First Round Mock with Trades:

1. Chicago Bears: Caleb Williams QB USC

- Easy pick. Will most likely be a starter in this league for 8-10 years. Is he a blue chip caliber QB? Will find out eventually. 

2. Washington Commanders: Jayden Daniels QB LSU

- I for one don't like Daniels better than Penix, Maye, or even McCarthy. Commanders will find out the hard way as he performed best against bad teams with elite talent around him. He's an OK passer that's terribly compared to Lamar (no where near the upside athletically or passing). Tyrod Taylor 2.0 sadly. Ben Johnson was right to decline this job. 

3. New England Patriots: JJ McCarthy QB Michigan

- First "surprise" of the draft but possibly not. I think Mayo will be looking for athleticism, intangibles, and clutch factor. Although McCarthy never jumped out on the stat sheet - he's athletic and smart with a strong arm. He made the big throws when needed in the big moments in big games. I think that's exactly what New England will want in their next QB. 

4. Arizona Cardinals: Marvin Harrison Jr WR Ohio State

- I think Arizona will be tempted by a trade with Minnesota but also doesn't want to risk the opportunity to move from 4 to 11 and potentially missing out on 1 of the 3 elite receiver prospects in the draft. 

5. TRADE*** LA Chargers trade #5 pick and 5th rounder in 2025 to Minnesota for Picks #11 and #23 2024 draft, 2025 4th round pick. 

Vikings: Drake Maye QB North carolina 

- I think the Vikings covet Maye for a reason and that's because they believe their intel tells them they have a great shot at Maye over McCarthy. I think Maye truly is this drafts' Justin Herbert but some are skeptical at his inconsistencies. Minnesota is a great spot for him with a good OL, excellent receivers and offensive oriented coach. 

6. NY Giants: Malik Nabers WR LSU

- I think the Giants would like a QB but may want to get the most out of their guy Jones bc of his 2022 season. 

7. Tennessee Titans: Joe Alt T Notre Dame

- Will Levis showed promise his rookie year but that OL was terrible. Need to continue to build the trenches. 

8. Atlanta: Dallas Turner EDGE Alabama

- Atlanta has an already promising roster offensively and some pieces on defense. Adding a promising pass rushing talent will only increase their odds of winning the south. 

9. TRADE: LV Raiders trade pick # 13 and 2nd round selection to Bears for the 9th pick. 

Raiders : Michael Penix Jr QB Washington

- I think the Bears see this as an opportunity to entertain trade up offers for Seattle and LV to jump the Broncos who lack draft assets. Raiders get Penix who's cleared all the medical evaluations on his knee and shoulder and is a heck of a passer with excellent down field accuracy. 

10. NY Jets: Brock Bowers TE 

- Jets should take Fashanu but their signings of Smith and Moses (trade) tell me they're getting win now players. Browers will give Rodgers that weapon over the middle of the field immediately. 

11. LA Chargers (via MIN Vikings): Rome Odunze WR Washington

- Chargers get a physical receiver with great hands and route running ability. True #1 receiver for Herbert on the outside.

12. Denver Broncos: Bo Nix QB Oregon

- I feel like this is a have to selection over what they should do. He's the QB i feel will be over drafted bc Payton has no choice. He fits in the quick read offense that requries a 1-2 release decision maker. 

13. Chicago Bears (via LV Raiders): Jerad Verse Edge Florida State

- Bears could elect to get an OL but they mostly need to address the interior. Verse is a much better prospect than some are second guessing and he just knows how to play football. 

14. New Orleans Saints: Olu Fashanu T Penn State

- Fashanu is well developed as a pass protecting OL for his age. Could use some improvement in the run game but will develop into an elite pass protector. 

15. Indianapolis Colts: Quinyon Mitchell CB Toledo

- Colts need some help in the secondary and get the best DB in the draft. Mitchell is fast, phyiscal and can create TO's..

16. Seattle Seahawks: Tallese Fuaga T/G Oregon State

- Plug and play OL at RT or Guard. Seahawks get more physical with 3 solid running backs. Slowly build their franchise into a physical football roster. 

17. Jacksonville Jaguars: Tarion Arnold CB Alabama

- Jags need significant help at Corner and Arnold is a physical corner who has played well at nickel and outside. 

18. Cincinatti Bengals: JC Latham T Alabama

- I think continuing to solidify the OL for Burrow is a must. He's coming off a season ending injury (again). Latham will be able to fill the void at RT long term

19. LA Rams: Lautu Latu Edge UCLA

- I think Latu is the best edge rusher in the draft but may slip due to the medical concerns or unknown of a second contract. Rams need to try and fill some of the void (no one will ever replace Donald) they're losing up front. 

20. Pittsburgh Steelers: Austin Jackson Powers C Oregon

- Steelers need a physical presence to protect one of their new QB's. Powers fills that void at C and will bring back physical football to Pittsburgh again. 

21. Miami Dolphins: Troy Fautanu G/T Washington

- Fautanu would most likely transition inside at G from LT. Fautanu is a beast and will bring much needed run blocking physicality to the Fins who lacked the ability to win in the trenches. 

22. Philadelphia Eagles: Kool Aid McKinstrie CB Alabama

- Eagles flat out need help in the secondary - at corner specifically. His floor is going to be a good corner. May never be an elite one - but I think he'll excel in man coverage. 

