2024: Around the NFL

Forge

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

3 / 85 for waddle

Aiyuk 4 / ~120 would make me quite happy. Would prefer the extra year at the current price rather than a future price. Would also take him out to roughly age 31, which is about the point that I want to look at younger options, anyways.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, JIllg said:

Aiyuk 4 / ~120 would make me quite happy. Would prefer the extra year at the current price rather than a future price. Would also take him out to roughly age 31, which is about the point that I want to look at younger options, anyways.

Yep, the market is the market at this point so trying to nickel and dime Aiyuk is pointless. 4 for 120 with like 85-90M guaranteed. 

I think the NFL will eventually go to an 18 game season with 2 byes. It could start 1 week earlier (Labor day weekend) & end 1 weekend later (President's Day weekend in the USA, Family Day weekend in most Canadian provinces). I think there would only be 2 preseason games in this scenario

Players need time in the offseason to rest their bodies, but its just so long. The season ended 4 months ago & there's still another 3 months to go between regular season games.

4 hours ago, 49ersfan said:

I think the NFL will eventually go to an 18 game season with 2 byes. It could start 1 week earlier (Labor day weekend) & end 1 weekend later (President's Day weekend in the USA, Family Day weekend in most Canadian provinces). I think there would only be 2 preseason games in this scenario

Players need time in the offseason to rest their bodies, but its just so long. The season ended 4 months ago & there's still another 3 months to go between regular season games.

Love the idea of Super Bowl Sunday being followed by a holiday tbh. I had to burn PTO for this last one lol.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, GW21 said:

Love the idea of Super Bowl Sunday being followed by a holiday tbh. I had to burn PTO for this last one lol.

It should just be super bowl Saturday, but that would be nice instead.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, JIllg said:

Fascinating...

I can't quit Lawrence. He's been so whelming. Disappointment by generational prospect standards, but I think he's still a pretty good QB overall. Has a lot of traits that I still like (though the turnovers are brutal) 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Forge said:

I can't quit Lawrence. He's been so whelming. Disappointment by generational prospect standards, but I think he's still a pretty good QB overall. Has a lot of traits that I still like (though the turnovers are brutal) 

And he’s had quite bad receiver drop rates kill some nice throws. And he hardly ever checks down, so his metrics have less completion percentage fluff. But when you’re a big play thrower that focuses outside the numbers where the YAC value of the targets is less and turn a higher percentage of pressures into sacks, you have to be Aaron Rodgers like at avoiding turnovers and making big time throws. Because you are giving up a lot of value in other ways. And Trevor gets you the big time throws. He’s up there with Love and Dak (and Brock) on the big time throw rate.  But he’s committing turnover worthy plays at a higher rate than even Brock and that’s the weakest part of Brock’s profile. And you really, really can’t do that with a sideline and sack heavy profile. There’s a path there, but more work than I think people know. He’s gotta get significantly better at a)sack avoidance, b) turnover rate, or c) have a more valuable middle of the field rich target diet. And those aren’t simple things.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JIllg said:

And he’s had quite bad receiver drop rates kill some nice throws. And he hardly ever checks down, so his metrics have less completion percentage fluff. But when you’re a big play thrower that focuses outside the numbers where the YAC value of the targets is less and turn a higher percentage of pressures into sacks, you have to be Aaron Rodgers like at avoiding turnovers and making big time throws. Because you are giving up a lot of value in other ways. And Trevor gets you the big time throws. He’s up there with Love and Dak (and Brock) on the big time throw rate.  But he’s committing turnover worthy plays at a higher rate than even Brock and that’s the weakest part of Brock’s profile. And you really, really can’t do that with a sideline and sack heavy profile. There’s a path there, but more work than I think people know. He’s gotta get significantly better at a)sack avoidance, b) turnover rate, or c) have a more valuable middle of the field rich target diet. And those aren’t simple things.

Or d) become a true outlier on big time throws rather than just in the top tier Rodgers style.