2024: Around the NFL

Forge

1 hour ago, WhyAmIHere said:

I've been pretty staunch in my belief that Shanahan is the best playcaller in the NFL the past 5-6 years, but I gotta say Ben Johnson may have surpassed him.  This dude is calling perfect play after perfect play, and he doesn't have a mobile QB to bail him out. 

Every call just seems perfect. 

Also, Hutchinson looks like the best DE in football.  Much quicker and more agile than Bosa, and just as strong. 

Yeah, I think its hard to go wrong with Shanny, Lafleur, KOC, McDaniel, McVay or Reid when it comes to an offensive mind. I'm not sure that there's a big difference there to make a big deal of. And I'm sure I'm leaving someone off. 

I think Hutch has leveled up this season as well. Bosa may be outside of the top 5 right now, but it's close. I think Hutch has put himself in that top 5 group with Watt, Crosby, Parsons, Garrett and Bosa. Someone has to be #6. 

2 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

PSA: Next time we want to rage on Shanahan, and his staff...look at some of the teams around the league. I'd hate to be a Dolphins fan right now. Fanbase has completely flipped on their coach.

I was just thinking it would be awesome to have McDaniel back if they let him go. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

PSA: Next time we want to rage on Shanahan, and his staff...look at some of the teams around the league. I'd hate to be a Dolphins fan right now. Fanbase has completely flipped on their coach.

We've been to 4 NFC championships and 2 super bowls in 5 years and there is still a pretty vocal subset of Cohn disciples and others who rag on shanny. It's crazy 

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Forge said:

We've been to 4 NFC championships and 2 super bowls in 5 years and there is still a pretty vocal subset of Cohn disciples and others who rag on shanny. It's crazy 

Yea, no coach is perfect.

And Shanny definitely has his coaching quirks that drive me absolutely crazy at times.

But he's easily a Top 3 coach in the league.

Only guys I would take over him would be Reid & maybe Tomlin.

• Like 1

The Buffalo Bills are like the AFC version of the Dallas Cowboys. 

Front running bum hunters who feast on and demolish inferior competition but as soon they play a real football team they get throated. 

Josh Allen's physical gifts bail him out, but when then lights are bright and the pressure is on he plays like a retard. Dude has a complete lack of situational awareness and no concept of game management. 

That's why they never get past the divisional round of the playoffs. 

Edited by Herodreamer79

12 minutes ago, Herodreamer79 said:

Josh Allen's physical gifts bail him out, but when then lights are bright and the pressure is on he plays like a retard

Yeah, nah.

Dude went through a stretch of two years in the post season where he had 14 TDs - 1 INT, threw for 1500 yards in 5 games, added another 300 rushing yards and a rushing TD. 

Last year he had 550 total yards, 7 TDs and 0 ints in 2 playoff games. 

Nobody is going to try and sell me on Josh Allen not being able to handle the spotlight. 

That's dumb. 

• Like 6

10 hours ago, 757-NINER said:

Yea, no coach is perfect.

And Shanny definitely has his coaching quirks that drive me absolutely crazy at times.

But he's easily a Top 3 coach in the league.

Only guys I would take over him would be Reid & maybe Tomlin.

I wouldn't even take them

Andy Reid sudden superbowl success is a Mahomes/Spagnuolo merchant. Reid's first 20 years as a head coach was a Master Class in Clinical Chokery. He's Kyle Shanahan x1000. in the 20ish years before Mahomes, Reid made the superbowl 1 time in that span despite making the playoffs 15 out of said 20 seasons. that offense isnt exactly lighting the world on fire anymore. Steve Spagnuolo's unit has been hard carrying that team for the past year and a half. they've been surviving on out-executing teams down the stretch because the defense can keep it close enough for Mahomes to get that 1 drive in late to win. 

i dont see tomlin being any better than Shanahan. he won a superbowl with Cowher's squad during the Bush administration. with Tomlin we'd be at the mercy of a revolving door of OCs

no thanks

Edited by Herodreamer79
  • Like 2