Zach Wilson to be traded to Denver

doumeyer

Jets shipped Zach Wilson to the Denver for a six-round pick. That and nothing is the same thing. Wilson will go down in Jet history as the worst, draft pick the Jets ever had. The only problem now is what are you guys do with all those Wilson jerseys you bought. Plus we still have to pay Denver 2 and a half million to finish the deal.

1 hour ago, doumeyer said:

Jets shipped Zach Wilson to the Denver for a six-round pick. That and nothing is the same thing. Wilson will go down in Jet history as the worst, draft pick the Jets ever had. The only problem now is what are you guys do with all those Wilson jerseys you bought. Plus we still have to pay Denver 2 and a half million to finish the deal.

I never buy a QB jersey for the Jets. The only one I bought was Rodgers and I have the Sauce jersey too when they drafted him. I NEVER liked Wilson and I remember getting heat for this. I wanted to keep Sam and trade the pick away. This would have been a lot better setup. I wanted TLaw but knew we lost it when the Jets one that game late in the year. I did not like this QB class of 2021 and wanted to go with Sam and drafted a QB in 2022. They missed on TLaw so why reach for a QB that would struggle. 

2 hours ago, JetsandI said:

Good thing that I don't own a single jersey.  Just general logo stuffs.

I only do throwback or custom. Not worth the risk with current players.

• Like 1

ZW was and is a failure on the Jets Organization, say what you will about him, the kid does have talent and in only a few games that talent was displayed. Now consider that the Jets wasted 2 no.1's on QB's the past 8 years, and never built the trenches for either one.

Be it ZW or SD the offensive line stunk and the OC stunk and in ZW's final year with the Jets after being benched, regulated to 3rd string, than made starter again the Jets OL gave up the most pressures and sacks of any team in the NFL.

All of the QB's went down with injuries last season and the season before was no cakewalk either. The OC was fired and replaced by someone who could turn out to be worse and who's only saving grace is AR.

So yes, ZW failed in N.Y. and so did Darnold, and so did GS, how many QB's do the Jets as an organization have to go through before they figure out that they have failed these QB's. I mean no one knows if any would have panned out...granted.

Likewise, since Brick and Mangold left the Jets, the OL has been a S...it Show. You may be able to say well the Jets did draft AVT and Becton but neither have been able to stay on the field. But other than those 2 draft wise the Jets have done nothing to make what was once a strength into a major weakness. 

Same holds true for AR, he was hurt because of an OL that sucked and was too old. Tell me, where are the starters from last year? Becton or Tomlinson or D. Brown ? Becton and Brown are gone and perhaps both careers have come to an end. Tomlinson signed elsewhere on a one year deal and as fro AVT the Jets are not going to guarantee his contract for a 5th year seeing he can't stay on the field. 

So its not all ZW fault. I have no hate for Wilson, but maybe the road Wilson has to take is the same as Baker Mayfield. Wouldn't it be something if ZW turns out to be everything the Jets envisioned but failed him because they mishandled the QB position for a decade.

15 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

All the people that were all in on Zach Wilson don’t even post anymore. He broke them lol

Not true, sadly, I was a fan of the pick.  I watched some of his games and came away thinking he could be a good QB.  I certainly did not buy into the underwear olympics garbage.  I never do because that is how you end up with a Gholston.  But, I really thought Zach was it.  Little did anyone know he was empty under the helmet and a wuss.  I truly believe if he was given time to develop NOT on the field AND they had weapons in place AND a real OL, he could have been OK.

It really is a crapshoot.  4 of the 5 FRP QB's that year were traded to other teams.  Even TLaw is not some superstar, decent, yes.  Go back and look at the entire 2021 first round and see how many "busts" there were.  That said, we did nothing to help Zach and started him day 1 with a new coaching staff, too many voices in his head, and a crap OL and WR.  He was setup to fail as most of the Jets pervious high QB picks have done.

This is why I am all for getting a day 3 QB this year and let him learn.  When or if he is ever ready, make sure the OL and weapons are in place.

• Like 1

I was surprised Broncos didn't make a trade for Mac Jones because I genuinely thought Jones would fit Sean Payton's offense.  Zach Wilson's style doesn't naturally fit in that system like a glove.  I wonder if Payton was still on Hackett thing. lol 

If Payton managed to get Wilson rolling in NFL then wow his massive egomaniac would be your adjective word.

He reminds me of Jeff George. You cannot be a good NFL starting quarterback on arm talent alone. Yeah he is athletic too, but those two traits are negated by one of the dumbest brains the position of quarterback has ever seen. Which is ironic because he went to BYU (same as Steve Young). And for my money, Steve Young was one of the smartest quarterbacks I ever watched. 

Good riddance to this clown.