2024 1st Round: (4) Los Angeles Clippers v (5) Dallas Mavericks

11sanchez11

4 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

I'm gonna need players to stop getting injured/being injured in the playoffs 

I wonder why. In the 90s you saw guys play 82 and never miss the playoffs. Now it’s a miracle. I wonder what’s up. Doctors are saying that the new athlete is far too explosive for their own bodies. And it can’t handle the force of take off. 

Also, the fall of Playoff P needs to be studied. Dude use to be a monster in the post season. Wonder if his hunger is gone. He mentioned after game 5 that’s he’s ok with losing. Idk man, would love to see him back in Indy. Paul has been my fav player the last 10 years. But the dude is just so mid come playoff time. He should be exploding for 30-40-50 point games because he has the game to back it up. 2-10 from 3 ain’t it. 

58 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

The Mavs desperately need a 3rd guy to compliment Luka and Kyrie. They need a porter jr type guy. They should throw the bag at Oubre. Would be the perfect piece. 

No thanks

7 hours ago, El Ramster said:

The Mavs desperately need a 3rd guy to compliment Luka and Kyrie. They need a porter jr type guy. They should throw the bag at Oubre. Would be the perfect piece. 

Oubre isn't the perfect piece for anything.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, El Ramster said:

Also, the fall of Playoff P needs to be studied. Dude use to be a monster in the post season. Wonder if his hunger is gone. He mentioned after game 5 that’s he’s ok with losing. Idk man, would love to see him back in Indy. Paul has been my fav player the last 10 years. But the dude is just so mid come playoff time. He should be exploding for 30-40-50 point games because he has the game to back it up. 2-10 from 3 ain’t it. 

Those were hard two-way minutes early in his career.  Also, hasn’t PG had a lot more surgeries than ppl think?  

1 minute ago, El Ramster said:

Oubre is the most gorgeous NbA player ever built. So you’re wrong there. He’s a Damm good 3ND guy. 

He's one of the worst high volume 3P shooters in the league. 31% over the last 2 season and in 3 of the last 4. The other season he shot 34%.

12 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

He's one of the worst high volume 3P shooters in the league. 31% over the last 2 season and in 3 of the last 4. The other season he shot 34%.

That’s not bad and he plays defense. Not many guys can shoot 40% and the quality of looks and pace plays a factor. Philly has 2 guys holding the ball for 23 seconds every time. You’re not getting great shots and what happened in char doesn’t count. Oubre is a very tal ten player and getting better and better. 

41 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

That’s not bad and he plays defense. Not many guys can shoot 40% and the quality of looks and pace plays a factor. Philly has 2 guys holding the ball for 23 seconds every time. You’re not getting great shots and what happened in char doesn’t count. Oubre is a very tal ten player and getting better and better. 

You're right, it's not bad...it's awful. 160 players shot enough 3s this season to qualify for 3P%. Oubre ranked 157th.

149 players shot enough 3s last season to qualify for 3P%. Oubre ranked 144th.

His career high in a season is 35.4%. The league average that season was 35.8%, so even his best season ever was below average. He's legitimately a bad shooter who just shoots it a lot.

I know you have a man-crush on him, but you're simply wrong about his 3P shooting.

18 hours ago, El Ramster said:

I wonder why. In the 90s you saw guys play 82 and never miss the playoffs. Now it’s a miracle. I wonder what’s up. Doctors are saying that the new athlete is far too explosive for their own bodies. And it can’t handle the force of take off. 

Each generation gets raised softer than the last. Too much softness in the league. 

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

You're right, it's not bad...it's awful. 160 players shot enough 3s this season to qualify for 3P%. Oubre ranked 157th.

149 players shot enough 3s last season to qualify for 3P%. Oubre ranked 144th.

His career high in a season is 35.4%. The league average that season was 35.8%, so even his best season ever was below average. He's legitimately a bad shooter who just shoots it a lot.

I know you have a man-crush on him, but you're simply wrong about his 3P shooting.

35% at volume is bad? You’re underselling his defense as well. Kelly nice. 

22 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

35% at volume is bad? You’re underselling his defense as well. Kelly nice. 

I haven't said a word about his defense.

That was also 5 years ago, and was a career high in a shortened season. His most recent 2 seasons he has been absolutely awful and he has never shown the sustained ability to be an above-average 3P shooter. In his absolute best season, he was below average. There's no getting around this. You either didn't realize or are just enthralled by his eyes so much you're willing to overlook it.