Bears Officially Select Caleb Williams at 1.1

Sugashane

2 minutes ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

Didn't we all say more or less the same thing last summer too?  

Put that in the same category as "I'm walking into camp in the best shape of my career."

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

It is interesting to me that Caleb and I have very similar body types (me with a lot less muscle due to lack of working out these days and being old and you know not being a world class athlete).

I weigh 220 and am 6’1.  He is 6’1 and about 210.  At same age I was around 210 or so if memory serves. 

He is naturally thicker than me all the way around, a bit in upper body, but much more noticeably in legs. He has big legs.  

My point isn’t anything me, i am using it as a reference that I  think Caleb will be going past a 220 playing weight as he gets his grown man thickness in next 4-5 years.  A gradual increase.

Larger point is I think that added muscle and weight will make his crazy throws that he already makes look easy that much easier.  I could throw a football way farther and easier in my mid 20s than I could when I was younger.  

He's going to be super surprised when he opens his own practice though,  might be a distraction from football no?

On topic he seems really well built already, you really think there's more room for meat on the bone? Honestly I had wondered if the opposite might have been true and he was just trying to get as big as possible to make teams not worry about his size. 

Whatever he does I hope he does some of the endurance and stretching work that FIelds' did.  I think that's all underrated and can really extend someone's useful time span. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bigbear72 said:

Put that in the same category as "I'm walking into camp in the best shape of my career."

They should just make that a poster on the wall of the training facility so people just can just tap it as they go by and get interviewed about how they feel on day one.  Seems more realistic than "BELIEVE"

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

He's going to be super surprised when he opens his own practice though,  might be a distraction from football no?

On topic he seems really well built already, you really think there's more room for meat on the bone? Honestly I had wondered if the opposite might have been true and he was just trying to get as big as possible to make teams not worry about his size. 

Whatever he does I hope he does some of the endurance and stretching work that FIelds' did.  I think that's all underrated and can really extend someone's useful time span. 

I think flexibility is huge in injury prevention.  Especially for big men.  Were I a professional athlete I would make flexibility training via yoga or whatever a 6 day a week thing.

18 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

I think flexibility is huge in injury prevention.  Especially for big men.  Were I a professional athlete I would make flexibility training via yoga or whatever a 6 day a week thing.

That would seem wise!  Seems like the stigma of doing "girl" exercises is like yoga or just stretching out before or after is getting to less of a thing. I can't recall who, but I  recall there was a DL who was really into ballet and said it helped on the field and kept him off the trainers table. 

Just speaking for myself, and I am not a big guy,  daily stretchy stuff has made it so I can get out of bed in the morning. About 10 years ago I was pretty non functional on both shoulders and today I can throw a golf ball nearly a meter!  In all seriousness, the yoga youtube videos are usually aesthetically pleasing whidh doesn't hurt in the motivation department. 

6 minutes ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

That would seem wise!  Seems like the stigma of doing "girl" exercises is like yoga or just stretching out before or after is getting to less of a thing. I can't recall who, but I  recall there was a DL who was really into ballet and said it helped on the field and kept him off the trainers table. 

Just speaking for myself, and I am not a big guy,  daily stretchy stuff has made it so I can get out of bed in the morning. About 10 years ago I was pretty non functional on both shoulders and today I can throw a golf ball nearly a meter!  In all seriousness, the yoga youtube videos are usually aesthetically pleasing whidh doesn't hurt in the motivation department. 

Hershel Walker started that I think.

6 minutes ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

I am 49 and I sit in a chair most of day at work.

If I don't touch my toes a few times a day my back gets really tight.

I have to arm circles and things throughout day too.  And go for a walk.  Keep moving.  Rainy days like today are a pain because it makes me too sedentary.

Winter as well is tough on me.  I love Spring to Fall because I get out on bike a lot.

5 minutes ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

I love yoga. I dont do it but the wifey does. She's very... bendy. lol 

I've been slowly adding some of the stuff from Knees Over Toes. Aside from ankle flexibility I have lost a lot of mobility, if it wasn't for how I do squats then I'm sure they would have degraded too. 

p90X (remember that?) had a really intense yoga workout in it.

That was a really good work out program.  Way harder than I thought it would be.  I got laid off from a corporate job and decided to get in shape and be a police officer (which thankfully never happened - no offense @CBears019.  It got me in best shape of my life (I did it at 35).

First and only time aside from 17-20 yrs old when I had college free time to work out every day I sported a 6 pack.

• Like 3

Just now, dll2000 said:

I am 49 and I sit in a chair most of day at work.

If I don't touch my toes a few times a day my back gets really tight.

I have to arm circles and things throughout day too.  And go for a walk.  Keep moving.  Rainy days like today are a pain because it makes me too sedentary.

Winter as well is tough on me.  I love Spring to Fall because I get out on bike a lot.

Honestly when my wife got an under desk treadmill during the winter I thought it was stupid (smartly kept my opinion to myself though   lol), but I wish I had gotten one years ago now. She got it on sale from Amazon for like $130 but they are usually under $200. Its crazy how much you can get done while just walking at a leisurely ace. For my school I do a lot of my reading on Ice Cream Reader so I can have the audio and read at the same time, and at least 75% of the time I have my laptop propped up and and walking on it. Gets 10k steps easy between that and the daily dog walk. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Honestly when my wife got an under desk treadmill during the winter I thought it was stupid (smartly kept my opinion to myself though   lol), but I wish I had gotten one years ago now. She got it on sale from Amazon for like $130 but they are usually under $200. Its crazy how much you can get done while just walking at a leisurely ace. For my school I do a lot of my reading on Ice Cream Reader so I can have the audio and read at the same time, and at least 75% of the time I have my laptop propped up and and walking on it. Gets 10k steps easy between that and the daily dog walk. 

... Googling under desk treadmill. 

Just now, dll2000 said:

... Googling under desk treadmill. 

I'm not sure about that.  Not sure I can work on a computer and walk at same time.

I can talk and do it.  Might be too distracting.

3 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

I'm not sure about that.  Not sure I can work on a computer and walk at same time.

I can talk and do it.  Might be too distracting.

But I will get one just to use in winter.  Treadmills used to be crazy expensive.  Didn't realize you could get cheap ones now.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I'll get one for my wife.  She loves it when I tell her she needs to exercise more.

• Like 2