Should We Trade Up?

Trade up?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Trade #12, 2025 and 2026 1st Round Picks for QB?

• Yes
    • No

I think if one of McCarthy or Maye make it past the Giants at 6, we could try to move up. I do not think we will go to 3 or 4.

I'm not 100% the Pats don't move back, that's been their MO for a long time (and even through BB is gone, a lot of the guys who learned under him are running that show now) and if they don't love one of the QBs and get an offer, say from Minnesota, they can't refuse, I wouldn't be surprised to see them move back a bit and stack their roster. Kraft isn't going to be impatient, he knows the rebuild will take a while and I assume he gives Wolfe/Mayo/et. al. plenty of time. 

In yesterday's presser - and there is nothing more useless the pre-draft press conference - Sean and George both said they have a lot of contingency plans in place and confirmed they have had discussions with multiple teams about moving up and about moving back. 

5 hours ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

In yesterday's presser - and there is nothing more useless the pre-draft press conference - Sean and George both said they have a lot of contingency plans in place and confirmed they have had discussions with multiple teams about moving up and about moving back. 

Paton: “I would just say if it’s a player that you think can change the landscape of your organization moving forward, like quarterback, then you do whatever it takes to get him. If there’s consensus in the building, a love in the building, you’re aggressive and you try to get him. It doesn’t mean you’re going to get him, but you try. So we’re open to everything. We’re wide open.”

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/broncos-make-it-clear-that-theyll-try-to-trade-up-for-quarterback-they-love

14 minutes ago, BroncoSojia said:

I'm not going to try to peel anything from a GM/HC press conference, especially at this time of the year.

What? You don't think they'll reveal all their pre-draft plans?☺️

• Like 2

4 hours ago, AKRNA said:

What? You don't think they'll reveal all their pre-draft plans?☺️

I think this next week, into the first four picks, is gonna be an absolute mess. More so than most years, the rhetoric will be out of control.

I don’t think Florio is saying anything profound  at all right there. Of course if there’s a QB they’re in love with then they’ll try to go get him. Whether there is, or if there is and they can, they’ll do it. 

And while I think it would be much smarter to build the roster first and have a support system for the QB in place, if Sean trades the farm for one of the QBs, I’ll give it a chance. 

• Like 1