Hasson Reddick Traded to Jets for 2026 Pick

2 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Horrible value taking a pick 2 years out, sorry. Created yet another need as though with the players that left via FA and retired wasn't already enough. 🤷‍♂️

What did we free up monetarily? This was clearly a money thing. What came off the books?

They had to draft an edge this year no matter what maybe 2 no one is signed past this season

7 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

Would be incredible 

If all of this was to extend Smitty / Trade for Surtain and give him a contract somehow? That would make sense.

Edited by Nabbs4u

4 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Horrible value taking a pick 2 years out, sorry. Created yet another need as though with the players that left via FA and retired wasn't already enough. 🤷‍♂️

What did we free up monetarily? This was clearly a money thing. What came off the books?

You just mad you’ll be in the old age home by the time they make that pick 😎

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

If all of this was to extend Smitty / Trade for Surtain and give him a contract somehow? That would make sense.

One of the many things Howie has shown us is he values CB a lot, but also doesn’t really trust himself or the scouting department to find the guy. And it’s not a huge damnation, it’s incredibly volatile position with a lot of busts. Especially in the first two rounds when they tend to go.

So yeah I think them trading for Surtain, Terrell, Marshon Lattimore, Jaycee Horn is a very Howie move in lieu of trading up from #22 to get a Rookie, which it looks like you’ll probably have to do to get one of the 4 CBs.

Broncos desperately want a QB. Surtain is probably better off as a trade chip in a package with #12. But it would be far from the first time it was two separate moves, acquire picks and then move up. #12 & #22 would put them neck and neck with the Vikings who now have #11 & #23 to move up into the top 4 for a QB.

Not getting my hopes up too much, but if they are adding another big contract outside of the Smitty extension…trading for a CB is the only obvious move I can see to use that space on. They aren’t trading for a LB, DT or probably Safety that would require a big extension outside of Budda Baker. Can’t think of an Edge who’s available / a UFA next year that’s worth it. It will be on the table to reunite Vic with Khalil Mack in free agency next year if we don’t take an EDGE this draft. 

• Like 2

Posted this in the other thread. 

I'm curious if Howie did Reddick a Solid intentionally trading him to the Jets to keep Hassan relatively close to home/family/friends? He was born and raised in Camden?

Rather then shipping him out to potential NFC teams like AZ, LA or ATL? 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Nabbs4u

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

Posted this in the other thread. 

I'm curious if Howie did Reddick a Solid intentionally trading him to the Jets to keep Hassan relatively close to home/family/friends? He was born and raised in Camden?

Rather then shipping him out to potential NFC teams like AZ, LA or ATL? 🤷‍♂️

I doubt that had anything to do with it.  I think the Burns deal trashed the market for Reddick and Sweat.  Will be curious to see what kind of contract they work out.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, FerrisBueller said:

With 31 Million in cap space remaining, signing Barkley to not go all in, makes no sense.  Hope you are correct on an impact CB move coming. 

Only thing I can think of Reddick behind the scenes was way more adamant he wasn’t going to play on his current deal no matter what.

So it wasn’t really much of a choice whether to move him or not. Since they clearly didn’t want to extend him.

• Like 1