Eagles sign RB Saquon Barkley

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

Yes, I know the Giants O-Line stinks, but this is still concerning.

No description available.

Yards per attempt is more a QB thing isn’t it? It’s how far the ball is thrown? 

Saquon is a risk, no doubt about it, but it’s a calculated worthwhile risk

if he bombs you didn’t pay that much for it in comparison to the cap. I mean it’s the same size as bradberrys who we regret but doesn’t feel like we’re stuck with

if he hits you have a top 3 RB who can do everything and changes your offense

7 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

Yards per attempt is more a QB thing isn’t it? It’s how far the ball is thrown? 

Saquon is a risk, no doubt about it, but it’s a calculated worthwhile risk

if he bombs you didn’t pay that much for it in comparison to the cap. I mean it’s the same size as bradberrys who we regret but doesn’t feel like we’re stuck with

if he hits you have a top 3 RB who can do everything and changes your offense

That is his rushing yards per attempt.  Yards per reception is the next column.

52 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Yes, I know the Giants O-Line stinks, but this is still concerning.

No description available.

Now check to see how many of those 3rd down carries 1st contact was in the backfield or at the los.  Saquon was their entire offense and everyone in the building knew he was going to touch the ball in 3rd and short situations.

Since 2010 21 total RBs have had 1300 touches or more in their first 6 seasons in the NFL. (Two of the 21 are Barkley and Jacobs). Barkley has had about 1500 touches.

Of the 19 non Barkley and Jacobs RBs(since they haven't played in year 7 yet), there are only 6 total combined seasons of 1,000 rushing yards or more after year 6. And of the 6, 5 of them belong to Derrick Henry, LeSean McCoy, Christian McCaffrey.

When RBs with heavy workloads fall off, they fall off fast.

Yea, I'm not really expecting Barkley to be noticeably better than Swift was for us. Kinda feels like when we got Demarco Murray after Dallas ran him into the dirt.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Jeezla said:

Yea, I'm not really expecting Barkley to be noticeably better than Swift was for us.

I think that is extreme pessimism.  Swift wasn't even that good for us after the 1st 6 weeks of the season.

8 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Yea, I'm not really expecting Barkley to be noticeably better than Swift was for us. Kinda feels like when we got Demarco Murray after Dallas ran him into the dirt.

I will say Murray had 400 carries the year before coming here Saquon had about 150 less

And Murray had a good year with the titans after his workload dropped with philly

So even Murray isn’t doom and gloom. 

getting 2 good years out of Barkley is enough imo

15 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

I think that is extreme pessimism.  Swift wasn't even that good for us after the 1st 6 weeks of the season.

How many good games did Saquon have last year? 4?

Most teams knew our vanilla offensive plays after the 1st half of the season. Wasn't hard to defend against. Just ask Nick Bosa.
Swift got Brian Johnson'd.

Edited by Jeezla

Just now, Last Stand said:

I will say Murray had 400 carries the year before coming here Saquon had about 150 less

And Murray had a good year with the titans after his workload dropped with philly

So even Murray isn’t doom and gloom. 

getting 2 good years out of Barkley is enough imo

You can also blame that as much on Chip Kelly as DeMarco arguably.

17 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Since 2010 21 total RBs have had 1300 touches or more in their first 6 seasons in the NFL. (Two of the 21 are Barkley and Jacobs). Barkley has had about 1500 touches.

Of the 19 non Barkley and Jacobs RBs(since they haven't played in year 7 yet), there are only 6 total combined seasons of 1,000 rushing yards or more after year 6. And of the 6, 5 of them belong to Derrick Henry, LeSean McCoy, Christian McCaffrey.

When RBs with heavy workloads fall off, they fall off fast.

I would argue Barkley and Jacob’s have both been considered in those guys class so I’d say they’re a more calculated risk 

7 minutes ago, Danger said:

You can also blame that as much on Chip Kelly as DeMarco arguably.

But Brian Johnson gets no blame for Swift tailing off? Every defense knew what plays we were going to run. Wouldn't have mattered if we had CMC last year.