DRAFT DAY ONE:

JetsandI

6 minutes ago, xrade said:

I just can't get over the 58% behind the LOS receptions.  Those YAC which he excelled at will be much harder to come by in the NFL.  Just resign Conklin next year.

It was 48% but still it’s a red flag but how much was that schematicly designed to try and open things up for others? Not saying it isn’t concerning but he’s made plenty of plays down field in his career so it’s not like he can’t 

2 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

It was 48% but still it’s a red flag but how much was that schematicly designed to try and open things up for others? Not saying it isn’t concerning but he’s made plenty of plays down field in his career so it’s not like he can’t 

Wasn’t he really poor at contested catches? He’s not going to run wild in the NFL, that’s my concern. And Hackett 

2 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

My bad but is still a lot.  Another thing to keep in mind with any TE is the learning curve being significantly higher.  In other words, any great production we see from Bowers or any TE probably wont be realized for a couple of years.  Better to go with a WR then.

1 minute ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Wasn’t he really poor at contested catches? He’s not going to run wild in the NFL, that’s my concern. And Hackett 

If you run a clean route you’ll get open he may not be a jump ball guy but he was a good playmaker 

1 minute ago, JetsandI said:

I really wish 2024 qb group was that strong.  I have been uneasy about who Jets will draft in 1st round. 

If there was a QB worth it he’d be my top guy for 10, we have to take advantage of having Rodgers on the roster and Groom a QB

• Like 1

Just now, Dr.O said:

If there was a QB worth it he’d be my top guy for 10, we have to take advantage of having Rodgers on the roster and Groom a QB

Last time it happened was some time where Chad Pennington carried the clipboard for Vinny Testaverde.  Granted he was 3rd 1st rounder taken by Jets but whatever.

• Like 1

I try to get sense of whereabout for Kiran Amegadjie, draft wise.  Without affirmative subject to improve the pinpoint of his value, I have to estimate high 2nd round. He has size and athleticism to start for ALL teams in NFL. It would be a mistake to gamble his availability during Night Two.  Not to mention, he turned 22 last February. If his draft value is indeed on the rise then Jets should trade down from 10th.

Take WR then trade back to take Kiran or vice versa.

• Like 1

Yeah, that is something I would love to see. Kiran A sounds like a very intriguing developmental tackle. I would love to trade down, draft a WR (my personal favorite is Xavier Worthy), and then take Kiran in the second round. If we start the draft that way, that would be great. Then I would target a starting safety, a developmental QB, another WR (an heir apparent to Mike Williams), a developmental guard and maybe a developmental linebacker. 

In whatever order they prefer.