7 DAYS Mock

9 hours ago, Tugboat said:

This is a weird one to process for the Jaguars.

I don't even hate the trade down, especially given the meat of this draft.  Looking at the way the board falls, it would be brilliant.  If they just took DeJean over Wiggins as the tiniest CB to ever cover.  He's just not a fit.  DeJean is a lot closer.  I'm afraid Jags brass might even prefer Koolaid.  But i ain't drinking that.

So idk...the trade-down is counterintuitive to me, but if the board fell that way and they're set on CB...that'd be great.  With an adjustment to the actual pick.  Give Wiggins to someone else.

I had it that JAX Was Valueing the PHI 2nd Rounder as well as the Dougie P / Howie R Connection. 

Personally I have DeJean Higher then Wiggins, However I think HIggins is going to be the better Outside Corner, Whereas Dejean is Going to be the Secondary play me anywhere Freak, but will be less as a bonafide Outside Corner. 

13 hours ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

That's the issue imo, it depends what style of 3-4 they're going to go with. 

1-gap 3-4 with alignment like this (with current players in alignment):

Strong-side 5T: Zach Harrison/LaCale London

Strong-side 1T: Grady Jarrett/Ta'Quon Graham

Weak-side 3T: David Onyemata/Kentavious Street

Strong Outside LB: Arnold Ebiketie/James Smith-Williams

Strong Inside LB: Troy Andersen/Nate Landman

Weak Inside LB: Kaden Elliss

Weak Outside LB: DRAFT PICK/Lorenzo Carter

In this situation, the WOLB spot is much better suited for Dallas Turner than Jared Verse.

I cannot get over how awful that trade value is for the Denver/Arizona trade. #12 and Surtain for #4 and #35? Where the trade up is for a QB? #12 and Surtain just for #4 might not even be enough for Arizona.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, scar988 said:

1-gap 3-4 with alignment like this (with current players in alignment):

Strong-side 5T: Zach Harrison/LaCale London

Strong-side 1T: Grady Jarrett/Ta'Quon Graham

Weak-side 3T: David Onyemata/Kentavious Street

Strong Outside LB: Arnold Ebiketie/James Smith-Williams

Strong Inside LB: Troy Andersen/Nate Landman

Weak Inside LB: Kaden Elliss

Weak Outside LB: DRAFT PICK/Lorenzo Carter

In this situation, the WOLB spot is much better suited for Dallas Turner than Jared Verse.

Fair Point. I think Verse has the most upside but def great take on the Turner vs Verse debate. 

33 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

I cannot get over how awful that trade value is for the Denver/Arizona trade. #12 and Surtain for #4 and #35? Where the trade up is for a QB? #12 and Surtain just for #4 might not even be enough for Arizona.

Surtain alone would equal both ARZ picks in the 1st. Having to only drop 8 Spots and only give up a 2nd for a player of that caliber is insane and crazy good value for ARZ. I understand the hard on everyone has for ARZ to stay to pick MHJr, but This is a crazy deep WR class. If you can get a guaranteed stud like Surtain and still get a high quality player in the 1st is a crazy good move w/ crazy good value. 

2 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

Surtain alone would equal both ARZ picks in the 1st. Having to only drop 8 Spots and only give up a 2nd for a player of that caliber is insane and crazy good value for ARZ. I understand the hard on everyone has for ARZ to stay to pick MHJr, but This is a crazy deep WR class. If you can get a guaranteed stud like Surtain and still get a high quality player in the 1st is a crazy good move w/ crazy good value. 

That is not remotely true.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

Jalen Ramsay - 2 1sts / 1 4th
Minkah Fitzpatrick - 1st / 5th / 6th

Surtain is closer to Ramsay at that time then Minkah at the time they were traded. So Yes the Value is correct. 

What overall # were those picks used in those trades?

6 hours ago, minutemancl said:

i was in our DEN forum today and they were discussing these values. they feel to trade up with AZ they'd have to give up four 1st round picks, and they would count Surtain as equal to two.

so yes, you are correct. #12 + Surtain + another 1st rounder.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

Fair Point. I think Verse has the most upside but def great take on the Turner vs Verse debate. 

Honestly, as long as the Falcons end up with one of the three between Turner, Verse and Latu, I won't be that upset. I just think based on schematic fit, it's probably:

Turner

Then Latu

Then Verse

5 hours ago, scar988 said:

Honestly, as long as the Falcons end up with one of the three between Turner, Verse and Latu, I won't be that upset. I just think based on schematic fit, it's probably:

Turner

Then Latu

Then Verse

How upset would you be if we pass on edge in the 1st for either  nabers, odunze, mitchell, or arnold.

19 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

How upset would you be if we pass on edge in the 1st for either  nabers, odunze, mitchell, or arnold.

Meh, depends on who they end up selecting there. I doubt they go WR or CB in the first, but we've seen things like that happen before.