictate the future but Reiman just doesn't have the experience and is going to need time to develop. I kind of see him as more of a Darnell Washington type.