Lunatics Final Mock Draft - Full First Round + Bears Draft

StLunatic88

1. CHI: Caleb Williams - QB USC
    • We know this, its going to be great. He is as set up as any #1 overall QB has ever been, Let's try not to tarnish tonight with the Stadium stuff
  2. WAS: Drake Maye - QB UNC
    • Its going to be intriguing, but I feel like Daniels has been the smoke screen since Peters accidentally publicly gushed over Maye. Hes the better Franchise QB prospect, and then the Sam Howell doesnt really make sense unless you are separating May and Howell who are like best friends
  3. [TRADE] LV: Jayden Daniels - QB LSU
    • Raiders make the big splash. Its not typical Tolesco, but they need to do something here and with the Pierce connection this is the time to do it. Why else hang on to Devante? If Daniels goes 2nd, not sure the Patriots move out
  4. ARZ: Marvin Harrison Jr - WR Ohio St
    • Ossenfort is getting alot of credit for not really doing all that much last year. Not that he is bad, but Im not sure he is this trade wizard either. Sometimes the smartest move is to just stay put and take the best player in the draft when he is handed to you
  5. [TRADE] MIN: JJ McCarthy - QB Michigan
    • Im not completely convinced that the Vikes make this move, i think they want JJ, but this move is alot, but do they risk hoping he falls? The Patriots could now do the trade down and back up now. But this just makes sense.
  6. NYG: Malik Nabers - WR LSU
    • If Daniels gets to them, they would take him, but not sure they are trading up for anyone. Especially when you can just sit tight and take a Stud in Nabers. It feels like the least sexy pick a WR has ever been, but its a great pick
  7. TEN: Joe Alt - OT Notre Dame
    • This could be a big trade out spot, but after looking around, I think the elder Callahan will just say "hey dummies, dont over think this and grab the franchise LT". Which is why Im not getting my hopes up for Alt unless the Chargers get desperate and feel like they have to move from 5 regardless of the return
  8. [TRADE] JAX: Rome Odunze - WR Washington
    • The Jags made no secret that they have met with all of these top WR. And Gabe Davis is clearly a complimentary piece. They make this move up top grab the last of them, as they need to give Lawrence ever chance to become the Savior he was touted as
  9. [TRADE] NO: Taliese Fuaga - OL Oregon St
    • There will be a bunch of OTs taken in the First Round. And I think the Saints are looking at a specific guy because of the situation they are in. They are still hoping Panning is a LT, and while Ramczyk is a long shot to make it back, if he does, Fuaga is the most natural to be a Guard for a year. The Jets could be looking at him too, so thats why the jump
  10. NYJ: Brock Bowers - TE Georgia
    • This is either OL or the best weapon. And Bowers slipping to 10 makes this a great pick for Rodgers. The "rookie weapon" think with Aaron is nonsense, because he always had like 4th/6th round rookies, nothing like Bowers. Plus if this blows up (or if Rodgers just rides into the sunset) its a great spot for another QB to walk into now
  11. *LAC: JC Latham - OL Alabama
    • I have believed this for a while, but its starting to make the rounds, Harbaugh would take Latham at #5 if he gets stuck there. Its his type of player and they can flip this OL very quickly with a few picks. 
  12. DEN: Dallas Turner - ED Alabama
    • A whole lot has been talked about the QB situation, and its bad, but it feels like Peyton is just biding his time. So in the meanwhile they restock the Defense with possible the best defender in the Draft. 
  13. *NE: Olu Fashanu - OL Penn St
    • This ends up being an absolutely great Draft Day for the Patriots, and it happens for them because of course it does. Olu is a great prospect, but needs a bit of seasoning, and getting him in this situation allows him to work out the kinks before they get the new QB in there. (might ruin this idea later on)
  14. *CHI: Jared Verse - ED Florida St
    • I have felt like this is the guy we have wanted for a long time. But we make the trade down 5 spots because there are 5 guys who we still value when we are on the board at #9 (Verse, Turner, Olu, Bowers, Murphy). This helps set up the defense to stay consistent as we can get constant pressure form our pair of 3 down DEs
  15. IND: Quinyon Mitchell - DB Toledo
    • Feels like this is either a WR or CB, and with Mitchell falling, its an easy choice. I still think Quinyon may be the best Defensive prospect in the draft. Good move by the Colts and they can grab the compliment WR in the second instead of reaching for one
  16. SEA: Laiatu Latu - ED UCLA
    • Feels like the Hawks would desperately be looking to trade out here, but not alot to come up for at this point. IF they get stuck, Latu just feels like a Seahawk, and they almost have to take someone along one of the lines (although they never seem to go IOL)
