WE GOT QUEEN!!!

1 minute ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I'll always support the team. I couldn't ever root against a Steeler, so I'll be on Queen's side. His deal not being absolutely MASSIVE does give me hope. I just really really hope this isn't our only move on that side of the ball. 

This should make you feel better...

"Spotrac.com lists a potential market value for Queen at $18.5MM per year, projecting a five-year, $92.64MM contract behind only his former teammate, Smith, and Fred Warner."

• Like 1

Just now, MOSteelers56 said:

I'll always support the team. I couldn't ever root against a Steeler, so I'll be on Queen's side. His deal not being absolutely MASSIVE does give me hope. I just really really hope this isn't our only move on that side of the ball. 

Don’t get me wrong, your take is extremely fair I’m more playing devils advocate and pointing out that it’s extremely, extremely rare to find a LB who can do it all nowadays. 

This will not be our only move on that side of the ball I can guarantee it. I would go as far as to say I think we will see another move on that side by the end of the day today. I think Kahn wants to build an absolute unit of a defense.

1 minute ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I could also say, there's a reason why Balt brought in Roquan. 

Eh. It’s really different IMO. Willie Gay played less than 60% of defensive snaps (despite being the leader) and was pulled in favor of Bolton and Tranquill late in the season. As a Mike he’s never topped 90 tackles in a season which is pretty bad. 

Contrast that with Queen who played 96.9% of the Ravens defensive snaps, and never had less than 95 tackles. I think that’s telling that Smith was the better player but they trusted Queen out there more. 

• Like 1

Just got a text from a friend of mine who is a die hard Ravens fan:

“That’s a bargain of a contract for him. He was our best player on defense last year outside of Roquan….Learning from Roquan took his game to the next level”

4 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Eh. It’s really different IMO. Willie Gay played less than 60% of defensive snaps (despite being the leader) and was pulled in favor of Bolton and Tranquill late in the season. As a Mike he’s never topped 90 tackles in a season which is pretty bad. 

Contrast that with Queen who played 96.9% of the Ravens defensive snaps, and never had less than 95 tackles. I think that’s telling that Smith was the better player but they trusted Queen out there more. 

I think Roquan was brought in because this guy was so young for the Ravens. I am not really understanding the disappointment in Steeler fans, with this move, but to each their own. And, I hope Holcomb is given the opportunity to work his way back. The best thing about it is that we don't have to worry about ILB until day 3 of the draft now, unless a really good value falls into round 3 for us (e.g. Edge Cooper). They could take more of an athlete with upside on day 3. No more thumpers needed. 

5 minutes ago, rlon said:

I think Roquan was brought in because this guy was so young for the Ravens. I am not really understanding the disappointment in Steeler fans, with this move, but to each their own. And, I hope Holcomb is given the opportunity to work his way back. The best thing about it is that we don't have to worry about ILB until day 3 of the draft now, unless a really good value falls into round 3 for us (e.g. Edge Cooper). They could take more of an athlete with upside on day 3. No more thumpers needed. 

A guy like Kalen Deloach on day 3 becomes kind of interesting to me..

Ya'll got a dude who learned to cover from Roquan. Hope he can bring back the tradition of really good LBs to the steel city cause ya'll ILBs been trash (Injuries played a part but like damn)

Ya'll got the queen we got the king.

For those opposed to the Queen signing and saying that he was on the down or playing poorly, what was his responsibilities before and after the Roquan Smith trade? Did their scheme change, there's more to football then he just played bad or didn't look good. I want to know the why's.