2024: Around the NFL

Forge

1 hour ago, GW21 said:

If I was Kyle I’d be on the phone trying to bring him in as a consultant at the very least.

For the love of God bring him back. And then spread a rumor that Demeco Ryans got a referral from Deshawn Watson for his favorite massage parlors so he gets fired and we can get the whole band back together and it’s Super Bowl baby!!!

Wasn't it the GM who drafted Zach Wilson and wasn't it the GM who sold their soul for Aaron Rodgers?

This reeks of a large level of scapegoating. 

The Jets are such a dumpster fire. How can one franchise be so chronically inept? 

It's week 6. What the hell are they going to do the rest of the season? 

Edited by Herodreamer79

8 hours ago, Herodreamer79 said:

The more we clamor for Shanahan to bring back Robert Saleh, the more Kyle Shanahan is going to dig in and double down with Nick Sorenson. 

Lol Kyle is arrogant, but I personally think he wants Saleh back. He won’t openly state it because he won’t throw Nick under the bus or doesn’t want to say anything negative about him. I think Kyle wants a true DC and not a project. We still run Saleh’s scheme so why not.

If anything, I think it’s going to be up to Saleh, if he wants to come back next year or go somewhere else. He will be touted as the best DC available. 

6 hours ago, StevenK said:

Lol Kyle is arrogant, but I personally think he wants Saleh back. He won’t openly state it because he won’t throw Nick under the bus or doesn’t want to say anything negative about him. I think Kyle wants a true DC and not a project. We still run Saleh’s scheme so why not.

If anything, I think it’s going to be up to Saleh, if he wants to come back next year or go somewhere else. He will be touted as the best DC available. 

I also think Kyle's aware that he's missing a little bit of the human element with Saleh gone. He's had Lynch around intentionally as a balance on that front. But I think Saleh (and Demeco) were really good for relating with players and bringing a human connection to Kyle's intensity and rationality.

I think in all successful ventures you need both science and sincerity. Objective and subjective truth. The parts of the brain associated with emotional pleasure and pain, disgust and fear can always be found to be firing at the same time as the parts that process abstract information in a concrete way. Zen and the Art of Motorcyle Maintenance would call this connection quality. I associate it strongly with Jurgen Klopp of Liverpool, who got that his teem needed these feelings that they could do what needed to be done in addition to the data of exercise and training and sleep and understanding of rotations and coverage shadows. 

I think we miss that feeling in places. Of getting it done for one's teammate. Of proving how good a team you are now. Because they know how good a team they were then. And I think it shows is some places where things don't seem as locked in or precise or clean.

It's why I appreciate the guys that still seem to have that feeling cutting to them to the quick of how beautiful it is when a team can be really good.

• Like 5

Jags are bad! They just got whipped by the Bears. Khan already mentioned he has faith in both Baalke and Pederson. But I wonder if they will be sellers. Go get Armstead! Lol…but in all honesty is there anyone we could possibly be interested in or value. I saw a rumor that they may be willing to trade Etienne.