Bears are OTC  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who Do the Bears Pick?

• Caleb Williams
    • Jaden Daniels
    • Drake Maye
    • JJ McCarty

12 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

When was the last time the pick was announced before the draft? That has happened right? Or am I dreaming?

Used to happen.  The NFL started discouraging it, so it doesn't happen anymore.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

Used to happen.  The NFL started discouraging it, so it doesn't happen anymore.

If I recall correctly, it was basically because the team that had the #1 pick was allowed to negotiate contracts with the player they were selecting even before the draft, and then one year, there were like 2 or 3 picks that had basically already signed their deals before the draft even started...so, they cut that off.

• Like 1

1.1 Chicago Bears: Caleb Williams QB, USC
1.2 Washington Commanders: Jayden Daniels, QB, LSU
1.3 New England Patriots: OTC

We're onto the next one.

Keeping it all to a single thread now. 

[EDIT] It isn't clearing out the polls so people who voted previously couldn't vote again so starting a new thread.

i'll guess that WASH takes Maye, the long ranked #2 QB from this class and that the recent anti-hype against him is smoky in nature.

i can see Daniels dropping, ripe for someone like Vegas to move up for him (not in this mock though) or for the NYG's to go that way if they go QB.

we'll see if enough voters agree though, lol.

42 minutes ago, swede700 said:

If I recall correctly, it was basically because the team that had the #1 pick was allowed to negotiate contracts with the player they were selecting even before the draft, and then one year, there were like 2 or 3 picks that had basically already signed their deals before the draft even started...so, they cut that off.

That rings a bell...and then the rookie wage scale was introduced at some later point.

They will take QB and I think they take Daniels, as he fits best in the Mold of QBs that Kingsbury wants to work with. Furthermore, a functioning QB running game could be a plus for a defensive minded headcoach.

However, any QB they pick will not have it easy...

• Like 2