Free agent Frenzy 2024!!

We'll use this as the catch-all league stuff during the start of free agency since it gets crazy and active and this thread will fill fast. 

We'll create a new around the NFL when it dies down 

1 minute ago, DTMW78 said:

@Forge

When does F.A start officially and do we expect any big moves this year 

Monday is the official tampering period start. I think Free agency technically "starts" on Wednesday, but Monday is when we'll start hearing about who is signing where. 

So far we haven't restructured anyone to create room to make a big move, however we have until Wednesday to do that. We could "sign" someone during tampering first if we want. 

I would expect them to make one decent trade / FA signing. FA class is a little weak, however there are some decent options at positions we could use. A guy like Robert Hunt probably wouldn't cost an arm and a leg but would probably have a pretty decent size positive impact 

33 minutes ago, Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420 said:

In my pipey-est of pipe dreams, I would want Tradavous White, Saquon Barkley, and Tyron Smith.  I somehow doubt the team has the cap space for even one of those guys.

Tre White coming off back to back ACL and Achilles shouldn't be that expensive, but his cost would depend on if I even want to take a flyer. I'm not a fan of Achilles injuries for those guys. 

I think Barkley is going to be an eagle. I'd actually really like to bring in Pollard if we are adding a running back. A year out from the broken leg, he's an excellent pass protector, and can do some receiving work. 

Smith is another guy where the injuries matter. I think he's going to be affordable because I think he's going to want a ring, but I feel like he signs with the chiefs

44 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Mac N Cheese traded to the Jags for a late round pick.

Glad we didn't bite.

I would have traded a sixth for him. Especially in this draft.  2.8 million for a backup is a solid deal. We ended up paying Darnold like 5.9 million last year, I think. 

For a team with a tight cap, I'd rather have that 3 million than a sixth or maybe even 5th round pick

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I would have traded a sixth for him. Especially in this draft.  2.8 million for a backup is a solid deal. We ended up paying Darnold like 5.9 million last year, I think. 

For a team with a tight cap, I'd rather have that 3 million than a sixth or maybe even 5th round pick

We could do way worse than McKorkle as a backup, but I think he’s just an absolute tool shed lol. 

I’m not so sure that he’s going to have that backup mindset as far as doing what he needs to do for Brock either. Apparently Darnold was excellent at it this last year.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, GW21 said:

We could do way worse than McKorkle as a backup, but I think he’s just an absolute tool shed lol. 

I’m not so sure that he’s going to have that backup mindset as far as doing what he needs to do for Brock either. Apparently Darnold was excellent at it this last year.

Mac is definitely a tool lol

I'll be curious if they trade a late pick for Wilson now and have the jets pay like half his salary

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

Mac is definitely a tool lol

I'll be curious if they trade a late pick for Wilson now and have the jets pay like half his salary

I think we should trade for Trey Lance. 

Just kidding. I’d be ok with bringing in Wilson if the price was right. Just gotta lock up your moms when he’s in town. If we could get NY to take on some of his salary I’d be all about it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Good point, but I am not sure if he is the right person for the room.  Personality and timing matter at the back-up QB spot.  I wouldn't be surprised to see Jimmy G back in that spot.  Mac just seems a little too abrasive for the culture here.  I also don't like his feet.  I think it would be hard to go from Purdy's cat like quickness to Macs sloth like slowness.  Jimmy G had that off platform quick trigger that enabled him to operate, that is not a guarantee to get from Mac either.  

This is an odd thought, but Justin Fields is about 6 million dollars.  As a starter here, I am not sure if there is a long term fit, but if he had to fill in for 1-15 games, I bet Shanny could come up with a few fun wrinkles.  I feel like he and Darnold are similar in passing styles. 

• Forge unpinned and locked this topic