Rams sign TE Colby Parkinson (3 years, $22.5M, $15.5M gtd)

RaidersAreOne

29 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

From what I’m reading this is a what is he going to do type of signing. He didn’t get real opportunities in Seattle and he is 25. Great in the run blocking game (which is key as for McVay) and he could be great as a redzone target.

So I’m not going to be quick to say horrible signing. Again back in 2017 how many people bashed the Rams for giving a young unproven Robert Woods a big contract? How did that work out in the end?  Not saying this signing won’t end up being bad but I trust the potential of Parkinson in McVay system with Stafford than in Seattle system with Geno. But it’s going to be interesting to see it play out bc we will see it immediately since Higbee won’t be playing right away. It’s going to be Parkinson and Allen right away. 

It’s a stupid signing the red zone thing is getting over blown. We were top 10 at number 8. I don’t wanna hear it, we have the best spring team with Kyren, Puka and staff. This signing was pure garbage. Guy is a huge unknown. Slow pass blocking guy. You could find 50 guys like that in the draft. 

15 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

It’s a stupid signing the red zone thing is getting over blown. We were top 10 at number 8. I don’t wanna hear it, we have the best spring team with Kyren, Puka and staff. This signing was pure garbage. Guy is a huge unknown. Slow pass blocking guy. You could find 50 guys like that in the draft. 

Again this screams of "what are you going to do for me" type of signing. Dude is 25 years old and with McVay we dont know what his ceiling could be. Im not jumping for joy about this signing but Im not also burying it neither. If I bury it and he shows he can be good in this system then thats a whole lot of dirt Im going to have to dig up and eat. And like I said we will find out very soon bc he will have to contribute alot right away due to Higbee missing the start of the season. 

Just now, stl4life07 said:

Again this screams of "what are you going to do for me" type of signing. Dude is 25 years old and with McVay we dont know what his ceiling could be. Im not jumping for joy about this signing but Im not also burying it neither. If I bury it and he shows he can be good in this system then thats a whole lot of dirt Im going to have to dig up and eat. And like I said we will find out very soon bc he will have to contribute alot right away due to Higbee missing the start of the season. 

The Higbee was a huge over pay. Hig is a great run blocker but not worth the $$ and I would rather have stuck with Davis Allen who shows a ton of promise. Hate this pick up so much man. 

12 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

The Higbee was a huge over pay. Hig is a great run blocker but not worth the $$ and I would rather have stuck with Davis Allen who shows a ton of promise. Hate this pick up so much man. 

I agree with you on Allen shows promise but maybe McVay thought that Parkinson has promise too. I just trust the thought process behind McVay or else they wouldnt have made this signing. Not saying McVay is always right but he has done more right than wrong so Im trusting him. Again not jumping for joy about this signing but not going to bury it either. More of a curious to see how its going to play out. But I understand that you are hating this. Nobody had Parkinson to the Rams as a prediction especially at this price. 

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

Hard to doubt McVay, but this is a weird one.

Aside from ARob (who in hindsight is definitely cooked and was older), he's batting 1.000 on offensive FAs....not that there have been all that many

1 minute ago, stl4life07 said:

I agree with you on Allen shows promise but maybe McVay thought that Parkinson has promise too. I just trust the thought process behind McVay or else they wouldnt have made this signing. Not saying McVay is always right but he has done more right than wrong so Im trusting him. Again not jumping for joy about this signing but not going to bury it either. More of a curious to see how its going to play out. But I understand that you are hating this. Nobody had Parkinson to the Rams as a prediction especially at this price. 

Yeah but he wanted cooks, he wanted arob he wanted Sammy Watkins. At some point you say breh chill out. It’s not what he wants is what we need. We don’t need a TE. 

Just now, El Ramster said:

Yeah but he wanted cooks, he wanted arob he wanted Sammy Watkins. At some point you say breh chill out. It’s not what he wants is what we need. We don’t need a TE. 

Watkins and Cooks helped make those offenses in 2017 and 2018 elite, so even though Sammy didn't tear it up, definitely played a big role so IMO those were good pickups

2 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

Watkins and Cooks helped make those offenses in 2017 and 2018 elite, so even though Sammy didn't tear it up, definitely played a big role so IMO those were good pickups

Yeah they were good but never part of the long term. When you draft for guys you kinda wanna make them part of your future. Not just one year rentals

specially when you’re giving up prime equity. 

1 hour ago, El Ramster said:

Thats why I said McVay isnt right all the time but most of the time he is. Cooks wasnt a bad move he just was concussed multiple times and the Rams decided to move on. ARob was clearly a bad reaction move to not being able to bring back Von. Ill give the Rams a pass on that bc that offseason they made some moves they werent normally making like signing Wagner. They usually dont invest big money in linebackers. And yeah Watkins in hindsight was a bad move bc he just didnt produce like we had hoped.

But I do get you being critical. Im just more curious than anything. Seems random but Im going to give McVay the benefit of the doubt to say he has a plan and its not random as we think.

14 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Thats why I said McVay isnt right all the time but most of the time he is. Cooks wasnt a bad move he just was concussed multiple times and the Rams decided to move on. ARob was clearly a bad reaction move to not being able to bring back Von. Ill give the Rams a pass on that bc that offseason they made some moves they werent normally making like signing Wagner. They usually dont invest big money in linebackers. And yeah Watkins in hindsight was a bad move bc he just didnt produce like we had hoped.

But I do get you being critical. Im just more curious than anything. Seems random but Im going to give McVay the benefit of the doubt to say he has a plan and its not random as we think.

Listen of course the deserve it and have earned it. But every year they make this one signing that never pans out.