  17. *ATL: Byron Murphy - DL Texas
    • I still think the Murphy chatter is about what the Falcons would actually do if they get stuck at #8, But after that he falls back toward where he should be drafted. Its a good fit, and makes sense in this range. 
  18. CIN: Johnny Newton - DL Illinois
    • I have them ranked together, and they get drafted together. After losing some great stuff inside, they need to replace. Now if this Hendricks situation is real, that could force them to look at DE too (although I still think Murphy is going to be very good with them) 
  19. [TRADE] DAL: Jackson Powers-Johnson - OL Oregon
    • Dallas has to fix the Center spot if they want to make a run this year, and grabbing JPJ is the perfect fit for them. Its not sexy, but its very important if Jerry wants a real shot at a SB
  20. PIT: Troy Fautanu - OL Washington
    • Its crazy how much help the Steelers need on the OL. So grabbing the best OT left makes sense (who could also be a guard if needed). Just take the best OL and make it all work later. Probably the first of a couple in this draft for them
  21. MIA: Graham Barton - OL Duke
    • Theres always a chance they could still bring Connor Williams back (still think we should be fighting for him) but they need help at Guard too, so Barton is actually a perfect fit here.
  22. PHI: Terrion Arnold - DB Alabama
    • Philly lucks out, and has their pick of nearly every DB in the draft. Many will point to DeJean, and he would be worth it, but a true corner like Arnold seems like more of a fit, as we know how much they love their Georgia and Alabama guys
  23. *LAC: Cooper DeJean - DB Iowa
    • Speaking of, with the extra pick in the trade down the Chargers just need to accumulate talent. And with the familiarity, and the letter he wrote to teams, thats the kind of stuff Harbaugh loves.
  24. *LAR: Chop Robinson - ED Penn St
    • Rams need to reload, and after a small trade down the next best Edge guy is still there. Everyones immediate instinct is that they need to replace Aaron Donald, but that just isnt realistic. So they need to just grab talent wherever on that Dl and rebuild that unit completely without thinking of Donald.
  25. GB: Tyler Guyton - OL Oklahoma
    • Is this their most immediate need? Not really, but while their OTs were good enough, they could be upgraded on. And a talent like Guyton, who needs some seasoning is such a Packers pick. Im going to be mad about them getting Guyton in like 2026
  26. [TRADE] KC: Amarius Mims - OT Georgia
    • With only one real First Round OT left, the Chiefs make their move here. Plenty of talk about WR, but with Hollywood and Rice likely to be back later in the year, they need to be protecting Mahomes. Mims can take his time settling in here while Pat masks his issues for a bit, but should be comfortable come playoff time, and might be a monster in just a few years time 
  27. ARZ: Nate Wiggins - DB Clemson
    • Just take more talent. They need all they can get. And a DB like Wiggins usually go much higher than this, so they take advantage. A whole lot of talk about all this trading around for the Cards, by staying put they get some great talent falling into their laps
  28. BUF: Adonai Mitchell - WR Texas
    • It doesnt feel great drafting the 4th WR to replace Stefon Diggs, but with Mitchell, they get a guy who could really rival MHJ in a few years time. Plus everyone seems to forget they have Kinkaid who is basically another WR on that roster more than a TE
  29. DET: Kool-Aid McKinstry - DB Alabama
    • Many will point to Brian Thomas still on the board, but they have weapons, and Campbell still wants to run the ball even more. But they need to do something in the secondary, and McKinstry proved he is hard nosed and versatile, something they will love
  30. BAL: Brian Thomas Jr - WR LSU
    • If this inst the most Ravens WR in this draft I dont know who is. Freakish speed, and playmaking shimmy, but not really a route runner and can get lost in the combination. With Lamar, you take that chance that he can connect enough to could completely change this offense.
  31. [TRADE] NE: Michael Penix Jr - QB Washington
    • When the Owners Son gets involved, they just cant help themselves. They got out of the way for the big deal to trade down, but still demand that they end up with a QB this year. This move up is to secure the last potential Franchise QB in the dradft, but its not without its massive worries here. But getting back into the 1st with that 5YO is very important.
  32. *TB: Zach Fraizer - OL West Virginia
    • The Bucs mad the move to drop down once the other IOL were snatched up right infront of them, but that allows them to make a small reach to fill their massive hole in the middle with a guy who should hold up to NFL lineman immediately, while he figures out the transition to NFL as a Center.

