Bears Officially Select Caleb Williams at 1.1

Sugashane

Listening to Caleb in this press conference he sounds like a vet already...he is confidence without being arrogant...he holds himself right...

Contrast this to when Trubisky sat there with the look of a competition winner who couldn't believe his luck to be there and it is night and day...even compared to Justin who we knew had personality but not the confidence to show it often in front of the media and it just feels like an evolution of prospects from one to the next to the now.

14 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Listening to Caleb in this press conference he sounds like a vet already...he is confidence without being arrogant...he holds himself right...

Contrast this to when Trubisky sat there with the look of a competition winner who couldn't believe his luck to be there and it is night and day...even compared to Justin who we knew had personality but not the confidence to show it often in front of the media and it just feels like an evolution of prospects from one to the next to the now.

...but caleb didn't talk to media after the UCLA game...

17 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Meaningless but still a neat little trivia fact. 

Caleb Williams breaks Caitlin Clark's draft night merch sales record

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/40031096/williams-breaks-clark-nfl-draft-night-merch-sales-record

Probably only happened because most people waited to see what number he’d end up with after we traded for a HOF WR who wears 13. Still cool though.

I wonder if those Fanatics football jerseys are gonna be see through like their baseball pants… 

The excitement around the Bears is HUGE right now. Such a fun time to be a fan! 

I’m just thinking of how pumped Caleb has to be with what he has to work with this year. The 2023 USC offense had nothing but day 3 offensive talent with the exception of MarShawn Lloyd, who I think was a bit overdrafted in R3. Now he’s got two legit NFL #1 WRs and a rookie WR who was a consensus All-American and legit top 10 pick talent. 

44 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

I’m just thinking of how pumped Caleb has to be with what he has to work with this year. The 2023 USC offense had nothing but day 3 offensive talent with the exception of MarShawn Lloyd, who I think was a bit overdrafted in R3. Now he’s got two legit NFL #1 WRs and a rookie WR who was a consensus All-American and legit top 10 pick talent. 

Plus Kmet who is arguably a top 10 TE...Everett who is at least a productive F...and most importantly an OL who won't flat out get him killed on some plays like that USC one did countless times.

2 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Probably only happened because most people waited to see what number he’d end up with after we traded for a HOF WR who wears 13. Still cool though.

I wonder if those Fanatics football jerseys are gonna be see through like their baseball pants… 

The excitement around the Bears is HUGE right now. Such a fun time to be a fan! 

Thats a good point. I wonder how many ordered Williams with 13 that would have been included in this had they just waited. Number likely would be significantly higher. 

You know what I love?

No talk about him sitting and learning behind some mediocre QB.  Maybe getting a package .

Instead our QB is out there saying, why draft a punter?  We aren’t going to punt. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dll2000 said:

Mahomesesque

I think someone take Rice in the 7th as a legacy gamble but the point still remains...clearly everyone through all the success in the passing game was down to Caleb (spoke about it before but his numbers obviously went down a little last year after losing Addison)...

I am even more shocked that one of his OL got drafted in the 6th