Future Super Bowl halftime performers.

pf9

The locations of the next three Super Bowls have been set.

I've been saying for years the musical performers at the Super Bowl - not just the halftime show acts - should be ones with ties to the areas where the games are played.

So, I would like to see Better Than Ezra for 59, Metallica for 60 (as the official beginning of 40th anniversary celebrations for Master of Puppets), and Guns N' Roses for 61 (to mark Axl Rose's 65th birthday and launch 40th anniversary celebrations for Appetite for Destruction). The latter in particular would be fitting since "Welcome to the Jungle" is popular at sports events.

54 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

I’d like to see artists in their primes instead of people who were washed 25 years ago 

You mean pf9 stroll down memory lane of 80's rock in the year 2024, isn't your cup of tea? Color me shocked.😎

Nice bands pf9, but it's too late, those ships have sailed.

GNR is still my favorite band, but I'd rather watch Tupac and Michael Jackson's holograms perform before having to listen to Axl Rose. His voice is ruined. Jerry Rice coming out of retirement today would be a better performer than Rose is today.

If we are getting old bands to play I have heard Iron Maiden puts on a hell of a show. Brother said it was the best one he has ever seen. The music was great, production was even better, and he said he'd love to just watch the concert on DVD.

Pink has a lot of hits and is suppose to really put on a show. She's been on long enough she could pull in a lot of stars.

Speaking of pulling on stars, Ludacris could have a wicked set just off of songs he has just been a feature on. His raps are usually the highlight of those songs.

Breaking Benjamin was fantastic live, saw Puddle of Mudd, Breaking Benjamin, and Three Days Grace all together and they all brought one another on as a guest for a song and all did a cover. Wouldn't be as well received most likely but live they sounded great.

Not a big fan of Drake but apparently he does really well live and puts on a performance. Suppose to be a hell of a showman and they put a lot of effort into the theatrics of it.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, pf9 said:

I've been saying for years the musical performers at the Super Bowl - not just the halftime show acts - should be ones with ties to the areas where the games are played.

So, I would like to see Better Than Ezra for 59, Metallica for 60 (as the official beginning of 40th anniversary celebrations for Master of Puppets), and Guns N' Roses for 61 (to mark Axl Rose's 65th birthday and launch 40th anniversary celebrations for Appetite for Destruction). The latter in particular would be fitting since "Welcome to the Jungle" is popular at sports events.

So, it’s not just your sports takes that are bad.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, pf9 said:

no-nope.gif