Bears/Saints Trade: #9+#75 for #14+#45+#150+#190

• A bit of cleanup on the trade down from #9, we move up 30 spots on Day 2 and make sure we are able to grab one of the last real talents in this draft (only about 50 guys I really care about, after that its fliers and roster fillers) We also get a few later picks, which Im not the most interested in, but they are noce to have if we need to move around for a guy or two, and if not take a chance on some guys who might help in a few years.

45. Xavier Legatte - WR South Carolina

• I do believe we come out of this weekend with a new weapon, I just dont believe it needs to be at #9. I like Lagette alot, because he only just got to be a focal point at USCar and dominated. He can walk in day one as WR3/KR and be a threat as a gadget guy and push deep, all before he even learns how to run routes correctly and get off the press. If he csan do those things, were talking about an absolute streal in a year or two from now.

122. Tanor Bortolini - OL Wisconsin

• I will always be a sucker for Badger Lineman, but especially ones who know who they are and dont try to be some big brute when they are more of a cerebral lineman. Bortolini can give us interior flexibility and I believe has what it takes to eventually bve a starting Center in the league. Smart and solid pick, nothing really flashy here.

150. Makhi Wingo - DL LSU

• This hurts me as a Mizzou fan, but hes a good kid and you cant hate on the transfer portal. But he definitely didnt take off like he thought he would at LSU, but he did flash at times as their best DL in a unit crowded with star rankings. Guys has a motor, great strength, more athleticism than youd expect and has good hands always mucking it up. He rushes on pure instinct and needs to tighten up some technical stuff, but thats why he is available at this point in the draft. Feels like a nice rotational rookie, and someone who can take over Walkers role pretty soon (can line up at edge if we run some odd looks)

190. Tory Taylor - P Iowa

• Screw it, Im going to keep calling for him till we dont get him. If we do move down and get a later pick like this, its more likely to me moved again to make sure we grab out guy in one of the other picks. But if we have one around here, there are no players who are going to help us as much as a Punter we can rely on. I understand the numbers on Gill dont make him look awful, but watching him in game, he often seemed to shank one at the worst times and/or not get us the big boot we needed when we got backed up. So unless there are legal charges sneaking up on Taylor, I want him.
  • Like 3

I'd be down for this, 100%. Good work man

FWIW  I don't quite get what you're trying to say in the WAS pick. It seems like you're saying Howell and Maye might be in an awkward spot there since they're friends but Howell was traded to Seattle

15 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

FWIW  I don't quite get what you're trying to say in the WAS pick. It seems like you're saying Howell and Maye might be in an awkward spot there since they're friends but Howell was traded to Seattle

which is why howell was traded - because it would have been weird drafting maye to take howells spot

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

I think he’s saying ‘why trade Howell if they weren’t planning on taking maye?’.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

That’s exactly what I’m talking about. It’s a bit awkward to have best/close friends battling it out for the Starting QB in the NFL. If Daniels was locked in as the pick, then why do they need to get rid of Howell? That’s a proven/solid NFL QB that they sent away for nothing really. The only reason you do that is if there would be a problem (why we traded Fields) 

Im not saying I know anything at all, it’s just very weird. If they were locked in on Daniels why the Top Golf thing with all of them? Why the rumors of Daniels wanting to play elsewhere? Why has the betting market not shot to -3000 for Daniels at #2?

It would also explain why we are hearing all these separate rumors about teams trying to work with NE, but why hasn’t those been more solidified? Maybe because no one really believes one way or another who WAS is picking?

im just reading tea leaves from 4 months of draft stuff. So I may have flew over the cuckoo’s nest. But we’re always surprised somewhere (Houston last year)

2 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

That’s exactly what I’m talking about. It’s a bit awkward to have best/close friends battling it out for the Starting QB in the NFL. If Daniels was locked in as the pick, then why do they need to get rid of Howell? That’s a proven/solid NFL QB that they sent away for nothing really. The only reason you do that is if there would be a problem (why we traded Fields) 

Im not saying I know anything at all, it’s just very weird. If they were locked in on Daniels why the Top Golf thing with all of them? Why the rumors of Daniels wanting to play elsewhere? Why has the betting market not shot to -3000 for Daniels at #2?

It would also explain why we are hearing all these separate rumors about teams trying to work with NE, but why hasn’t those been more solidified? Maybe because no one really believes one way or another who WAS is picking?

im just reading tea leaves from 4 months of draft stuff. So I may have flew over the cuckoo’s nest. But we’re always surprised somewhere (Houston last year)

Re: Howell, it could be as simple as that Kingsbury just doesn’t see Howell as a fit for what they want to do and that he’s stylistically very different from Daniels (they did sign Mariota as their presumed backup). I could see a defensive HC in Dan Quinn not liking the idea of a QB who threw 21 INTs last year as his 2024 backup too.