2024 Offseason Tracker

General Tso

6 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

DPJ has very similar numbers to what Reynolds had when he arrived here.  He has a better single season by nearly 15 catches and a couple hundred yards compared to Reynolds before coming here.  So while I agree that we could use a WR, it is not a dire need and we aren't really any worse off than last year, actually likely better as Jamo will have more time to grow. 

And I strongly disagree with Jamo not being ready to be a #2.  His first few games back sure, but he was solid down the stretch and made plenty of big plays.  He has earned an increase in usage which would be as a #2.  

Jamo showed a lot of growth down the stretch last year.  I saw a news conference with Dan Campbell where he said that the expectation was that Jamo would step into the #2WR role.  

• Like 1

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2024/04/11/detroit-lions-new-uniforms-rod-wood-detroit-economic-club/73289998007/

New Lions uniforms will be 'one of the great uniforms' in NFL
The reveal date for the new Lions uniforms is a week away and Wood remained tight-lipped on giving any details to the crowd before the April 18 reveal.

The Lions made the decision to update the jerseys "a few years ago" after passing the five-year period of not changing uniforms required by the NFL following the latest update in 2017.

"We've worked on this for two years with the league office, with Nike who designs the jerseys led by Brian Facchini, our chief communications officer, and (chief operating officer) Mike Disner and members of their team."

Wood said it will not stray far from the classic Lions' look with a "modern twist."

"I think our goal was to honor the past — we have great colors, we have great history — but also put a modern twist on it," Wood said. "So I think when you see them, you'll see both of those things. And you'll see, hopefully, uniforms that propel us for at least the next five years to be one of the great uniforms in the NFL. And we're never going to change them dramatically, but there's always an opportunity to modernize them and I think people will see that."

"They’re honoring our traditional color with a little updating and twist. And it gives us a lot more options, too,” Wood added about the new uniforms. “We’re going to introduce a couple different pant options that can go with jerseys, so it will give us different options to wear during the season.

https://sidelionreport.com/posts/lions-president-rod-wood-stretches-into-hyperbole-talking-about-new-uniforms

• Like 1

Just now, Karnage84 said:

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2024/04/11/detroit-lions-new-uniforms-rod-wood-detroit-economic-club/73289998007/

New Lions uniforms will be 'one of the great uniforms' in NFL
The reveal date for the new Lions uniforms is a week away and Wood remained tight-lipped on giving any details to the crowd before the April 18 reveal.

The Lions made the decision to update the jerseys "a few years ago" after passing the five-year period of not changing uniforms required by the NFL following the latest update in 2017.

"We've worked on this for two years with the league office, with Nike who designs the jerseys led by Brian Facchini, our chief communications officer, and (chief operating officer) Mike Disner and members of their team."

Wood said it will not stray far from the classic Lions' look with a "modern twist."

"I think our goal was to honor the past — we have great colors, we have great history — but also put a modern twist on it," Wood said. "So I think when you see them, you'll see both of those things. And you'll see, hopefully, uniforms that propel us for at least the next five years to be one of the great uniforms in the NFL. And we're never going to change them dramatically, but there's always an opportunity to modernize them and I think people will see that."

https://sidelionreport.com/posts/lions-president-rod-wood-stretches-into-hyperbole-talking-about-new-uniforms

The NFL has announced a third helmet rule for all teams in 2025 and teams who are changing their uniforms for this year (Detroit, Denver, Houston, New York Jets are all eligible). 

This is subject to a couple rules

1) Alternate colour helmets may only be worn with one of the club's authorized optional uniforms (Classic, Alternate and/or Color Rush)

2) If alternate helmet is paired with a Classic uniform, the helmet colours and designs must be historically compatible

3) Each alternate color helmet must be tied to a specific optional uniform and cannot be mixed/matched with primary uniforms or mixed/matched with another optional uniform

What I can infer from this is:

• Primary - Home (Honolulu Blue or a variation of this blue) with silver shells (barring dramatic change)
  • Primary - Away (White) with silver shells (barring dramatic change)
  • Classic - Thanksgiving with silver shells (barring dramatic change)
  • Color Rush - TBD with blue alternate helmet*

We just debuted the blue alternate helmet last year. Rod Wood has indicated that this is returning with a tweak (probably losing the logo, maybe changing the facemask to a chrome). 

The Bengals were allowed to wear their white Color Rush alternate helmet with their white away jerseys as they were designated both their 'Away' AND 'Color Rush' (the all white and black color rush did not make an appearance in 2023). 

If the Lions wanted to introduce black back into the mix, then we could have a black Color Rush paired with the blue alternate helmet. I don't see a situation where they get rid of the Thanksgiving Throwbacks. This doesn't leave a lot of room for a third helmet for Detroit.

MAYBE you can have two helmets tied to a single set (so if they did a black alternate arguably could have a black helmet to pair with the blue alternate). 

2 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

I'm not so sure this teams "tradition" is something I really want to honor to be honest.

They're going to have "0-16" inscribed on the inside of the collar and a patch with"2008 Pre-Season Champions"

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Karnage84 said:

They're going to have "0-16" inscribed on the inside of the collar and a patch with"2008 Pre-Season Champions"

This is that negativity that Jared Goff has been going on about lol 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Just Want A Title said:

Jared Goff isn't wrong about that.  We see that in this forum also.

He's off base honestly. You are finally looking like a decent team and clamoring for respect. I read that and was like goodness I lost a lot of respect for him. Earn it. Last season was a good start but sustained success will earn it 

9 hours ago, detfan782004 said:

He's off base honestly. You are finally looking like a decent team and clamoring for respect. I read that and was like goodness I lost a lot of respect for him. Earn it. Last season was a good start but sustained success will earn it 

How will Goff ever sleep knowing detfan has lost respect for him? Hopefully he can find some sort of solace with his super model wife/fiancé, hundreds of millions of dollars earned, exceptional houses, and being one of the most popular people in Detroit. 

I'm hoping Goff makes it though these trying times stronger than ever.  

• Like 3

10 hours ago, detfan782004 said:

On the other hand, Jared Goff has lead this team from the cellar to the NFC championship and put up top 6-8 QB numbers.  It isn't hard to argue that he has done enough to earn the respect of fans and press at this point.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Just Want A Title said:

On the other hand, Jared Goff has lead this team from the cellar to the NFC championship and put up top 6-8 QB numbers.  It isn't hard to argue that he has done enough to earn the respect of fans and press at this point.

Guess it depends on how you define success. Per definition I guess if that was his ultimate goal they were successful. Most people's goal is to win championship. If he wants respect for participation trophy fine. 

10 minutes ago, detfan782004 said:

Guess it depends on how you define success. Per definition I guess if that was his ultimate goal they were successful. Most people's goal is to win championship. If he wants respect for participation trophy fine. 

By that standard, there are several decades worth of Lions players (Calvin Johnson, Barry Sanders, Chris Spielman, Doug English, Bubba Baker, ect) who apparently aren't worthy of respect.  Not sure that makes a lot of sense.  

Edited by Just Want A Title
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Just Want A Title said:

By that standard, there are several decades worth of Lions players (Calvin Johnson, Barry Sanders, Chris Spielman, Doug English, Bubba Baker, ect) who apparently aren't worthy of respect.  Not sure that makes a lot of sense.  

I didn't say I don't respect those guys. They weren't out there chirping for respect. Barry was one of most humble players of all time.

Its about him basically whining about it that is sick honestly.

Win the trophy and then he might have a point