2024 NFL Draft Day 2 Discussion Thread

Just now, MikeT14 said:

Also PFF: Andrew Wylie isn’t bad!

Saying anyone from the offensive line that allowed the most pressures in the NFL last year is anything other than replaceable is just foolish IMO. The same is true about the defense that allowed the 3rd most points in NFL history.

4 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

Ask Ryan Kerrigan how hard it is to be a one man band when your sammiched between Jags. And Fletcher Cox is an all pro that is capable of winning a rep in that fashion. 

Comparing Cosmi to Kerrigan is a giant stretch. I will agree that Cosmi played better at guard, but it was servicable at best. He's not a difference maker.

2 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Also PFF: Andrew Wylie isn’t bad!

PFF wasn't the only ones who didn't think he sucked. That dummy over at Hogs Haven and Logan Paulsen thought the same lol. But yes, Wylie sucks. 

1 minute ago, Slappy Mc said:

Saying anyone from the offensive line that allowed the most pressures in the NFL last year is anything other than replaceable is just foolish IMO. The same is true about the defense that allowed the 3rd most points in NFL history.

This is just a ridiculous way of looking at things. Bad teams have good players. It happens all the time. 

Watch Cosmi in any game from the second half of last year in particular, and I don't think you'll be saying he's "serviceable" and "replaceable." I think you guys are just way off on this one. Even if you don't think he was a top 5 guard last year (as PFF did), he was damn good. He moves well, he anchors well, and he has a ton of functional strength. He's an absolutely elite athlete compared to the typical guard, and it shows.

Assuming he doesn't get hurt and translates over to the new offensive scheme effectively, I'll be disappointed if they don't have a deal done by midseason. You gotta spend the damn cap space on somebody.

• Like 5

Just now, lavar703 said:

This is just a ridiculous way of looking at things. Bad teams have good players. It happens all the time. 

Sure they do, just not the team that Rivera built. I have said it from the jump, don't get attached to anyone from the Rivera era because they are all going to go. You have to suck really, really bad to be one of the worst of all time.

Cosmi isnt a terrible player, but he isn't a building block, especially in the last year of his contract and what he has currently shown. He can change that this year, but its an uphill battle. I caught flack for saying that Curl, Sweat and Young were competing for a contract extension (or two) and none of them got an extension here. Sweat was the only one that got anything decent contract-wise.

Just now, e16bball said:

Watch Cosmi in any game from the second half of last year in particular, and I don't think you'll be saying he's "serviceable" and "replaceable." I think you guys are just way off on this one. Even if you don't think he was a top 5 guard last year (as PFF did), he was damn good. He moves well, he anchors well, and he has a ton of functional strength. He's an absolutely elite athlete compared to the typical guard, and it shows.

Assuming he doesn't get hurt and translates over to the new offensive scheme effectively, I'll be disappointed if they don't have a deal done by midseason. You gotta spend the damn cap space on somebody.

He's a beast. I'm really not understanding the dislike of Cosmi lol. 

Just now, lavar703 said:

He's a beast. I'm really not understanding the dislike of Cosmi lol. 

2 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I don't think they resign anyone before the end of the season. This is still an evaluation season. If he jumps off the page as a guy that HAS to be resigned, sure. I don't think Cosmi is that at this point though. I think he is good, but not great. I do think he is replaceable and won't be on roster next year unless its on a franchise tag.