DE Brian Burns traded for 2nd and 5th, receives 5 year deal $150M, 87M guranteed

Acgott

Man, this was a hell of a day. Busy day. But I think the Giants made really prudent, and exciting, moves that make them a better team this year and especially moving forward. These are forward thinking moves. 

• Like 1

I like the move but don't love it. I hate giving up prime draft picks and we are also paying him a lot. I'm slightly worried this is just Leonard Williams 2.0, a good player whom we will be paying great money. Grant it I don't know much about the player but have heard great things about him that make it seem like this deal is worth it.

Like Brian Burns, nice excellent player. But you got 150M for a pass rusher and not a premier guard or OT. this is ridiculous, the oline is still swiss cheese the way i see things. If u ask me, i feel like ive been lied to once again by management as a fan. If your going to address your biggest need with money (Oline), then you go and spend it on a pass rusher.. WTF. Runyan and Eleuminor now look like Schoen has no clue where he was going with the cash. 

On 3/12/2024 at 7:19 AM, Shockwave said:

Well the offense is going to be putrid to watch but the defense is sure looking like it's going to be fun...

I saw people naming the top-5 Giants on the team right now on Twitter. The consensus list seemed to be

1. Dexter Lawrence

2. Andrew Thomas

3. Bobby Okereke

4. Brian Burns

5. Kayvon Thibodeaux

That list is dominated by defensive players. We need an offensive sparkplug, and the good news is we are poised to get one at 6 in the draft. I can't imagine that pick is used on defense.