Free agent Frenzy 2024!!

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Not sure I get this to be honest. The restructure really gave us limited savings on a pre-June 1 cut, right @Forge?

Our run defense is going to look shakier than it was before lol. 

Like 2 million. I assume he'll be a June 1 cut

• Like 1

The last remnants of Y2 the Optimist that weren't crushed by the brutal reality of being the second best football franchise of the generation are trying to convince Y2 the Rehardened Cynic that maybe removing the last remaining piece of Trent Baalke is a key to finally getting over the hump.

• Like 4

Last spring it was Jimmie, who also was just 1 season short of that 10 year wall.  it is the right move but it just sucks to lose a guy like him. . AA was a wrecking ball at his peak but the injuries have been stacking up.. 

2015 was the year my first kid was born. Anyone without kids should know, time just flies by once you do.  I swear Harbaugh got fired and we were all WTFing the Tomsula (re)hire just last week 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Forge said:

Like 2 million. I assume he'll be a June 1 cut

No, I meant if we had NOT restructured his deal last season, we would have had a much better cap savings right? Or would he have been a free agent this offseason? Either way, that was a rough restructure. 

Oh well, we need a run stopper from the interior and while he is not longer the same player, I would not mind DJ Reader. Probably could get him relatively cheap tbh. 

Looks like Fields could end up as a backup. Wouldn't surprise me at all if all they get is a 5th that has (hard to reach) conditions to turn into a 3rd

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

No, I meant if we had NOT restructured his deal last season, we would have had a much better cap savings right? Or would he have been a free agent this offseason? Either way, that was a rough restructure. 

Oh well, we need a run stopper from the interior and while he is not longer the same player, I would not mind DJ Reader. Probably could get him relatively cheap tbh. 

honestly, it really didn't matter because we didn't actually use the cash. The optics look worse, but it makes no nevermind. 

If we hadn't restructured him last year (i'm just using numbers, not actual real figures here), we would have rolled over 28 in stead of 38 million and saved 12.5 cutting him for a total cap space of 40.5. Instead we rolled over 38 and saved 2.5, but it was still 40.5 . 

• Like 3

• Forge unpinned and locked this topic