2024 Offseason Tracker

General Tso

51 minutes ago, detfan782004 said:

I didn't say I don't respect those guys. They weren't out there chirping for respect. Barry was one of most humble players of all time.

Its about him basically whining about it that is sick honestly.

Win the trophy and then he might have a point 

He was asked a question, and he answered honestly. What a jerk to make detfan so sick.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, detfan782004 said:

I didn't say I don't respect those guys. They weren't out there chirping for respect. Barry was one of most humble players of all time.

I mean, the response he gave wasn't whining about respect.  He was clarifying his response to the question he was asked before the NFC championship game about the talent gap between the 49ers and the Lions where he responded with the accolades of our players like ARSB, Sewell, and Laporta.  He wasn't wrong in saying the Lions have really talented guys too, even if the media and Madden don't perceive them that way.  Sewell was graded the best OT in the league last year and was better than Trent Williams, so why does he not get respect.  ARSB has had three straight better years than Deebo or Ayuik so why is he not getting respect?  Laporta has only played 1 year but set every rookie TE record and was the most productive TE in the league as a rookie.  Sure the youth of the team doesn't have a ton of years to hang their hats on but they have produced every year they were in the league.  And having local media ask that question furthers the narrative that we are the same old lions with no talent that lucked our way into the NFC championship game.  He wasn't whining about respect, he correctly called out an ignorant statement. 

And yeah, you don't need to win a trophy to get respect.  Being a team at the top of the standings and one that has improved every year while Goff put up good numbers is enough to earn respect in a league when it is hard to make the playoffs in back to back years.  Josh Allen, Burrow and Herbert all have respect and haven't won anything.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, detfan782004 said:

I don't think you have the full context of the interview.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, detfan782004 said:

I actually do. Doesn't change my view on it 

Just to confirm then, you don't think any team in the league deserves media respect other than KC with Mahomes and the Rams with Stafford?  Because they are the only QBs that have won a Super Bowl on their current team.  

And then the only QBs that have any respect in the league aside from those 2 would be Russell Wilson and Aaron Rodgers and Flacco? Because they are the only other active QBs to win a Super Bowl still playing in the league.  

Your argument is ridiculous and unsupported.  You are holding your own player to a ridiculous standard that the rest of the league is not held to which is sort of what Goff is saying about the Detroit media.  So maybe you feel attacked, and thats why you are angry at him for it, but he isn't wrong.  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Just to confirm then, you don't think any team in the league deserves media respect other than KC with Mahomes and the Rams with Stafford?  Because they are the only QBs that have won a Super Bowl on their current team.  

And then the only QBs that have any respect in the league aside from those 2 would be Russell Wilson and Aaron Rodgers and Flacco? Because they are the only other active QBs to win a Super Bowl still playing in the league.  

Your argument is ridiculous and unsupported.  You are holding your own player to a ridiculous standard that the rest of the league is not held to which is sort of what Goff is saying about the Detroit media.  So maybe you feel attacked, and thats why you are angry at him for it, but he isn't wrong.  

Didn't say they don't deserve it. You don't hear them out there clamoring for it.

34 minutes ago, General Tso said:

I don't think you've watched enough podcasts or interviews of other athletes then haha.

I live a rocks throw from Mahomes so trust me I've seen plenty of him. He's arrogant but he ain't out begging for respect . He's earning it 

2 minutes ago, detfan782004 said:

I live a rocks throw from Mahomes so trust me I've seen plenty of him. He's arrogant but he ain't out begging for respect . He's earning it 

Yea, that's one athlete who won the title. What about all the others who want respect that haven't won a title?

The point is, Goff was asked a question and he wants to change the culture of Detroit media. If you lost respect for what he said, then we're just not going to agree here.

I think he set himself up to fail with the whole I was sent to Detroit for my career to die bit. 

I mean he said he wasn't going to let it he came in with his own preconceived notions too and now wants people (media) to just be oh look at this success. I mean it is success in comparison to Detroit history but it's not success of what teams are striving for.

It's almost as if they are getting it Que up for later if it doesn't pan out. "but we had successful couple or few years"

Media will die down where there is sustained success so he needs to just go show them again. And again. And win a Championship. Even NFC title would be success 

5 minutes ago, detfan782004 said:

I think he set himself up to fail with the whole I was sent to Detroit for my career to die bit. 

I mean he said he wasn't going to let it he came in with his own preconceived notions too and now wants people (media) to just be oh look at this success. I mean it is success in comparison to Detroit history but it's not success of what teams are striving for.

It's almost as if they are getting it Que up for later if it doesn't pan out. "but we had successful couple or few years"

Media will die down where there is sustained success so he needs to just go show them again. And again. And win a Championship. Even NFC title would be success 

I mean.... look at how much admiration that Stafford and Calvin get despite not really accomplishing anything team-wise. 

Every year, there is only one team and one fanbase that is going to be happy. Everyone else can't win the title. I don't see any issue in celebrating the successes they have even if it doesn't mean a championship. However, those celebrations are not as sweet or well deserved as one that comes with winning the big one. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

I mean.... look at how much admiration that Stafford and Calvin get despite not really accomplishing anything team-wise. 

Every year, there is only one team and one fanbase that is going to be happy. Everyone else can't win the title. I don't see any issue in celebrating the successes they have even if it doesn't mean a championship. However, those celebrations are not as sweet or well deserved as one that comes with winning the big one. 

They can celebrate all they want. Not knocking that. Just don't force others like media to do the same until you win it. People gauge success differently and he can't fault the media for their perception of this organization 

On 4/12/2024 at 5:02 PM, detfan782004 said:

They can celebrate all they want. Not knocking that. Just don't force others like media to do the same until you win it. People gauge success differently and he can't fault the media for their perception of this organization 

Again,  he wasn't begging for respect, at least for himself.  He was pointing out that while the Lions were getting ready to play in the NFC championship game, the Detroit media disrespected our players.  Which they did.  Its an imposter syndrome for the Lions media discussing the talent gap like we aren't talented.  But we are.  So why is the Detroit media feeding those ideas that we lack talent when we had more All-Pros and Pro Bowlers than we have had combined the last 15 years.  

• Like 2