Future Super Bowl halftime performers.

pf9

I do agree that they could rotate more cities as hosts in theory. Nashville would be the city most able to host one considering how much they've blown up in the last 10 years.

8 hours ago, Tugboat said:

Just a quick googling confirms that Green Bay itself has ~4,000-5,000 hotel rooms.  That's...not nearly enough.  Not even close.  Not for an 80k seat stadium like Lambeau.  You're not going to have the "event" you want if most of the attendees and support staff have to stay 100+ miles away in Milwaukee to handle the overflow.  Which is still probably even questionable in terms of capacity.  Some places are just simply not built to handle mass tourism "Events".

I gave you a football, because I think your entire post is great, but I'm cutting out this one snippet because although you are 100% right in everything imo, isn't this specific line kind of the

"But that difference to me means that it's not a "we can't", its really just kind of a money/profitability thing, it seems."

that I was mentioning?

----

Again, I do understand the "super bowl is too big" take and "let's make less money guys" is a fireable position to take to the owners. 

But part of that, imo, is BECAUSE we have made it such a spectacle with a unique city and all the music and events that come with it.

My take was - If we agree that the SB is too big and they aren't going to downsize to fit Green Bay, then why not move the AFC / NFC games to a better location (maybe NCAA final four style) and make a whole week out of it? Maybe you could do the same with the earlier playoff games having a special city host the AFC div round and another host the NFC div round, etc.

Like, if the goal is to make money, why not make the SB spectacle into an entire playoffs spectacle, starting by expanding into the conference championship games?

edit - sorry for weird formatting not sure how to reset bg of text

dbl edit - can't make a whole week out of it because it's two weeks between champ games and sb you donut Soggust, but I hope you guys get what i mean

11 hours ago, mse326 said:

The question was for pf9 for a reason. Were you under the impression I wasn't aware of the answer?

Oh. I think maybe I am the one who missed your point then.

What does it matter what the owners think, if you agree that they are biased in their decision making?

Edited by Soggust

17 minutes ago, Soggust said:

Oh. I think maybe I am the one who missed your point then.

What does it matter what the owners think, if you agree that they are biased in their decision making?

He said it's goofy that the NFL doesn't rotate the SB among all the teams. The point was it isn't goofy that the owners, all of them, want it to be where the NFL gets the most money from it to distribute to the teams. And that isn't biased decision making, that is business.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mse326 said:

He said it's goofy that the NFL doesn't rotate the SB among all the teams. The point was it isn't goofy that the owners, all of them, want it to be where the NFL gets the most money from it to distribute to the teams. And that isn't biased decision making, that is business.

I guess I tend to think it's both, and that what's best for the bottom line is not always best for the sport, but fair enough!

10 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

It's not about business. For pf9...

fair-two-face.gif

For me too haha!!

It felt like we had like over 30 pages discussing possibility of losing HFA in the playoffs when the Hamlin injury (death?) happened.

But in the single most important game of the year, in which legacies are built, we're just kind of unanimously like - "but what about the brand value for the billionaires?!?" lol

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, mse326 said:

Then again, money causes more problems than it solves.

Eminem said it best about money: [Forget]* money, I don't rap for dead presidents.

*The actual word Eminem said can't be printed.

Edited by pf9