Better 6 Seasons Combined: Adrian Peterson or Marshall Faulk

Best 6 Seasons Combined   

35 members have voted

1. 1. Best 6 Seasons Combined

• Adrian Peterson
    • Marshall Faulk 

22 hours ago, Armbar said:

Prime Peterson is the best RB I’ve ever seen. Barely etching out Tomlinson. I didn’t get to see a ton of Derrius Guice, because from what I understand, he’a widely considered #1 all-time. 

Derrius did have near back to back 2K yard season.  It was something special to hear about.

• Like 1

People are forgetting how good Adrian Peterson was. He willed and dragged a lifeless team quarterbacked by Christian Ponder to 10 wins, a playoff birth, and an MVP while rushing for over 2k yards in 2012. It didn't matter what type of defense you played, it was only a matter of time when he was going to break one loose for a long touchdown while taking many victims along the way. While not great, he was okay as a receiver such as when he scored his very first touchdown in the league after a 60 yard reception, and trucked Willie Gay against the Steelers in 2009 to convert a massive 3rd down late in the game.

He was not good at blocking, though. Fumbling also plagued him throughout his career. With that being said, he is no worse than top 5 ever.

On 3/10/2024 at 7:34 PM, mdonnelly21 said:

Adrian Peterson

Rushing Yards per year 1,560.67 

Yards per carry 4.98 

Rushing Touchdowns 12.5 

Receiving Yards 268 

Total Touchdowns 13 

Total Yardage 1,829

Marshall Faulk 

Yards per year 1,300.00 

Yards per carry 4.68 

Rushing Touchdowns 10.83 

Receiving Yards 758 

Total Touchdowns 15.5 

Total Yardage 2058

I was curious...

Tiki Barber 

Rushing Yards per year 1,441.5 

Yards per carry 4.8

Rushing Touchdowns 8

Receiving Yards 558.3

Total Touchdowns 9 

Total Yardage 2000

Almost like a perfect split between the 2 if you are only talking about their top 6 years, obviously excluding touchdowns, where he lags a bit behind.

As for the question at hand, I think it is pretty obvious Faulk has the better 6 best years, but I'd still take AD over him in almost every scenario. In his prime, he was unbelievable.

On 5/30/2024 at 11:32 AM, minutemancl said:

I was curious...

Tiki Barber 

Rushing Yards per year 1,441.5 

Yards per carry 4.8

Rushing Touchdowns 8

Receiving Yards 558.3

Total Touchdowns 9 

Total Yardage 2000

Almost like a perfect split between the 2 if you are only talking about their top 6 years, obviously excluding touchdowns, where he lags a bit behind.

As for the question at hand, I think it is pretty obvious Faulk has the better 6 best years, but I'd still take AD over him in almost every scenario. In his prime, he was unbelievable.

Wow in my mind I had been severely underrating Tiki 🙄

• 1 month later...
On 6/10/2024 at 5:38 PM, Tank4Drake said:

AP 2007-2012 was arguably the best RB prime ever outside of Barry. 

Jim Brown?
OJ Simpson?
Gayle Sayers?

For shorter primes like 3-4 years, Earl Campbell and Terrell Davis

Ah the classic debate of Faulk. Faulk was a product of the system but the system was built around him…. 🤔

For what it’s worth Peterson’s QB’s struggled to throw out a wet bag with one exception. Add in two terribly uncreative head coaches, Brad Childress who only knew how to run the ball (he ran the offense for the Wisconsin Badgers with Ron Dayne) and Leslie Frazier who was purely a defensive guy. Would Mike Martz and Kurt Warner have utilized Peterson differently, probably.