FF's Big Board #1

MaddHatter

Who is the Top Prospect in the 2024 NFL Draft?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the Top Prospect in the 2024 NFL Draft?

• Caleb Williams
    • Drake Maye
    • Jayden Daniels
    • Marvin Harrison Jr.
    • Malik Nabers
    • Rome Odunze
    • Joe Alt
    • Amarius Mims
    • Olu Fashanu
    • Taliese Fuaga
    • Cooper DeJean
    • Quinyon Mitchell
    • Nate Wiggins
    • Jared Verse
    • Dallas Turner
    • Chop Robinson
    • Brock Bowers
    • Byron Murphy
    • Jer'Zhan Newton
    • Other (Post in Thread)

5 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

@MaddHatter

Let's try to keep this to one thread if possible.  50 new threads is a lot when there are other threads that people want to post in.

Wouldn't it be simpler just to lock previous threads?  Just food for thought.

Notwithstanding Marvin Harrison Junior's undisputed status as the #1 WR, only two players are being described as "generational":  Joe Alt and Brock Bowers.  The latter is even more dominant at his position than MHJ and Alt are at theirs so I'll go with Bowers. 

This is coming from someone who thinks Chicago should [trade down from #1 and] take Joe Alt before selecting a franchise QB at #9.

1 hour ago, Dr A W Niloc said:

Notwithstanding Marvin Harrison Junior's undisputed status as the #1 WR, only two players are being described as "generational":  Joe Alt and Brock Bowers.  The latter is even more dominant at his position than MHJ and Alt are at theirs so I'll go with Bowers. 

This is the first time I'm reading about Joe Alt being a "generational" prospect. I don't think he's the best OT in the draft personally. 
I can definitely see the argument for Bowers though, he is the best TE prospect in the last 10 years easily for me 

I see a lot of people calling MHJr and Caleb generational. I'm not sure that I think Bowers is much of a better prospect than Pitts was if at all... And history has shown that we should be wary of drafting TEs in the top 20. I think Bowers is taking a bit of a hit from that history.

I don't think there are any "generational" talents in this draft. We have to label a few every year just to get hyped up.

Edited by nagahide13
  • Like 4

First I’ve heard of Alt and Bowers being “generational” talents. Alt wasn’t even the slam dunk top OT prospect for most of this year, and for some, still isn’t. 

MHJ is closest to that.

2 hours ago, nagahide13 said:

I see a lot of people calling MHJr and Caleb generational. I'm not sure that I think Bowers is much of a better prospect than Pitts was if at all... And history has shown that we should be wary of drafting TEs in the top 20. I think Bowers is taking a bit of a hit from that history.

I don't think there are any "generational" talents in this draft. We have to label a few every year just to get hyped up.

I mean people were calling Pitts the MegaTron of TEs and he went #4 overall, I think he was a better prospect than Bowers is. 

And I don't think Bowers is slipping, it's just a super good QB / WR / OT class at the top which could push him down the board. There has been a pretty negative stigma around rookie TE's being able to produce but I think that's started to fade with guys like Pitts and LaPorta putting up big numbers as rookies.

• Like 3