23. LA Chargers via Minnesota: Graham Barton G Duke

- Here comes the nasty Harbaugh wants. Barton will slide inside and be a starter from day one. 

24. Dallas Cowboys: Brian Thomas WR LSU

- Why not go and give Dak another weapon? Thomas is a burner and excellent receiver that seems to have fallen way too far. 

25. Green Bay: Cooper Dejean CB/S Iowa

- Ball hawk in the secondary. That is all I can say here. Fits this secondary like a glove. 

26. Tampa Bay Buccaneers : Chop Robinson EDGE Penn State

- Raw pass rush prospect who's athletically gifted. Won't start right away but has great upside. Boom or bust potential. 

27. Arizona Cardinals (via Houston 2023): Byron Murphy DT Texas

- Arizona could elect to beef up that front 7. With another pick at 35 - they'll start attacking that department. Murphy is a beast. 

28. Buffalo: Adonai Mitchell WR Texas: 

- Buffalo could go a few directions but WR is a glaring need. Diggs flat out disappeared last year and honestly - would serve them best to deal him on draft weekend for a day 2 pick. Mitchell has elite upside but needs to focus a bit better when it comes to drops. 

29. Detroit Lions: Nate Wiggins CB Clemson

- Its no secret the Lions can go DL or CB - but they were bleeding talent on the outside in the secondary. Trading for Dean and getting a physical corner at the other position helps. Dean only has a year left on his contract as well. 

30. Baltimore Ravens: Tyler Guyton T Oklahoma

- They lost Moses to a trade and need a RT to develop or start right away to keep Jackson upright. 

31. San Fransisco 49ers: Denarious Robinson Edge Missouri: 

- Will need to replace Armstead and Young. Robinson is a good fit in their 4-3 scheme who can play inside on passing downs as well. 

32. Kansas City Chiefs: Ladd McConkey WR Georgia

- I actually love this fit for the Chiefs. McConkey is a matchup nightmare inside and out with excellent speed and route running ability. 

Solid pick for the Falcons but would much rather take Latu there as he is the best edge in the class to me and i would take Verse over Turner as well.   Honestly if the Falcons are smart they trade down some get a 2nd round pick and then take one of the 3 in the teens.   That raiders trade would have been 100% perfect for us and then take latu.

Although i would love to trade with the bengals as well if they want Fashanu and we take latu there + picks.

Also Latu is very familiar with our defensive scheme and coaches.  He was recruited to washington to play for Lakes our current DC and his head coach then in this exact scheme. 

Edited by FalconFan13

1 hour ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

8. Atlanta: Dallas Turner EDGE Alabama

- Atlanta has an already promising roster offensively and some pieces on defense. Adding a promising pass rushing talent will only increase their odds of winning the south. 

Yup. this works. Makes sense and good value.

20 hours ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

2. Washington Commanders: Jayden Daniels QB LSU

- I for one don't like Daniels better than Penix, Maye, or even McCarthy. Commanders will find out the hard way as he performed best against bad teams with elite talent around him. He's an OK passer that's terribly compared to Lamar (no where near the upside athletically or passing). Tyrod Taylor 2.0 sadly. Ben Johnson was right to decline this job. 

No clue who from Washington's franchise hurt you, but your trauma is showing. 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, TankWilliams said:

I'd be pretty surprised if the Bears don't stay put at 9 if Rome Odunze is there, but in this scenario I'd be good with Jared Verse at 13.  

I am with you but at the same time - they don't have many picks throughout the draft. They still need to shore up their interior OL, front 7 and secondary. They still have plenty of holes on this roster.

6 minutes ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

I mean they hired an NBA executive to run an NFL franchise. Then hired Kliff Kingsbury as their OC when he's been trash everywhere coached - even with Mahomes. 

Oh… so you just don’t even know what’s going on.

why didn’t you just say that?

• Like 2

Just now, RedandPewterReturns said:

I am with you but at the same time - they don't have many picks throughout the draft. They still need to shore up their interior OL, front 7 and secondary. They still have plenty of holes on this roster.

Don't be surprised if they stick with what they have at OL.  It was a bit underrated last year outside of center, Fields made them seem a lot worse statistically than they actually were because he held on to the ball so damn long, and then they acquired 2 new capable (though unspectacular) centers. I could see them maybe taking Joe Alt if he falls and the WRs are all gone, but they do seem to really like Braxton Jones, so I'm guessing the starting 5 is set.  

I also would be surprised to see them put any early emphasis on the secondary since they locked up Jaylon Johnson long term, have 2 other second round picks at corner in Tyrique Stevenson & Kyler Gordon who both look on the upswing, and they also signed Kevin Byard to take over for Eddie Jackson. 

This team will surprise some folks I think, as long as Caleb Williams translates at all in his first season.  Biggest need currently is definitely is another pass rusher, however the strategy so far this offseason has clearly been to make the NFL transition for Caleb to be as easy and smooth as possible, and while Keenan Allen is great, probably wont be around long term, so grabbing another WR seems to be high on the list.  

1 hour ago, TOUCAN said:

Oh… so you just don’t even know what’s going on.

why didn’t you just say that?

Kliff was a great hire? yeah...no. 

Washington has an intriguing roster i'll say. Not sure what to think of Quinn but his best years were with Shanny. 

Lot not to like about Daniels. I just don't see it. S. Alabama state isn't going to be on his schedule to get 8 TDs again.