Jets college players they have contacted

Big T

• Micah Abraham, Cornerback, Marshall (T30)
  • Joe Alt^, Offensive Tackle, Notre Dame (COM, T30)
  • Jayden Daniels, Quarterback, LSU (COM)
  • Troy Fautanu^, Offensive Guard, Washington (PRO, T30)
  • Anthony Goodlow, Defensive End, Oklahoma State (VIR)
  • Jaden Hicks^, Safety, Washington State (COM, T30)
  • Michael Hiers, Quarterback, Samford (T30)
  • Javontae Jean-Baptiste, 3-4 Outside Linebacker, Notre Dame (T30)
  • Drake Maye, Quarterback, North Carolina (COM)
  • Braiden McGregor, Defensive End, Michigan (VIR)
  • Max Melton, Cornerback, Rutgers (LOC)
  • Jordan Morgan, Offensive Tackle, Arizona (T30)
  • Malik Nabers^, Wide Receiver, LSU (PRO, T30)
  • Bo Nix, Quarterback, Oregon (COM)
  • Rome Odunze, Wide Receiver, Washington (T30)
  • Michael Pratt, Quarterback, Tulane (T30)
  • Brenden Rice, Wide Receiver, USC (T30)
  • Chop Robinson, Outside Linebacker, Penn State (T30)
  • Justin Rogers, Nose Tackle, Auburn (VIR)
  • Roger Rosengarten, Offensive Tackle, Washington (PRO)
  • Ainias Smith, Wide Receiver, Texas A&M (VIR)
  • Maason Smith, Defensive Tackle, LSU (T30)
  • Jordan Travis, Quarterback, Florida State (T30)

If there are others and generally there are like Kamara who the Jets had a T30 meeting with, add them here. Generally speaking, when compiling these lists over the years, 1-3 wind up on the Jets.

As I only can speculate, I would say one of the later round QB's are future Jets, of all that are mentioned above 4 are WR's but oddly enough no TE's appear.

Love that we brought in Bo Nix and Jordan Travis. If we happen to end up with a second, he could be a great grab otherwise I'm fine with using a Day 3 pick on Jordan Travis.

Brendan Rice is also intriguing. Dude has entirely forgettable production as USC, but I guess you can't turn down getting a better look at the son of the greatest NFL player of all time.

On 4/12/2024 at 8:06 AM, Big T said:
  • Micah Abraham, Cornerback, Marshall (T30)
  • Joe Alt^, Offensive Tackle, Notre Dame (COM, T30)
  • Jayden Daniels, Quarterback, LSU (COM)
  • Troy Fautanu^, Offensive Guard, Washington (PRO, T30)
  • Anthony Goodlow, Defensive End, Oklahoma State (VIR)
  • Jaden Hicks^, Safety, Washington State (COM, T30)
  • Michael Hiers, Quarterback, Samford (T30)
  • Javontae Jean-Baptiste, 3-4 Outside Linebacker, Notre Dame (T30)
  • Drake Maye, Quarterback, North Carolina (COM)
  • Braiden McGregor, Defensive End, Michigan (VIR)
  • Max Melton, Cornerback, Rutgers (LOC)
  • Jordan Morgan, Offensive Tackle, Arizona (T30)
  • Malik Nabers^, Wide Receiver, LSU (PRO, T30)
  • Bo Nix, Quarterback, Oregon (COM)
  • Rome Odunze, Wide Receiver, Washington (T30)
  • Michael Pratt, Quarterback, Tulane (T30)
  • Brenden Rice, Wide Receiver, USC (T30)
  • Chop Robinson, Outside Linebacker, Penn State (T30)
  • Justin Rogers, Nose Tackle, Auburn (VIR)
  • Roger Rosengarten, Offensive Tackle, Washington (PRO)
  • Ainias Smith, Wide Receiver, Texas A&M (VIR)
  • Maason Smith, Defensive Tackle, LSU (T30)
  • Jordan Travis, Quarterback, Florida State (T30)

If there are others and generally there are like Kamara who the Jets had a T30 meeting with, add them here. Generally speaking, when compiling these lists over the years, 1-3 wind up on the Jets.

As I only can speculate, I would say one of the later round QB's are future Jets, of all that are mentioned above 4 are WR's but oddly enough no TE's appear.

Fautanu actually has a visit scheduled for the 17th

Mo Kamara visiting the Jets, on tape coming out of college is a better player than Bryce Huff. Better bend, stronger athlete and non stop motor, the only issue is that he is older at 24 and is going to be 25. But drafting him (3-4th rounds) should not be an issue and in fact could be beneficial as he would be pushing 30 on a second contract.

The question has to be is there a team willing to take the chance on him at his age and why playing for the Jets could work out for him better than other teams. The Jets use a rotational system and have been successful in developing players Huff, JFM, and Williams come to mind. So Mo Kamara could be a good pick up here.

Latham OT Alabama  who is my favorite, is visiting the Jets for 2 days, including today. 

56 minutes ago, Big T said:

Mo Kamara visiting the Jets, on tape coming out of college is a better player than Bryce Huff. Better bend, stronger athlete and non stop motor, the only issue is that he is older at 24 and is going to be 25. But drafting him (3-4th rounds) should not be an issue and in fact could be beneficial as he would be pushing 30 on a second contract.

The question has to be is there a team willing to take the chance on him at his age and why playing for the Jets could work out for him better than other teams. The Jets use a rotational system and have been successful in developing players Huff, JFM, and Williams come to mind. So Mo Kamara could be a good pick up here.

Latham OT Alabama  who is my favorite, is visiting the Jets for 2 days, including today. 

I would not waste a pick on him that early. This team has more needs on the OL, WR, RB, QB and even CB if Reed goes next year. The LB spot needs a good depth guy too. This team is a win now motion and taking and older edge guy in the 3rd 4th round will not help at all. Sure a few years down the road but this team can't wait for that. This pick should be used for a QB to work with. 

• Like 1

On 4/17/2024 at 9:03 AM, jetfuel34 said:

I would not waste a pick on him that early. This team has more needs on the OL, WR, RB, QB and even CB if Reed goes next year. The LB spot needs a good depth guy too. This team is a win now motion and taking and older edge guy in the 3rd 4th round will not help at all. Sure a few years down the road but this team can't wait for that. This pick should be used for a QB to work with. 

I agree with you, some draft boards have him being picked as high as the third round, while others have him in the 5-6th rounds.