Eagles sign RB Saquon Barkley

2 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

But Brian Johnson gets no blame for Swift tailing off? Every defense knew what plays we were going to run. Wouldn't have mattered if we had CMC last year.

i tend to think Barkley has his best chance ever to do what he does best which is make big splash plays. Going from being met in the backfield to being met at the 2nd level is a unique change

ask miles sanders and swift what a difference that makes. 

there’s a chance Saquon doesn’t have as much mileage on the tank left as we’d like, but the one abundantly clear thing is that he’s in a 180 degree different situation

From the blocking scheme, offensive line focus to stoutland, to goederts effort/abilities as a run blocker. To AJ and Devonta’s efforts as run blockers. 

doesn’t mean he will be the Saquon we want. But it’s definitely reasonable to be excited that he can be the Saquon we want

4 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

i tend to think Barkley has his best chance ever to do what he does best which is make big splash plays. Going from being met in the backfield to being met at the 2nd level is a unique change

ask miles sanders and swift what a difference that makes. 

there’s a chance Saquon doesn’t have as much mileage on the tank left as we’d like, but the one abundantly clear thing is that he’s in a 180 degree different situation

From the blocking scheme, offensive line focus to stoutland, to goederts effort/abilities as a run blocker. To AJ and Devonta’s efforts as run blockers. 

doesn’t mean he will be the Saquon we want. But it’s definitely reasonable to be excited that he can be the Saquon we want

Can't blame everything on the Giants OL. Breece Hall had just as bad of an OL and an even worse starting QB. Averaged 4.5. With a tougher schedule than NYG.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Can't blame everything on the Giants OL. Breece Hall had just as bad of an OL and an even worse starting QB. Averaged 4.5.

Isn’t breece hall considered one of the more talented running backs and still didn’t hit 1k yards? 

I see that and wonder what breece hall would do with a better offensive line

im just not going to assume Saquon is going to bomb. 

1 minute ago, Last Stand said:

im just not going to assume Saquon is going to bomb. 

Not assuming he's going to bomb either, but I'm also not penciling him in as a top 10 RB just because his OL got better.

1 minute ago, CasperX22 said:

Not top 10? Oh my.

What was he last year if you had to rank all the RB's? Is he getting in your top 10 with the 16th most rushing yards, 3.9 ypc, and 6 rush TD's?

Edited by Jeezla

7 minutes ago, Danger said:

If Barkley is healthy, he's unquestionably a top 5 RB behind this line. 

Or maybe he's just #8 or #9. Odd to make such a finite statement when we've never seen what Kellen Moores Philly offense looks like. He did do wonders for Ekeler's ypc tho, so you are probably right.

2 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Or maybe he's just #8 or #9. Odd to make such a finite statement when we've never seen what Kellen Moores Philly offense looks like. He did do wonders for Ekeler's ypc tho, so you are probably right.

I watched him for years, if he can be 80 or 90% of what he was at Penn State or his rookie year, behind this line, he's gonna dominate.

Just now, Danger said:

I watched him for years, if he can be 80 or 90% of what he was at Penn State or his rookie year, behind this line, he's gonna dominate.

What if he's 90% of what he was last year?

Just now, Jeezla said:

What if he's 90% of what he was last year?

He doesn't have a QB who still lives in his basement.
He doesn't have WRs who're CFL caliber
He doesn't have an O-Line that sans Andrew Thomas was effectively tissue paper.

1 minute ago, Danger said:

He doesn't have a QB who still lives in his basement.
He doesn't have WRs who're CFL caliber
He doesn't have an O-Line that sans Andrew Thomas was effectively tissue paper.

How do you know Hurts doesn't have a basement that he prefers over his bedroom?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

How do you know Hurts doesn't have a basement that he prefers over his bedroom?

Funny.

Say what you will about Hurts, but you can't honestly tell me that Jalen Hurts doesn't take more pressure off of and open up more of the field for SaQuon, than Tommy freakin DeVito. If you try and suggest otherwise you're not a serious person.

7 minutes ago, Danger said:

Funny.

Say what you will about Hurts, but you can't honestly tell me that Jalen Hurts doesn't take more pressure off of and open up more of the field for SaQuon, than Tommy freakin DeVito. If you try and suggest otherwise you're not a serious person.

Depends on Kellen Moore. Having Hurts didn't help Swift, because teams knew what play Brian Johnson was calling regardless.  If Moore is creative with Hurts running the ball, then it will open up things for Saquon, like it did for Myles Sanders.

If Shane Steichen was calling plays last year, Swift would have been a top 2 RB.

Edited by Jeezla