Free agent Frenzy 2024!!

Just now, Forge said:

Take it FWIW, but the jags media member who said that there were talks between the two  indicated that the Jags would be unlikely to move 17 for him. 

I mean if the Jags don't want to give up #17, then no deal needs to be made with them. That's okay. But if another team even in the high 20s wants to trade for Aiyuk, then still go trade your 2nd rounder or something for a proven corner. The first two picks should be on the offensive side of the ball. 

Just now, Forge said:

They already restructured Warner this year. 

Ah, that's right. That was to get under the cap before the new league year.

Then I guess we did not really have much of a choice. Still prefer to restructure CMC's deal over Kittle's though. 

6 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I am not talking about Deebo. How about extending Ward and restructuring Warner's deal? Pretty sure we can do that and open up enough cap space that way, no? 

Sorry Forge already mentioned 

Edited by StevenK

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean if the Jags don't want to give up #17, then no deal needs to be made with them. That's okay. But if another team even in the high 20s wants to trade for Aiyuk, then still go trade your 2nd rounder or something for a proven corner. The first two picks should be on the offensive side of the ball. 

I think he ultimately just stays. I think the teams that would be most likely to make a move on him (besides the Jags) would probably be at the start of round 2. Unless we are okay with moving him to places like Buffalo who could really use him (don't know if we would be or not). 

Carolina probably won't do it now with Johnson, but 34 and 39 for Aiyuk and 63 basically values him at the high 20's, which makes sense. My guess is that Carolina would try and get the 49ers bite on like 34 and 65 though. 

New England's 2 this year + a 2 next year may be interesting for them if they are going to take a rookie QB

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

I think he ultimately just stays. I think the teams that would be most likely to make a move on him (besides the Jags) would probably be at the start of round 2. Unless we are okay with moving him to places like Buffalo who could really use him (don't know if we would be or not). 

Carolina probably won't do it now with Johnson, but 34 and 39 for Aiyuk and 63 basically values him at the high 20's, which makes sense. My guess is that Carolina would try and get the 49ers bite on like 34 and 65 though. 

New England's 2 this year + a 2 next year may be interesting for them if they are going to take a rookie QB

Anything outside of a top 15ish pick just doesn't move the needle for me.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420 said:

Anything outside of a top 15ish pick just doesn't move the needle for me.

Top 15 pick doesn't work in the market, most likely. Receivers don't get top 15 picks. So if the ask is a top 15 pick without flexibility, we are basically saying he's not for sale. Obviously there was fluff to a lot of these deals, but the biggest pick in each of them: 

• AJ Brown - pick 18
  • Stefon Diggs - pick 22
  • Hill - pick 29
  • Adams - pick 22 
  • Hollywood Brown - pick 23. 
  • OBJ - pick 17 
  • Brandin Cooks - pick 23 (rams) + pick 32 I think (patriots?)
  • Percy Harvin - pick 25

I think if you're looking at a pick inside the top 15, you're probably looking at flipping pick 31 back (Or at least 63 I would imagine--- there was the rumor that Jets offered 10 for Deebo and a second, so don't want to completely discount the possibility)

13 minutes ago, Forge said:

Watch if the Vikings trade up with the Pats. Patriots would than end up with two first round picks. 

• Like 1

Quandre Diggs or Justin Simmons if we go the safety route.

Where did the Newsome rumors start in the first place? Is it kind of known that the Browns cannot pay him next offseason so they are making him available this year?

Curious to see which one of Reddick/Sweat get traded. The Eagles can't pay both after giving a big deal to Huff and having Smith waiting in the wings. A one for one trade for Newsome would actually make a lot of sense for the Eagles. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Where did the Newsome rumors start in the first place? Is it kind of known that the Browns cannot pay him next offseason so they are making him available this year?

Curious to see which one of Reddick/Sweat get traded. The Eagles can't pay both after giving a big deal to Huff and having Smith waiting in the wings. A one for one trade for Newsome would actually make a lot of sense for the Eagles. 

I know I saw something about Newsome on twitter or something, but I have no idea if it was a legit source. I know it wasn't just a thing from on here. 

On The Philly Special podcast, they were talking about Sweat could actually just be released. Something has to be going on there. That would be majorly weird, right? Just wild

9 minutes ago, Forge said:

Top 15 pick doesn't work in the market, most likely. Receivers don't get top 15 picks. So if the ask is a top 15 pick without flexibility, we are basically saying he's not for sale. Obviously there was fluff to a lot of these deals, but the biggest pick in each of them: 

• AJ Brown - pick 18
  • Stefon Diggs - pick 22
  • Hill - pick 29
  • Adams - pick 22 
  • Hollywood Brown - pick 23. 
  • OBJ - pick 17 
  • Brandin Cooks - pick 23 (rams) + pick 32 I think (patriots?)
  • Percy Harvin - pick 25

I think if you're looking at a pick inside the top 15, you're probably looking at flipping pick 31 back (Or at least 63 I would imagine--- there was the rumor that Jets offered 10 for Deebo and a second)

I don't know how you could parlay anything reasonable into the type of production we get from Aiyuk.  Especially year 1 or year 2.  Route Running, blocking, and free Lady Bugs.  The man is a commodity.

The Deebo Rumor interests me quite a bit though.  Deebo was at his best with Mike McDaniels in the building.  Mike drew stuff up all day for Deebo that was creative and effective.  We slowly got away from Deebo like packages as the year has gone on.  Now he is basically a traditional receiver that catches two screens and takes a toss every game.  It's not that Deebo is replaceable as a player, but having a more traditional receiver who runs really crisp smart routes with a lot of separation could keep the offense running at the same speed, plus pick 10 gives us a shot at our cornerstone LT. 

Basically, with the construction of the team, the contracts, and the ages the only thing I would carry with me in 2026 is a rich Brock Purdy, Brandon Aiyuk, and a cornerstone LT.

Edited by Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

This is starting to make more sense if the 49ers are going to use Hufanga in the star position that Staley runs. Move Hufanga into a hybrid role. Would also probably cover some of the Greenlaw absence. Of course, Hufanga's injury is a reason as well for looking for a starting safety

Edited by 49erurtaza
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

I know I saw something about Newsome on twitter or something, but I have no idea if it was a legit source. I know it wasn't just a thing from on here. 

On The Philly Special podcast, they were talking about Sweat could actually just be released. Something has to be going on there. That would be majorly weird, right? Just wild

Yeah, that does not make much sense to me. Even if he wants mega money and teams aren't willing to give him a deal at the time of signing, like some team should be willing to do a one year rental and then get a comp pick the following season for him. Just flat out releasing him would be a major fail. 

4 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

This is starting to make more sense if the 49ers are going to use Hufanga in the star position that Staley runs. Move Hufanga into a hybrid role. Would also probably cover some of the Greenlaw absence. Of course, Hufanga's injury is a reason as well for looking for a starting safety

What's the star position?  The Derwin James Nickel type role?