Bears Officially Select Caleb Williams at 1.1

Sugashane

6 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Bears draft the most important player (alright quarterback, I’m not taking away from Walter Payton) in their history and this thread has one page 

Tbf he hasn’t beat out Bagent for QB1 yet, so….

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Bears draft the most important player (alright quarterback, I’m not taking away from Walter Payton) in their history and this thread has one page 

I think the last 2 months of knowing exactly where this was going has probably put a damper on it somewhat hahaha...

I still can't believe it to be fair...what a year to land that #1 pick off a trade along with everything else that came with it...if Caleb does live up to the billing then it has to be the biggest robbery in NFL history.

7 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Because we started the Tank for Caleb thread which was a billion pages long, then there was the other "Bears take Caleb at 1.1" thread that was about some gm mock draft.  The conversation has been had since week 6 of the season lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ty21 said:

You have to combine it with other one (the real official one) and the Trade Fields or draft Caleb debates found everywhere.  

There are a lot of pages on Caleb Williams.

1 hour ago, TankWilliams said:

Because we started the Tank for Caleb thread which was a billion pages long, then there was the other "Bears take Caleb at 1.1" thread that was about some gm mock draft.  The conversation has been had since week 6 of the season lol

Luckily that thread vanished because there were a lot of people saying some really dumb s*** about Fields and Williams in there that ought to be devouring plates of crow

1 hour ago, CBears019 said:

Tbf he hasn’t beat out Bagent for QB1 yet, so….

He hasn't beat out Roschon either. Caleb needs a breather every now and again too

2 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Luckily that thread vanished because there were a lot of people saying some really dumb s*** about Fields and Williams in there that ought to be devouring plates of crow

He hasn't beat out Roschon either. Caleb needs a breather every now and again too

True, I'll admit that there was a stretch of games midseason where my mind swayed towards preferring Fields, so I'll own up to that.  Pretty quickly after the end of the season (if not before) I was fully back on the Caleb train though.  

Edited by TankWilliams

Just now, TankWilliams said:

True, I'll admit that there was a stretch of games midseason where my mind swayed towards preferring Fields, so I'll own up to that.  Pretty quickly after the end of the season I was fully back on the Caleb train though.  

Unfortunately even after the season there were some people who thought trading Fields would cause a mutiny, that the HAUL was a better idea, etc etc and through it all were being disrespectful about it.

Ultimately I'm glad it's over and we can hopefully never discuss new QB options until 2040 when I'll surely be dead