Rashee Rice Thread

39 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

Still doesn’t prove he was driving at all

You let a lot of your friends straddle you to get out of the car? Him admitting confirms it, but it certainly could have been implied.

2 hours ago, EMAW_KSU said:

You let a lot of your friends straddle you to get out of the car? Him admitting confirms it, but it certainly could have been implied.

But at the end of the day it’s all about what you can prove, not what’s implied. It’s easy to prove you were driving if you admit you were, then it is off a video of you getting out the backseat of a suv. which is why I found it strange to admit culpability immediately, rule one is you don’t until you’re guilty plea normally. 

But hey whatever take your lumps and learn. Nobody got seriously hurt luckily thank god

Edited by Chiefer

https://fox4kc.com/sports/chiefs/arrest-warrant-out-for-chiefs-wr-rashee-rice-after-dallas-crash/

I hate to be the one to say, I told you so. Now is all about plea deals. I do find it interesting that if he was cooperating so much, that they wouldn’t have just had him come in.

I would say, we should plan on life without Rashee, for the immediate future.  If that’s a 1 year deal for Boyd who’s ready to play, or trying to find a more “pro-ready” WR like McConkey who some love, but just isn’t one of my favorites…I’m sure brass is already way ahead on this. 

Interestingly thought in this is, what happens with Rashee while this is ongoing? Commish Exempt list? Can’t remember if they can or can’t be with the team, I’m almost positive that they can’t.

Edited by EMAW_KSU

14 minutes ago, EMAW_KSU said:

I hate to be the one to say, I told you so.

Little early for that. I'm still doubtful the two serious charges wind up sticking. Much still hinges on whether they can get the "serious bodily injury" bit to stick. After either a plea deal or a trial. And you were speculating that he'd get hit with like, DWI or child endangerment. Still nothing on that level here.

The team shouldn't do anything with Rice right now, though. It's the offseason. Nothing to be gained really. If it was midseason, the team tends to like to stay ahead of these things. Right now, no point to do anything but wait.

https://fox4kc.com/sports/chiefs/arrest-warrant-out-for-chiefs-wr-rashee-rice-after-dallas-crash/

I hate to be the one to say, I told you so. Now is all about plea deals. I do find it interesting that if he was cooperating so much, that they wouldn’t have just had him come in.

I would say, we should plan on life without Rashee, for the immediate future.  If that’s a 1 year deal for Boyd who’s ready to play, or trying to find a more “pro-ready” WR like McConkey who some love, but just isn’t one of my favorites…I’m sure brass is already way ahead on this. 

Interestingly thought in this is, what happens with Rashee while this is ongoing? Commish Exempt list? Can’t remember if they can or can’t be with the team, I’m almost positive that they can’t.

The NfL doesn’t do anything until after the trial is concluded. Doubtful this leads to an exempt listing. That seems to be reserved for extreme charges, he didn’t kill anybody or beat his s/o, he just ran from a crash where somebody got hurt and required stitches. 

Prosecutors regularly overcharge in cases like this and then settle after some lawyering. I’m expecting that, it’s doubtful all these charges stick all the way through. 

I think Boyd was already on the radar, and a 1st round pick is for sure in the table 

2 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

Decent early thread worth reading, kind of matches my early thoughts:

So I’ve heard that in cases like this if an injury results in stitches that they’ll throw that SBI charge in there. I think because he ran they’re literally throwing the book at him and hitting him with as much as they can. 

Maximum sentence of 35 years, which I think we all agree is unlikely. But with this list, I’m not sure I’m ready to write off any jail time.  It would shock me to see aggravated assault dropped to DUI or DWI with a guilty plea etc.

SBI could also come from concussion because we all know the after affects that can cause.

6 hours ago, fattlipp said:

Smells like 2 years in jail… parole after 18 months with good behavior. Then another year suspension from NFL.

Smells like two years of probation and 90 days of public service, fines, a suspended license, and a much stiffer penalty from the NFL. 

39 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

Smells like two years of probation and 90 days of public service, fines, a suspended license, and a much stiffer penalty from the NFL. 

I hope your right for the teams sake.  I just look at 3 current felony level charges and think, even with a plea down, the fact that the young men deserve ZERO benefit of the doubt due to their actions.

I hope your right for the teams sake.  I just look at 3 current felony level charges and think, even with a plea down, the fact that the young men deserve ZERO benefit of the doubt due to their actions.

Zero is unnecessarily harsh.

That this is the first such offense matters a lot. Stupid is a lot different from willful disregard. The state will be more interested in getting him off the streets and into counseling than adding an inmate to an overcrowded system. 

See this article.
https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/defense_attorney_reveals_expected_result_for_chiefs_rashee_rice/s1_17150_40224072

Defense attorney Drew Davenport says that prison is

Unlikely. The charges are serious, but keep in mind the biggest factor in any criminal case – what is your history? I don’t remember Rice having any prior criminal or traffic history. That matters. A lot.

Edited by onejayhawk