The Official 2024 Raider Draft Day Thread

2 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Peyton Wilson also a 6th year senior. Probably not a need, but I would have went Troy Franklin.... 

Franklin, Wilson, Tampa, and plenty more were bpa, that's the crappy part, but also like I said hopefully the scouts know better ,as fans thats all we can hope for. We obviously ALL would've gone a different player (100% all of us.lol) 

16 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

You love it don't you. 

Nah, not really. 

One of the legitimate questions about him as an evaluator coming from the Chargers was about picks made once the gimme picks are done. 

JPJ was a good one. 

Glaze was a bad one. 

Nothing really dispelled with this kind of major reach. And I actually want the team to succeed. Just because I don't immediately coronate every GM that makes an easy pick as smart, savvy, land logical and doig. The bestest draft ever doesn't mean I'm cheering for them to goof. 

1 minute ago, Geezy said:

Didn’t he want Bruce at 7 lol

Pepperidge Farms remembers everyone saying we would take him at 7.. I've been following you guys on this board forever it seems. Thank you guys for keeping the forum going and being one of my trusted sources 🫡

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Nah, not really. 

One of the legitimate questions about him as an evaluator coming from the Chargers was about picks made once the gimme picks are done. 

JPJ was a good one. 

Glaze was a bad one. 

Nothing really dispelled with this kind of major reach. And I actually want the team to succeed. Just because I don't immediately coronate every GM that makes an easy pick as smart, savvy, land logical and doig. The bestest draft ever doesn't mean I'm cheering for them to goof. 

I dont think Bowers was an easy pick. He could easily went T or CB and no one would’ve batted an eye. Stuck to his board and went BPA. JPJ was a no brainer but have to give him props for staying put and letting the board fall to him. Could easily have nailed two All Pros in a couple years.

2 minutes ago, NERaiders said:

Pepperidge Farms remembers everyone saying we would take him at 7.. I've been following you guys on this board forever it seems. Thank you guys for keeping the forum going and being one of my trusted sources 🫡

Same, been following this board since 2008. Forget my old user name when we switch to the new site, but still here.

3 minutes ago, NERaiders said:

BC had one of the sickest combines ever. I was excited when we landed him in the 4th.

Just now, OldManWillis said:

Same, been following this board since 2008. Forget my old user name when we switch to the new site, but still here.

I started here in 07 during the lead up to the draft. I lost my account during the change too.

Overall, I’m okay/somewhat happy about this draft. I don’t think it’s a bad one. I actually still think it’s a pretty good one. They just aren’t flashy picks. We are literally building the trenches with some receiving sprinkled on top. We must really trust the CBs we in place. And our LBs. 

Maybe all defense on day 3?!?

2 minutes ago, OldManWillis said:

I’ve been around since 2012-2013. Can’t remember my name on the old forum either. I didn’t post much back then. Just read what everyone else was thinking. I think I had like 500 posts.

3 minutes ago, Geezy said:

I dont think Bowers was an easy pick. He could easily went T or CB and no one would’ve batted an eye. Stuck to his board and went BPA. JPJ was a no brainer but have to give him props for staying put and letting the board fall to him. Could easily have nailed two All Pros in a couple years.

That's why it was an easy pick. 

You take a guy like Bowers, everyone is going to gush over it regardless of what you don't take (which is exactly what everyone did). He's the type of player nobody isn't going to like having. 

If you collect a bunch of individual studs everyone individually loves, you look great. Until.the receipts catch up and the rest of your performance falls off. It's literally what kept happening to the Chargers. 

3 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Overall, I’m okay/somewhat happy about this draft. I don’t think it’s a bad one. I actually still think it’s a pretty good one. They just aren’t flashy picks. We are literally building the trenches with some receiving sprinkled on top. We must really trust the CBs we in place. And our LBs. 

Maybe all defense on day 3?!?

First two picks are studs. Rest are crapshoots. This is a excellent draft based on those two.