WE GOT QUEEN!!!

I'm sure I'll come around, as I do with almost every move, but he seems more like a good role player on a good defense to me. I'm not sure he is a game wrecker. He'll be solid for us. I think he's a good fit next to Roberts. I just don't see him raising the ceiling of the defense much. But, I've been massively wrong more times than not. So I won't be too upset. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I hope we sign Armstead too. I'm pretty underwhelmed by Queen. 

That stinks for you, then...seeing the rest of us all excited, and your just...meh, lol. Here's to Khan grabbing someone that gets you perked up!!

Edited by Ward4HOF
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Ward4HOF said:

That stinks for you, then...seeing the rest of us all excited, and your just...meh, lol. Here's to Khan grabs someone that gets you perked up!!

I'm with @MOSteelers56 on this one. 

Judge Queens career prior to Roquan getting there and judge it after. It went from exactly as Mo said "meh" to a dude who got paid in FA. 

Maybe he just clicked and found his spot in the league, but I'm a little worried we bought some fools gold. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Heck yeah, brother! Let that sweet pessimism sink in for you too!

Hahaha, I'll probably come around  I just worry he is getting paid based on Roquan making him look better. 

He is only 24 and has flashed some. 

2 minutes ago, C$! said:

He was tracking down before Smith came to Baltimore. He is still young but I don't know... this one worries me a bit

Living in the DMV area a lot of the opinion was he was getting asked to do way too much prior to Smith getting there.

From PFF: Queen’s pass-rushing prowess is not captured below (much like Carolina Panthers linebacker Frankie Luvu highlighted above), but it carries significant value in addition to his strong play against the run and in coverage over the past two seasons. His 48 quarterback pressures and eight sacks over the past two seasons are both second among off-ball linebackers.

CBS.com: The top linebacker available in free agency, Queen was a second-team All-Pro last season after having 133 tackles, six passes defensed, and an interception for the Ravens

Ravens loss is the Steelers gain.

I get the “he didn’t break out until he played next to Roquan” take, but it’s not like he’ll be surrounded by scrubs here.

Playing behind Benton, Cam, potentially a guy like Armstead…and then add TJ, Highsmith, JPJ, and Minkah. I think he will be fine.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ward4HOF said:

Plus...knowing Khan, the Salary Cap #s will look higher than what they truly are, more than likely.

Probably something like $9/$17/$17 for cap hits

8 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

I get the “he didn’t break out until he played next to Roquan” take, but it’s not like he’ll be surrounded by scrubs here.

Playing behind Benton, Cam, potentially a guy like Armstead…and then add TJ, Highsmith, JPJ, and Minkah. I think he will be fine.

He wasn't surrounded by scrubs there either, though.

When he was the guy in the middle, he was at best okay. When Roquan took over as the Alpha and pushed him to secondary role, he got better. 

Genuinely, I would be very happy to be completely made a fool for questioning it, but I'm very worried we bought high on a guy who overplayed his worth because of the addition of an all-world player. 

• Like 1