Rams sign TE Colby Parkinson (3 years, $22.5M, $15.5M gtd)

RaidersAreOne

20 minutes ago, General Tso said:

Do.. the Rams intend to sign a defensive player at all?

Despite the personnel, we lost in the playoffs because of our red zone offense more so than our defense. These two moves are moves to improve that aspect.

The defensive players we are losing to FA this year (if we don't re-sign them) were mostly JAGs.

When McVay gutted the roster last year, one theory (which I believe) is that he was tired of investing in the defense - so pouring money into three players, all on their second contracts and all three year deals - would support that.

This would seem to indicate we will be going defense heavy on day one and two of the draft.

From what I’m reading this is a what is he going to do type of signing. He didn’t get real opportunities in Seattle and he is 25. Great in the run blocking game (which is key as for McVay) and he could be great as a redzone target.

So I’m not going to be quick to say horrible signing. Again back in 2017 how many people bashed the Rams for giving a young unproven Robert Woods a big contract? How did that work out in the end?  Not saying this signing won’t end up being bad but I trust the potential of Parkinson in McVay system with Stafford than in Seattle system with Geno. But it’s going to be interesting to see it play out bc we will see it immediately since Higbee won’t be playing right away. It’s going to be Parkinson and Allen right away. 

The annual garbage Les Snead contract was due. Every year this bozo does the stupidest signing ever it’s like he can’t help himself. So stupid man, we have a TE too that’s ready to go and we have the draft. No need to over pay for Seattle’s garbage!