Eagles extend Devonta Smith (3 / 75)

Forge

Just now, renndawg37 said:

What about it? They can get out after 2 years at essentially no cost and they still have the 3rd most cap space in the league lol...

It's simply too much money for a WR in Ridley's tier and I think everyone would agree. When the best thing one can say about a player/contract is the fact you can get out of it in 2 years time is not a good thing.

• Like 7

Just now, General Tso said:

Jeez.. what is St Brown going to make..

St. Brown
Aiyuk
Higgins
Lamb
Waddle
Chase
Jefferson

A long list, hence why I said this deal genuinely feels like a steal.

Just now, RaidersAreOne said:

It's simply too much money for a WR in Ridley's tier and I think everyone would agree. When the best thing one can say about a player/contract is the fact you can get out of it in 2 years time is not a good thing.

He had the same production as Smith did last year lol 🤷 but I digress. Everybody the Titans get is overpaid or washed up, according to y'all. 

• Like 1

Just now, Danger said:

With the way Howie uses void years, but doesn't really go beyond his means, we have plenty of money to work with.

It's like he's taking out credit card loans he knows he'll be able to pay back without any issues to supplement current pay. It makes sense if you're getting a 10% pay raise every single year without fail.

I know you have plenty of money to work with because of void years, but the bill comes due at some point.

The Eagles currently have, in terms of average $/year:

2 top-5 paid WRs

a top-5 paid QB

a top-5 paid RB

a top-5 paid TE

the top paid LG

a top-5 paid C (Jason Kelce, who isn't even on the team but still counts a combined $26 mill against the cap over the next 2 years)

a top-2 paid RT

the 12th and 13th highest paid CBs

and the highest paid K

Like, there is no way this is sustainable.

• Like 6

Just now, minutemancl said:

I know you have plenty of money to work with because of void years, but the bill comes due at some point.

The Eagles currently have, in terms of average $/year:

2 top-5 paid WRs

a top-5 paid QB

a top-5 paid RB

a top-5 paid TE

the top paid LG

a top-5 paid C (Jason Kelce, who isn't even on the team but still counts a combined $26 mill against the cap over the next 2 years)

a top-2 paid RT

the 12th and 13th highest paid CBs

and the highest paid K

Like, there is no way this is sustainable.

Yeah and I'm sure in like 3 years, the Eagles will take their medicine for a year. But it's not a situation like the Saints where they're taking out loans to make credit card payments.

1 minute ago, RaidersAreOne said:

????????????

Jalen Hurts Contract Details, Salary Cap Charges, Bonus Money, and Contract History | Over The Cap

Jalen Hurts currently has a cap hit of just under $100 million in 2029. That will never happen though, because his contract will get restructured every year and the Eagles will still be paying him when he is 40. That's just what they do.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Danger said:

Wow, I'm surprised it's only 3 years and that it's only $25 per. I expected 4 years $108M

I'm guessing the train of thought is that he can get another big long term deal year later on by taking a shorter deal now.

Howie snuck the 5th year option in there also so it is 4 years 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, General Tso said:

Jeez.. what is St Brown going to make..

Similar but more than that if the lions were smart they'd offer 26 a year with like 52 guaranteed today.

Edited by ninjapirate
  • Like 1