Hasson Reddick Traded to Jets for 2026 Pick

9 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Pretty disappointing tbh. Makes me uneasy about EDGE.

I guess if you're in the camp that thinks Nolan Smith is a bust sure.

Huff/Sweat
Nolan/BG

That's solid for this season, still think we draft a high ceiling guy at some point day 3 this year though.

Sad to see him go but this clearly wasn’t a situation the eagles were going to win.

ill say if it becomes a 2nd in 2026 that’d be a heck of a move. Having potentially 3 firsts and 5 seconds in a span of 3 years is pretty amazing 

1 minute ago, EagleBlueDon said:

EDGE is a big need for now and the future. Sweat is here 1 more year and that looks like the end for him here, Nolan showed nothing and now he's our #3. Huff is like the only guy we're hanging our hat on for a couple or few years. Eagles got worse today. Now go do something with the money saved from Reddick.

EDGE is fine for this year. Just how much of a need it is beyond this season really depends if Nolan can actually develop. We still need to draft a guy high next year in all likelihood regardless of what Nolan does this year.

Just now, Danger said:

Huff/Sweat
Nolan/BG

That's solid for this season, still think we draft a high ceiling guy at some point day 3 this year though.

I’m going to get killed for this, but howie said Zach Baun was a targeted player for them that Vic fangio himself wanted

so not going to sit here and say he’s going to start or replace reddick (lol)

but I am going to say it’s absolutely noteworthy that they listed him as targeted, signed him day 1 

Just now, Danger said:

Huff/Sweat
Nolan/BG

He showed basically nothing and might as well had not been on the field. Not saying he can't be something, but I have to treat him as a non factor at this point. Idk who's left on the market but they need somebody now.

Just now, Last Stand said:

I’m going to get killed for this, but howie said Zach Baun was a targeted player for them that Vic fangio himself wanted

so not going to sit here and say he’s going to start or replace reddick (lol)

but I am going to say it’s absolutely noteworthy that they listed him as targeted, signed him day 1 

He's showing up as depth Off ball LB, not an EDGE LB. Apples to oranges?

https://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchart/PHI

Just now, EagleBlueDon said:

He showed basically nothing and might as well had not been on the field. Not saying he can't be something, but I have to treat him as a non factor at this point. Idk who's left on the market but they need somebody now.

yes yes he wasn't a DROY candidate jeez wow.

Just now, downundermike said:

This explains the lack of immediate compensation.  Freeing up the cap space is a win.  Now we can trade Bradberry.

What's the angle on trading Bradberry. i.e. what do we accomplish by doing so?

• Like 1

Reddick wanted out or to be paid more than is gonna make sense beyond this year.
We get a day 2 pick down the line
We aren't footing the bill for Reddick

Could be absolutely worse.

It's so funny that a month ago many of the same people who are panicking now that we traded Reddick were saying he was washed up because he fell off at the end of the season. Like if y'all are gonna be debbie downers can you at least be consistent about the way you do it?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Scalamania said:

We as fans don’t have to watch he get toasted every week is the main thing we accomplish. 

Nah we’re probably taking OL 

I thought they’d go edge but now im in the we’re going OL