FF's Big Board #1

MaddHatter

Who is the Top Prospect in the 2024 NFL Draft?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the Top Prospect in the 2024 NFL Draft?

• Caleb Williams
    • Drake Maye
    • Jayden Daniels
    • Marvin Harrison Jr.
    • Malik Nabers
    • Rome Odunze
    • Joe Alt
    • Amarius Mims
    • Olu Fashanu
    • Taliese Fuaga
    • Cooper DeJean
    • Quinyon Mitchell
    • Nate Wiggins
    • Jared Verse
    • Dallas Turner
    • Chop Robinson
    • Brock Bowers
    • Byron Murphy
    • Jer'Zhan Newton
    • Other (Post in Thread)

5 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

I think MHV is the 'safest' blue-chip prospect in this class, so he's my #1 overall. 

He is the best player in the draft without a doubt.

6 minutes ago, jebrick said:

He is the best player in the draft without a doubt.

Agreed - I'm only going Caleb if I NEED a QB, but for an overall big board, MHJr is the better prospect.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, MaddHatter said:

Agreed - I'm only going Caleb if I NEED a QB, but for an overall big board, MHJr is the better prospect.

We can debate Caleb later :-)

• Like 1

For me, it's Caleb, he's the best player. Marvin Harrison Jr is probably the safest player, but a high potential QB should always be a higher ranked. Otherwise QB's should really be their own list (and I kind of think should be anyways).

I went with Williams. I think the best philosophy for assembling a board is to assume it's for a team that is replacement level, or even merely competent, at every position.

I also think it's impossible not to consider position when assembling these context free big boards. Is Marvin Harrison a better receiver than Williams is a quarterback? Maybe. But, it's a lot harder to play quarterback than it is to play receiver.

Edited by Rich7sena

I think it is impossible to detangle positional value from it completely.  No one is putting a punter in their top 10, even if he was God's gift to punters.

Even so, for a fan of a team like the Titans, who don't for sure have a QB, but might, I would still draft MHJ over Caleb Williams.  MHJ is a potentially generational talent at WR, and Williams does have some minor red flags.  Williams would absolutely be my second choice for the Titans, but not over MHJ.

19 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

@MaddHatter

Let's try to keep this to one thread if possible.  50 new threads is a lot when there are other threads that people want to post in.

Am I able to delete and repost new polls as we go?  I'm good with whatever is best for the forum and helps drive activity, I just assumed a poll was locked once it was created.

25 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I think it is impossible to detangle positional value from it completely.  No one is putting a punter in their top 10, even if he was God's gift to punters.

Even so, for a fan of a team like the Titans, who don't for sure have a QB, but might, I would still draft MHJ over Caleb Williams.  MHJ is a potentially generational talent at WR, and Williams does have some minor red flags.  Williams would absolutely be my second choice for the Titans, but not over MHJ.

You never met Al Davis did you? lol

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MaddHatter said:

Am I able to delete and repost new polls as we go?  I'm good with whatever is best for the forum and helps drive activity, I just assumed a poll was locked once it was created.

Maybe do like 3 guys at a time?  Top 3 vote getters for each poll?

I dont want to discourage the idea, just thinking of ways to space it a bit, especially with the mock draft coming up.