Hasson Reddick Traded to Jets for 2026 Pick

7 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

I'm seeing conflicting reports on this. Some saying only a million and change saved and then this. Which is actually true? 

Its 14.5 million in cash savings, not cap savings.  Go read the replies to this tweet.

4 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Regardless of whatever we save from Reddick, I still expect a big move at corner. Feels like every beat writer pod I listen to has said to keep an eye on that. Feel like that tells me something plus it just makes sense.

In theory, who are the options. Surtain? The oft injured Jaycee Horn? Anyone else I'm forgetting?

43 minutes ago, Danger said:

In theory, who are the options. Surtain? The oft injured Jaycee Horn? Anyone else I'm forgetting?

The eagles have way too much money invested in corner they need to just draft one that isn't bad

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Danger said:

Marshon Lattimore, AJ Terrell

Drop down some levels someone like a Asante Samuel Jr., amongst others.

2 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

The eagles have way too much money invested in corner they need to just draft one that isn't bad

Unfortunately that's on par with say the Browns drafting a good QB. I'm sure it will happen at some point, just unlikely. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Danger said:

There's the names ppl have listed and trade candidates pop up every off season that nobody expects. This defense just doesn't feel complete to me tbh. The draft will help and we need more youth to develop/slow-drip into the D, but it feels like it needs more veteran, established presence. Losing Cox and Reddick, and all of their establishment is a big deal to me.

17 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

There's the names ppl have listed and trade candidates pop up every off season that nobody expects. This defense just doesn't feel complete to me tbh. The draft will help and we need more youth to develop/slow-drip into the D, but it feels like it needs more veteran, established presence. Losing Cox and Reddick, and all of their establishment is a big deal to me.

Not super worried about DT or the D-Line in general this season.

The weird thing about the defense is we have a lot of potential guys who could step up at pretty much every position, but the question is which ones and how many?

24 minutes ago, Danger said:

Not super worried about DT or the D-Line in general this season.

The weird thing about the defense is we have a lot of potential guys who could step up at pretty much every position, but the question is which ones and how many?

This in essence is the inherent issue with going "younger". The masses always want to complain about wasting rookie seasons on draft picks because Veteran Players on a SB Contender who are simply better or at least establish/proven are getting all the reps. Can't have both.

Now if this ends up being the season where the Eagles go "Young", those same people complaining better be willing to take thier lumps if those same players don't have the productivity or seasons the Kelce's,  Cox's, Edwards,  Reddick's and Bradberry's had in seasons past.

Edited by Nabbs4u

2 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Verse and Turner should both be gone by pick 16, but Laiatu might/should slide to us.

After hearing Solak and this other dude gush about him, as well as the Reddick trade, and Sweat maybe leaving after this season, I'd be all for drafting him. And his slide to 22 can be explained by injury concerns, which are valid.